- Volume 28 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
Comparison of Generation Amount and Operating Time for Fixed-concentrated Type and Single Axis Trace Type of Photovoltaic
고정식 및 단축식 태양광 발전의 발전량과 운전시간의 비교
- Song, Hwan-Kee (Department of Electrical Engineering, DongShin University) ;
- Lee, Kyung-Sup (Department of Electrical Engineering, DongShin University) ;
- Choi, Yong-Sung (Department of Electrical Engineering, DongShin University)
- Received : 2015.10.20
- Accepted : 2015.10.24
- Published : 2015.11.01
In this paper, the power generation efficiency of the 4 [kW] fixed-concentrated type photovoltaic power generation system and that of the 4 [kW] single axis trace type photovoltaic power generation system were compared. For that purpose, the two types of photovoltaic power generation systems have been in operation for 1 year on an experimental basis. The amounts of power generated by the two types during the months of January through December and the characteristics of their operating times during the same period have been compared and analyzed. For the study, the type with higher efficiency was selected and the following conclusions have been reached. It was shown that the amount of power generated and the average operation times during the spring months of March through May are higher that those of the summer months of June through August when more sunlight is available. The reason for this phenomenon is thought to be that as the temperatures of the solar panel surface and the surrounding environment go up, the electric current decreases.
Photo-voltaic;Fixed-concentrated type photovoltaic;Single axis trace type photovoltaic;Power generation
- C. S. Kwon, K. S. Kim, T. Y. Do, S. J. Park, and F. S. Kang, Trans. of KIEE, 62, 342 (2013).
- K. B. Han, T. H. Han, S. W. Lee, and S. W. Han, J. of the Kor. Solar Energy Soc., 32, 29 (2012). [DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.7836/kses.2012.32.6.029] https://doi.org/10.7836/kses.2012.32.6.029
- T. K. Sung, C. S. Lee, E. Y. Lee, Y. M. Park, C. B. Joung, and B. C. Kim, J. of the Kor. Solar Energy Soc., 32, 129 (2012). [DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.7836/kses.2012.32.3.129] https://doi.org/10.7836/kses.2012.32.3.129
- Y. W. Kim and W. B. Kim, J. of the Kor. Soc. of Manufacturing Tech. Eng., 21, 747 (2012). [DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.7735/ksmte.2012.21.5.747] https://doi.org/10.7735/ksmte.2012.21.5.747
- Y. J. Kim, J. S. Lee, Y. G. Chung, and J. T. Kim, KIEAE Journal, 12, 113 (2012).
- K. H. Kim, J. of the Kor. Institute of Information and Communication Engineering, 15, 2072 (2011). [DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.6109/jkiice.2011.15.10.2072] https://doi.org/10.6109/jkiice.2011.15.10.2072
- Y. H. Jeong and J. Y. Lim, J. of IKEEE, 15, 211 (2011).
- P. Baltas, M. Tortoreli, and P. E. Russell, Solar Energy, 37, 147 (1986). [DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/0038-092X(86)90072-1] https://doi.org/10.1016/0038-092X(86)90072-1
- H. J. Noh, D. Y. Lee, and D. S. Hyun, IEEE IES, 2, 1113 (2002).
- P. H. Kim, H. L. Baek, and G. B. Cho, J. of the Kor. Solar Energy Soc., 25, 1 (2005).
- H. G. Song, MS Thesis, p. 1-54, Graduate School of Dongshin University, Naju (2014).