- Volume 25 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
A Study of Shield TBM Tunnelling-induced Volume Loss Estimation Considering Shield Machine Configurations and Driving Data
쉴드 TBM의 장비 형상 및 굴진 데이터를 고려한 체적손실 산정 연구
Park, Hyunku;Chang, Seokbue;Lee, Seungbok
- Received : 2015.09.25
- Accepted : 2015.10.08
- Published : 2015.10.31
Estimation of shield TBM tunnelling-induced volume loss is of great importance for ground settlement control. This study proposed a simple method for evaluation of volume loss during TBM tunnlling, which is able to take into account of shield machine configurations and main driving data in calculation. The method was applied to analyze the tunnelling cases with earth pressure balanced and slurry pressure balanced shiled TBM, and mostly, reasonable agreements with monitoring results were found. Additional discussions were made for some disagreements.
Volume loss;Shield TBM;EPB TBM;SPB TBM;Tunnelling
- Benzuien, A. and Bakker, K.J. (2007), "Bentonite and grout flow around a TBM", Proceddings of WTC 2007, Prague.
- Fargnoli, V., Boldini, D. and Amorosi, A., 2013, TBM tunnelling-induced settlements in coarse-grained soils: The case of the new Milan underground line 5, Tunnelling and Underground Space Technology, Vol. 38, 336-347. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tust.2013.07.015
- FHWA, 2009, Road Tunnel Manual (FHWA-NHI-09-010)
- Ingles O.G., 1972, Soil Stabilization, Butterworths, Sydney, Australia
- Jones, B.D., 2010, Low-volume-loss tunnelling for London ring main extension, Geotechnical Engineering, Vol. 163, 167-185.
- Lagerblad, B., Fjallberg, L. and Vogt, C., 2010, Shrinkage and durability of shotcrete, Proceedings of shotcrete elements of a system, ED: Bernard, E.S., 2010, Taylor & Francis Group, London, U.K., 173-180.
- Land Transport Authority, 2013, Particular Specification, Thomson Line Contract T212.
- Lee, K. M., 1989, Prediction of ground deformation resulting from shield tunnelling in soft clays, PhD thesis, The University of Western Ontario, Canada.
- Lee, K.M., Rowe, R.K. and Lo, K.Y., 1992, Subsidence owing to tunneling. I. estimating the gap parameter, Canadian Geotechnical Journal, Vol. 29, 929-940. https://doi.org/10.1139/t92-104
- Loganathan N., 2011, An innovative method for assessing tunnelling-induced risks to adjacent structures, Parsons Brinckerhoff Inc. New York, United States.
- Mair, R.J. and Taylor, R.N., 1997, Bored tunneling in ther urban environment, In proceedings of 14th International Conference on Soil Mechanics and Foundation Engineering, Hamburg, Germany.
- MTR Corportion Ltd, 2011, Consultancy Agreement No. C1105 - Shatin to Central Line.
- Park, H., Chang, S., Lee, S., Kim, d. and Jeon, K. C., 2013, Case study of ground settlement prediction for SPB-TBM advance in Bukit Timah Granite Rock, KTA 2013 Fall Symposium, Seoul, Korea, 71-74.
- Peck, R.B., 1969, Deep excavations and tunneling in soft ground, State-of-art report, in Proceedings of the 7th International Conference on Soil Mechanics and Foundation Engineering, volume State-of-the-Art Volume, Mexico City, Mexico, 225-290.
- Rowe, R.K. and Lee, K.M., 1992, An evaluation of simplified techniques for estimating three-dimensional undrained ground movements due to tunnelling in soft soils, Canadian Geotechnical Journal, Vol. 29, 39-52. https://doi.org/10.1139/t92-005
- Schmidt, B., 1969, Settlements and ground movements associated with tunneling in soil, PhD thesis, University of Illinois, Urbana, United States.
- Wongsaroj, J., Borghi, E. X., Soga, K., Mair, R. J., Sugiyama, T., Hagiwara, T., & Bowers, K. H., 2013, Effect of TBM driving parameters on ground surface movements: Channel Tunnel Rail Link Contract 220., In Geotechnical Aspects of Underground Construction in Soft Ground: Proceedings of the 5th International Symposium TC28. Amsterdam, the Netherlands, 15-17 June 2005 (p. 335). CRC Press.
Grant : 고수압 초장대 해저터널 기술자립을 위한 핵심요소 기술개발
Supported by : 건설교통과학기술진흥원