- Volume 39 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
Development of Simplified Finite Element Models for Welded Joints
용접 결합부에 대한 단순화 유한요소 모델 개발
- Song, Seong-Il (Dept. of Mechanical & Automotive Engineering, Seoul Nat'l Univ. of Sci. & Tech.) ;
- Ahn, Sung Wook (Dept. of Mechanical & Automotive Engineering, Seoul Nat'l Univ. of Sci. & Tech.) ;
- Kim, Young Geul (Dept. of Mechanical & Automotive Engineering, Seoul Nat'l Univ. of Sci. & Tech.) ;
- Kim, Hyun-Gyu (Dept. of Mechanical & Automotive Engineering, Seoul Nat'l Univ. of Sci. & Tech.)
- 송성일 (서울과학기술대학교 기계자동차공학과) ;
- 성욱 (서울과학기술대학교 기계자동차공학과) ;
- 김영글 (서울과학기술대학교 기계자동차공학과) ;
- 김현규 (서울과학기술대학교 기계자동차공학과)
- Received : 2015.05.22
- Accepted : 2015.07.01
- Published : 2015.11.01
In this paper, we develop simplified finite element (FE) models for butt-, lap- and T-welded joints by performing numerical and experimental experiments. Three-point bending tests of butt- and lap-welded specimens are performed to obtain the stiffness of the specimens and the strains at points near the welding beads. Similarly the stiffness and strains of T-welded specimen are measured by applying a point load at the end of the specimen. To develop simplified FE models, we consider the shape parameters of width, thickness and the angle of weld elements in the numerical simulations. The shape parameters of the simplified FE models are determined by building linear regression models for the experimental data sets.
Welded Joints;Butt Weld;Lap Weld;T-shape Weld;Finite Element Analysis
Supported by : 산업통상자원부
- Zaman, I. and Rahman, R. A., 2006, "Application of dYnamic Correlation Technique and Model Updating on Truck Chassis," Proceeding of 1st Regional Conference on Vehicle Engineering and Technology, Putra World Trade Centre.
- Niw, C. C. and Abu Bakar, A. R, 2007, "Finite Element Modeling of Arc Welded Joints," Jurnal Mekanikal, Vol. 23, pp. 15-30.
- Vakili-Tahami, F. and Ziaei-Asl, A., 2013, "Numerical and Experimental Investigation of T-Shape Fillet Welding of AISI 304 Stainless Steel Plates," Materials and Design, Vol. 47, pp. 615-623. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.matdes.2012.12.064
- Xu, S. and Deng, X., 2004, "An Evaluation of Simplified Finite Element Models for Spot-Welded Joints," Finite Elements in Analysis and Design, Vol. 40, pp. 1175-1194. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.finel.2003.08.006
- Goo, B. C., Choi, B. I. and Kim, J. H., 2004, "A Finite Element Analysis of the Stress Concentrations for Butt Welded Joints," International of Journal of Korean Welding and Joining Society, Vol. 22, pp. 59-64.
- Numerical and experimental analysis of residual stresses in an arc welded lap joint and mapping of the residual stress field to a simplified finite element model vol.31, pp.10, 2017, https://doi.org/10.1007/s12206-017-0937-z