- Volume 39 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
Wear Characteristics of Cylinder-Liner Materials for Diesel Engine at Elevated Temperature
디젤엔진용 실린더 라이너 소재의 고온 마모특성
- Kim, Jin-Yeol (Mechanical Engineering, Chungnam Nat'l Univ.) ;
- Kim, Jae-Hoon (Mechanical Engineering, Chungnam Nat'l Univ.) ;
- Oh, Kwang-Keun (Mechanical Engineering, Chungnam Nat'l Univ.) ;
- Lee, Seung-Hak (Samyoung Machinery Co., Ltd.) ;
- Chang, Joon-Yong (Samyoung Machinery Co., Ltd.)
- Received : 2015.03.31
- Accepted : 2015.09.07
- Published : 2015.11.01
In a diesel engine, the wear of the cylinder liner occurs because of the continuous reciprocating motion of the piston ring. This wear reduces the performance of the diesel engine and shortens its service life. This study evaluated the wear characteristics of GT metal and a conventional metal used for cylinder liners using a ship's diesel engine. Wear tests were performed at temperatures of
Cylinder Liner;Friction Coefficient;Specific Wear Rate;Wear
Supported by : (주)삼영기계
- Hong, H. and Chun, S. M., 1994, "Source and Countermeasure of Wear and Damage in Engine," Journal of the KSTLE, Vol. 10, No. 2, pp. 5-19.
- Prchlik, L. and Sampath, S., 2007, "Effect of the Microstructure of Thermally Sprayed Coatings on Friction and Wear Response Under Lubricated and Dry Sliding Conditions," Wear 262, pp. 11-23. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.wear.2006.03.042
- Jang, J. H., Kim, J. H., Kim, C. H. and Moon, Y. H., 2008, "Effect of Coating Layer Hardness on the Wear Characteristics of Diesel Engine Cylinder Liner - Piston Ring," Transaction of Materials Processing, Vol. 17, No. 5, pp. 343-349. https://doi.org/10.5228/KSPP.2008.17.5.343
- Song, K., Kim, K. and Shim, D., 2004, "Evaluation of Tribological Properties on Piston Ring\Liner Using Accelerative Wear Test," 2004, KSTLE, pp. 75-78.
- Na, E.-Y. and Baik, S.-Y., 2009, "A Study on Types and Reasons of Engine Troubles Related to Fuel Oil," Journal of the MEE, Vol. 12, No. 3, pp. 143-150.
- Kim, C. K. and Kim, K. S., 2009, "Experimental Study on the Friction Characteristics of Pin-Bush Bearing Metals for Diesel Engine," Journal of the KSTLE, Vol. 25, No. 6, pp. 409-413.
- Ha, Y.-S., 2011, "Development of LVDT-Based Measuring System of the Cylinder Liner Wear for Marine Diesel Engines and Its Performance Evaluation," Trans. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng. A, Vol. 35, No. 6, pp. 829-834.
- Kim, K. H., Jo, J., Lee, H., Lee, J., 2012, "Marine Engine Wear Diagnosis and Assessment Using the Wavelet Transform," Journal of KIEE, Vol. 61, No. 6, pp. 845-850.
- Juri, P., Mart, V. and Sergei L., 2006, "Friction and Dry Sliding Wear Behavior of Cermets," Wear, Vol. 260, pp. 815-824. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.wear.2005.04.006
- Hang, J.-H., Kim, H.-H., Kim, C.-H., Y.-H., Moon, 2007, "Abrasive Wear Characteristics of Materials for Diesel Engine Cylinder Liner and Piston Ring," KSHT, Vol. 20, No. 2, pp. 72-77.