- Volume 39 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
Tapered Joint Design for Power Transmission of MW-grade Wind Turbine
MW급 풍력발전기 동력전달용 테이퍼 연결장치 설계에 관한 연구
- Kang, JongHun (Mechatronics Dept., Jungwon Univ.) ;
- Bae, JunWoo (Mechatronics Dept., Jungwon Univ.) ;
- On, Hanyong (Mechatronics Dept., Jungwon Univ.) ;
- Kwon, Yongchul (Kyeongnam Technopark)
- Received : 2015.05.19
- Accepted : 2015.08.11
- Published : 2015.11.01
This study focuses on the design of the tapered joints of a wind power turbine. The main variables of the tapered joint are the transmitted torque, shaft diameter, contact area of the tapered ring, and tightening torque of the bolts, which applies a compressive pressure from the hub to the shaft. The stress distribution of the taper fit was calculated under axisymmetric plane strain conditions because of the small taper angle. The axial displacement of the clamp can be calculated from the radial elastic deformation and the taper angle. The stress field of each ring is obtained from the cylinder stress equation. To verify the accuracy of the calculation, finite element (FE) analysis was performed, and the results of the calculation and FE analysis were compared. The hoop stress of the tapered surface showed a discrepancy of approximately 10, but the trends of the stress distributions of each component and the relative movement obtained by FE analysis were in good agreement with the analytical calculation results.
Tapered Joint;Axisymmetric Plane Strain;Power Transmission;Stress Analysis;Finite Element Method
Supported by : 에너지기술평가원
- "Flexible Couplings -Keyless Fits," 1991, ANSI/AGMA 9003-A91.
- "Interference Fits - Calculation and rules", 2001, DIN 7190-2.
- Hamrock, B.J. and Jacobson, B.O., 1999, "Fundamentals of Machine Elements," 3rd Edition, McGraw-Hill.
- Calistrat, M. M., 1980, "Hydraulically Fitted Hubs, Theory and Practice," Proceedings of the Ninth Turbomachinery Symposium, Texas A&M University, pp. 1-10.
- Mancuso, J. R. and Jones, R., 2001, "Coupling Interface Connection," Proceedings of the 30th Turbomachinery Symposium, Texas A&M University, pp. 9-22.
- Bozkay, D. and Mueftue, S., 2003, "Mechanics of the Tapered Interference Fit in Dental Implants," Journal of Biomechanics, Vol. 36, pp. 1649-1658. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0021-9290(03)00177-5
- Xiong, L., Shang, P. and Xu, Y., 2013, "Exact Solution of Stress and Radial Displacement of Elastic Tapered Interference Fit," Applied Mechanics and Materials, Vol. 423-426, pp. 1438-1443. https://doi.org/10.4028/www.scientific.net/AMM.423-426.1438
- Zhao, X. and Shang, P., 2014, "Exact Solution of Stresses of Tapered Interference Fit," Applied Mechanics and Materials, Vol. 556-562, pp. 4284-4287 https://doi.org/10.4028/www.scientific.net/AMM.556-562.4284
- Majzoobi, G.H. and Ghomi, A., 2006, Optimization of Compound Pressure Cylinders," Journal of Achievements in Materials and Manufacturing Engineering, Vol. 15, Issue 1-2, pp. 135-14
- Miraje, A. A. and Patil, S. A., 2012, "Optimum Thickness of Three-Layer Shrink Fitted Compound Cylinder for Uniform Stress Distribution, International Journal of Advances in Engineering & Technology, Vol. 3, Issue 2, pp. 591-605
- Kelly, P., 2013, Solid Mechanics Lecture Notes Part II, The University of Auckland. pp. 66-76.
- Jung, S.M. and Han, D.C., 1983, "Standard of Machine Design," Chapeter 2 Screw, bolt, Dongmyeongsa, pp. 91-98. (in Korean)
- Study on the design parameters of a low speed coupling of a wind turbine vol.18, pp.5, 2017, https://doi.org/10.1007/s12541-017-0086-4