- Volume 31 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
A Public Building Applicability Research by Remodeling of the Existing Urban Hanok(Korean Traditional House) - Focus on the Hyehwa-dong Community Service Center -
도시형 한옥의 리모델링을 통한 공공건축물 활용 가능성 연구 - 혜화동 주민센터를 중심으로 -
- Kang, Dong-Woo ;
- Kim, Min-Gyu ;
- Kim, Do-Kyung
- 강동우 ;
- 김민규 ;
- Received : 2015.05.02
- Accepted : 2015.10.22
- Published : 2015.10.30
Hanok which is the traditional residence style of Korea has been existing for a long time. Recently, Hanok is being actively used through the newly-built building and remodeling for the residence purpose. However, few public buildings which follow the traditional Korea Architecture are founded. This Study is specialized in utilization of traditional Korea architecture building using as a public building. Hyehwa-dong community service center is nominated one of the suitable case. Hyehwa-dong community service center, as a case of the study, shows the positive possibilities of utilization of urban Hanok. Also, Hyehwa-dong community service center makes use of the historicity and Identity of Hyehwa-dong by Remodeling of the existing residence urban Hanok. This study has been performed through observation method and survey method investigation for the user of Hyehwa-dong community service center. The investigation result shows that users of Hyehwa-dong community service center feel inconvenience because of lack of enough inner space comparing other general public center. Even though the center has not enough space, the users want the building to be used as a public center because the building has the close relationship between traditional exterior space and interior space. Based on the investigation result, remodeling of the existing Hanok as a public building has positive potential as well as this dissertation is able to be used as not only a reference but also invigorating the Hanok.
Urban Traditional Housing;Urban Hanok;Remodeling;Public Buildings;Historicity;Identity;Hyehwa-dong Community Service Center;Actuality of Utilization
- Auri National Hanok Center Homepage from http://www.hanokdb.kr
- Bukchon Hanok Village Homepage from http://bukchon.seoul.go.kr
- Hyehwa-dong Community Service Center Homepage from http://www.jongno.go.kr/dongMain.do?dong=12
- Kim, Y. S. (2008). A study on Remodiling Method of Urban Traditional Housing -Through Prototype analysis of Bukchon Urban Traditional Housing-. Ewha Womans University, 17-24.
- Lee, S. H., & Kim, Y. S., & Kim, B. R., & Min, S. J., & Hwang, D. J., & Choi, W., & Kim, S. Y., & Song, I. H., & Jo, J. G. (2007). I will survive in Hanok. Dolbegae, 322-324, 373.
- Lee, K. M., & Ok, C. W. (2011). A Study on th policy Measures for Provision of the Han-Style Public Buildings. auri National Hanok Center. Policy of Hanok Brief, 14, 42-50.
- Song, I. (1990). (A)study on the types of urban tradiional housing in Seoul from 1930 to 1960. Seoul National University, 19-21.
- Seoul Development Institute. (2001). A General Planning of "Preservation & Regeneration of Buckchon". Seoul Special City, 175.
- Seoul Special City. (2005). Mid-term Evaluation on the Implementation of "Preservation & Regeneration of Buckchon". Seoul Development Institute, 39.