- Volume 19 Issue 6
In this study, shaking table test has been carried out for the dual frame passive control system for seismic performance verification of the proposed system. The proposed system was separated into two independent frameworks that are strength resistant core and frame structure by connecting to the damper. Moreover, the seismic performance improvement of the proposed system has been verified by comparing and analyzing the experimental results of the proposed system with an existing core system. As a result of the shaking table test, acceleration and displacement responses of dual-frame vibration control system are decreased than those of the existing strength resistant type core system. In the case of the core system, while the damage was concentrated on the column of first floor, the damage of the dual system was dispersed in each layer. The damage also was concentrated on the damper, almost no damage occurs to the structural members. It has been emphasized that installed dampers in the proposed dual system reduce the input energy of whole structure by absorbing seismic input energy, which leads overall system damage to be reduced.
Strength Resistive Core System;Dual-Frame Passive Control System;Shaking Table Test
- Park JH, Kim GM. Vibration Control Utilizing Interactions between a Moment Frame and a Shear Wall. Journal of the Architectural Institute of Korea Structure and Construction. 2010 Sept;26(9):31-38.
- Kim JK, Ryu JG, Chung L. Seismic Performance of Structures Connected by Viscoelastic Dampers, Engineering Structures, 2006;28:183-195. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.engstruct.2005.05.014
- Zhang WS, Xu YL. Dynamic Characteristics and Seismic Response of Adjacent Buildings Linked by Discrete Dampers. Earthquake Engineering and Structural Dynamics. 1999;28:1163-1185. https://doi.org/10.1002/(SICI)1096-9845(199910)28:10<1163::AID-EQE860>3.0.CO;2-0
- Li H, Wang SY, Song G, Liu G. Reduction of Seismic Forces on Existing Buildings with Newly Constructed Additional Stories Including Friction Layer and Dampers. Journal of Sound and Vibration. 2004;269:653-667. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0022-460X(03)00090-7
- Zhang WS, Xu YL. Vibration Analysis of Two Buildings Linked by Maxwell Model-defined Fluid Dampers. Journal of Sound and Vibration. 2000;233(5):775-796. https://doi.org/10.1006/jsvi.1999.2735
- Ying ZG, Ni YQ, Ko JM. Stochastic Optimal Coupling-control of Adjacent Building Structures. Computers and Structures. 2003;81:2775-2787. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0045-7949(03)00332-8
- Kim TK, Oh SH. The Study of the Response Characteristics Analysis according to the Lateral Displacement Control System of a Central Core Structure. Journal of the Architectural Institute of Korea Structure and Construction. 2014 Nov;10(1):35-36.
- Christian G, Pierino L. Static cyclic tests on lightly reinforced concrete shear walls. Engineering Structures. 2005 Apr;27:1703-1712. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.engstruct.2005.06.008
- Giovanni M. Theoretical and experimental study on the cyclic behaviour of X braced steel frames. Engineering Structures. 2012 Feb;46:763-773.
- OH SH. The Performance and Design of Passive Control System using Hysteretic Dampers. SIViC 2nd International Symposium. 2006.
- Kang Ninig Li. CANNY manual. c2012.
- Akiyama H. Earthquake-Resistant Design Method for Buildings Based on Energy Balance. c2002.
- OH SH. Seismic design of energy dissipating multi-story frame with flexible-stiff mixed type connection. Ph.D. thesis. Tokyo University; c1998.
- Park J, Reinhorn AM, Kunnath SK. IDARC : Inelastic Damage Analysis of Reinforced Concrete Frame - Shear-Wall Structures. YTechnical Report NCEER-87-0008. c1987.
- Kim TW, Douglas A, James M, James W. PERFORMANCE ASSESSMENT OF REINFORCED CONCRETE STRUCTURAL WALLS FOR SEISMIC LOADS. c2004.
- Nathan BC, Matthew R, David A, Tugce A. Self-Centering Seismic Lateral Force Resisting Systems: High Performance Structures for the City of Tomorrow. buildings. 2014;4:520-548. https://doi.org/10.3390/buildings4030520
- OH SH. Seismic Performance of Vibration Control Structural System with Hysteretic Damper. Earthquake Eng. 2011 Sept;733-754 .
연구 과제 주관 기관 : POSCO