- Volume 27 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Performance Analysis of Floating Wave Energy Converter by Using CFD
CFD를 이용한 부양식 파력발전 장치의 성능해석
- CHOI, Yong-Seok (Korea Maritime and Ocean University) ;
- LIM, Tae-Woo (Korea Maritime and Ocean University) ;
- KIM, You-Taek (Korea Maritime and Ocean University)
- Received : 2015.07.22
- Accepted : 2015.08.24
- Published : 2015.10.31
The behavior and flow characteristics of the floating wave energy converter were analyzed by using CFD in this study. The average significant wave height was confirmed as 0.5~2.0m from the Korean coastal sea area. This study was carried out by selecting a range of 1.0~1.6m in the wave height to simulate the operations of realistic wave energy converter system. The principle of a piston wave maker was applied in order to produce periodic wave. The behavior of the wave energy converter and the state of the wave overtopping according to the generated periodic wave were confirmed through the unsteady three-dimensional flow analysis. It was found that the wave overtopping rate according to the generated periodic wave was in range of the 11.6~30.0 kg/s.
- ANSYS(2010). ANSYS CFX-Solver Modeling Guide, ANSYS, Inc.
- Dean, Robert G. & Dalrymple, Robert A.(1991). Water wave mechanics for engineers and scientists, World Scientific.
- Kim, Jeong Hyop.Kim, Gwang Tae.Park, Se Hun.Oh, Wee Yeong & Kim, Hyeon Ju(2012). A feasibility study on thermal energy resource in deep ocean water, Journal of the Korean Society for Marine Environmental Engineering 15(1), 9-18. https://doi.org/10.7846/JKOSMEE.2012.15.1.009
- Korea Energy Agency(2014). Energy statics handbook.
- Korea Institute of Energy Technology Evaluation and Planning(2013). Energy part material equipment R&D master plan.
- Korea Maritime and Ocean University R&D Foundation(2011), Wave power generation system as a floating water break, Korea, Patent 1010391240000.
- Lee, Jong Soo(2009). Preliminary study for optimum shape of caisson structure embedding wave power generation, Ph.D. Dissertation, Department of Ocean Engineering, Pukyong National University.
- Lee, Young Ho & Choi, Young Do(2007). The state and forecast of wave power technologies, Proceedings of the KINPR Spring Conference 31(1), 615-620.
- Li, Kui Ming Parthasarathy, Nanjundan Park, Young Kyu Jung, Ho Yun Choi, Yoon Hwan & Lee, Yeon Won(2011). Study on the motion of floater structure for design of wave energy generation in ocean, Journal of the Korean Society of Marine Engineering 35(5), 632-639. https://doi.org/10.5916/jkosme.2011.35.5.632
- Park, Seong Kawe(2009). A study on complementarity of green growth, JFMSE 21(2), 306-324.
- Song, Mu Seok.Kim, Do Young.Kim, Min Hong, Key Yong & Jun, Ki Chun(2004). Analysis of wave energy density for Korean coastal sea area based on long-term simulated wave data, Journal of the Korean Society for Marine Environmental Engineering 7(3), 152-157.