- Volume 10 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
A Study on Integration Scheme of Wireless Communications in Railway Wireless Network
철도 무선통신망 연동 방안 연구
- Received : 2015.05.08
- Accepted : 2015.06.23
- Published : 2015.06.30
The current railway wireless network uses various communication scheme depending on the section of railway. Therefore, in the train, it is required a specific communication device for the corresponding communication scheme to communicate and exchange data with the control center. To enhance data rate and support various services, LTE-R scheme has been developed for the next generation railway communications. To use both the existing communication and LTE-R schemes, it is required an integration method for encompassing all communication schemes. In this paper, we overview existing railway communications and LTE-R scheme. Then, we develop a network integration method which can be applied by using one terminal in the train. In addition, implementation issues for the integration are also considered.
Supported by : 국토교통과학기술진흥원
- H. Jung, Y. Ko, C. Li, and K. Lee, "Study on precise positioning using hybrid track circuit system in metro," J. of the Korea Institute of Electronic Communication Sciences, vol. 8, no. 3, 2013, pp. 471-477. https://doi.org/10.13067/JKIECS.2013.8.3.471
- D. Yang, C. Li, Z. Jin, K. Lee, and Y. Ko, "A study on hybrid track circuit tag recognition enhancement," J. of the Korea Institute of Electronic Communication Sciences, vol. 9, no. 4, 2014, pp. 537-542. https://doi.org/10.13067/JKIECS.2014.9.4.537
- C. Kim, B. Kim, and S. Lee, "A study on the necessity of integrated radio networks for domestic railways," In Proc. Fall Conf. of The Korea Society for Railway, Jeju, Korea, Oct. 2011, pp. 2808-2813.
- J. Choi, K. Kim, Y. Kim, S. Kim, and Y. Choi, "Review of domestic foreign integrated wireless network for railways," In Proc. Spring Conf. of the Korea Society for Railway, Mokpo, Korea, May 2012, pp. 1320-1324.
- Y. Song, Y. Kim, and J. Baek, "Development of integrated wireless network for railway," J. of the Korean Society for Railway, vol. 16, no. 6, 2013, pp. 551-557. https://doi.org/10.7782/JKSR.2013.16.6.551
- H. Yun, K. Lee, D. Yang, S. Oh, H. Jung, and S. Ryou, "A study on the development of train control system data transmission technology uisng a wireless mesh," J. of the Korea Institute of Electronic Communication Sciences, vol. 7, no. 1, 2011, pp. 149-156. https://doi.org/10.13067/JKIECS.2012.7.1.149
- M. Liem and V. B. Mendiratta, "Mission critical communication networks for railways," Bell Labs Technical J., vol. 16, no. 3, 2011, pp. 29-46. https://doi.org/10.1002/bltj.20520
- J. Gu, S. K, Jeong, C. H. Jeong, W. M. Nam, J. Y. Seo, H. Y. Yu, and J. S. Kim, A study on standard and method that frequency reassignment of telecommunication operators. Seoul, Korea, Korea Radio Promotion Association, 2010.
- S. Lee and S. Kim, "A study of wireless communication network constructing policy plan for a efficient railroad system infrastructure," J. of the Korean Society for Railway, vol. 16, no. 4, 2013, pp. 262-271. https://doi.org/10.7782/JKSR.2013.16.4.262
- A. Sniady and J. Soler, "Performance of LTE in high speed railway scenarios impact on transfer delay and integrity of ETCS messages," Lecture Notes on Computer Science 7865, 2013, pp. 211-222.