- Volume 21 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
A Raster Image Scaling Method focused on Calligraphy
캘리그라피에 특화된 래스터 이미지 확대 방법
- Received : 2015.06.27
- Accepted : 2015.08.31
- Published : 2015.09.01
Recently, calligraphy has become popular because people focused on emotion. The strokes, dots, swoops, cracks and shading are the calligraphy factors for expressing various emotions such as joy, anger, sorrow, and delight. However, the emotion which is expressed by cracks and shading can be destroyed in the digital work when the calligraphy is used for a variety sizes of prints. Professionals work with high-resolution images which are obtained through the scanner, however normal users should work with low-resolution images taken with the smart phone for calligraphy image editing. We propose a raster image scaling method focused on calligraphy that maintains the emotion with cracks and shading, when normal users use the low-resolution calligraphy images in the digital work. The method recolors aliasing boundary of enlarged rasterized image. When recolored by our method, our method decreases aliasing by using the image gradient method, vivify calligraphy images, and maintains the emotion in cracks and shading by using the alpha value.
- Chenyang Xu and Jerry L. Prince, "Snakes, Shapes, and Gradient Vector Flow", Image Processing, IEEE Transactions on, vol. 7, no. 3, pp. 359-369, Mar 1998. https://doi.org/10.1109/83.661186
- Jian Sun, Jiaya Jia, Chi-Keung Tang and Heung-Yeung Shum, "Poisson Matting", ACM Transactions on Graphics - Proceeding of ACM SIGGRAPH 2004, vol. 23, no. 3, pp. 315-321, August 2004.
- HaCohen, Yoav, Raanan Fattal, and Dani Lischinski, "Image upsampling via texture hallucination.", Computational Photography (ICCP), 2010 IEEE International Conference on. IEEE, 2010, pp. 1-8, August 2004.
- Xian-Ying Li, Tao Ju and Shi-Min Hu, "Cubic Mean Value Coordinates", ACM Transactions on Graphics - SIGGRAPH 2013 Conference Proceddings, vol. 32, no. 4, Article no. 126, July 2013.
- Yu-Kum Lai, Shi-Min Hu and Ralph R. Martin, "Automatic and Topology-Preserving Gradient Mesh Generation for Image Vectorization", ACM Transactions on Graphics - Proceedings of ACM SIGGRAPH 2009, vol. 28, no. 3, Article no. 85, August 2009.
- Alexandrina Orzan, Adrien Bousseau, Pascal Barla, Holger Winnemoller, Joelle Thollot and David Salesin, "Diffusion Curves : A Vector Representation for Smooth-Shaded Images", Communication of the ACM, vol. 56, no. 7, pp. 101-108, July 2013. https://doi.org/10.1145/2483852.2483873