- Volume 41 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Improvement of Sewage Sludge Dewaterability using BIO-CLOD
BIO-CLOD를 이용한 하수 슬러지 탈수성 개선 효과분석
- Sung, Il-Wha (Department of Environmental Energy Engineering, Gachon University)
- 성일화 (가천대학교 환경에너지공학과)
- Received : 2015.09.02
- Accepted : 2015.10.01
- Published : 2015.10.28
Objectives: In order to review both the effects of sewage sludge dewaterability and deodorizing ability in the existing advanced sewage treatment process, BIO-CLOD (a solidified mixture of 10% Bacillus concentrate and inorganics) was used as an inorganic conditioner effective for deodorization treatment in addition to the removal of organic matter and nutritive salts. Methods: Sludge dewaterability was evaluated using specific resistance to filtration (SRF) experiments with six agitators and two types of commercially available BIO-CLOD; one that is made by grinding solid matter (powdered BIO-CLOD) and one that has been obtained by sieving a separation with a particle diameter of 100 mesh (100 mesh BIO-CLOD). For deodorization odor treatment experiments, 20 g of commercially available solid BIO-CLOD was submerged in four liters of sewage sludge and mixed and agitated for 45 days. Results: When BIO-CLOD was injected into sewage sludge to experimentally compare specific resistance to filtration (SRF), the optimum amount of BIO-CLOD to be injected was shown to be 2% w/v and the SRF value in this case was
- Ministry of Environment. Environ. Statistics Year book. Available: http://www.me.go.kr/home/web/policy_data/read.do?menuId=10264&seq=6436 2013.pdf [accessed 1 June 2015].
- Lee CG, Hwang EJ, Kang SJ, Bin JI, Lee BH. Reduction and stabilization of sewage sludge by ozonation. J. of Korean Soc. on Water quality. 2004; 20(3): 290-295.
- Hwang SY, Shon JR, Lee YS. The effect of ozone of the improvement of dehydration in treatment of sewage sludge measuring SRF. Korean Journal of Environ. Health Soc. 1993; 19(4): 44-50.
- Nam YW, Park TU. The characteristics of VFAs formation from dewatered sewage sludge by hydrogen peroxide. Journal of Korean Soc. of Environ. Eng. 2004; 26(6): 649-656.
Kwon JH, Park J H, Kwon DY. The improvement of sewage sludge dewaterability using
$H_2O_2$and Iron salts. 2003 Academic Conference Journal of Korean Society on Water quality. 2003; B55-B58.
- Na SM, Park JH, Kim YU, Kim JH. Enhanced dewaterability and physico-chemical characteristics of digested sewage sludge by ultrasonic treatment. J. of Korea Soc. of Was. Man. 2005; 22(7): 637-644.
- Oh C, Kim YU, Kim BI. Enhanced waterability of sewage sludge by ultrasonic treatment. J. of Korea Soc. of Was. Man. 2002; 19(3): 927-932.
- Lee JE. A study on thermal dewatering for improving the dewaterability of the municipal wastewater sludge. J. of Korean Soc. of Environ. Eng. 2004; 26(5): 601-609.
- Lee BH, Bang MH, Kim GH. Volume reduction of waste water sludge using electrolysis. J. of Korean Soc. on Water quality. 2006; 22(2): 264-270.
- Sung IW. The effect of the use of sodium hypochlorite and iron salts on sewage sludge dewaterability. Korean Journal of Environ. Health Soc. 2009; 35(1): 58-63. https://doi.org/10.5668/JEHS.2009.35.1.058
- Jang MJ, Sung IW. Improvement of sewage sludge dewaterability with NaOCl and Metal salt. Journal of Koren Soc. of Urban Environ. 2011; 11(3): 311-317.
- Kim EH, Shim EG, Lee MK, Kwak C, Park IS, Hwang YG. Recycling of waste oyster shell for improvement in digested sludge dewaterability. J. of Korean Ind. and Eng. Chem. 2000; 11(2): 176-182.
- Zemmmouri H, Mameri N, Lounici H. Chitosan use in chemical conditioning for dewatering municipalactivated sludge. Water Science & Technology. 2015; 71(6): 810-816. https://doi.org/10.2166/wst.2014.532
- Kim EH, Seo JY. A study on improving dewaterability and determining optimum condition of digested sludge using limestone. Korean J. of Environ. Health Soc. 2004; 30(3): 239-244.
- Park WC, Lee MA, Sung IW. Nutrient removal in an advanced treatment process using BIO-CLOD. Korean Journal of Environ. Health Soc. 2014; 40(4): 322-329. https://doi.org/10.5668/JEHS.2014.40.4.322
- Seo JW, Song TJ, Park JW, Lee TH, Lee SM. Characteristics of sludge dewaterability and viscosity with polymer flocculant addition. J of Korean Soc. of Environ. Eng. 1996; 18(12): 1609-1618.
- Namgung HK, Shin SK, Hwang SJ, Song JH. Transient behaviors of a two-stage biofilter packed with immobilized microorganisms when treating a mixture of odorous compounds. J of Korean Soc. of Environ. Eng. 2010; 32(12): 1126-1133.
- APHA, AWWA, WEF. Standard methods for the examination of water and wastewater, 21st.; 2005.p.2.56-60.