- Volume 30 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Experimental Verification of Displacement Estimation Algorithm using Velocity Time History
속도시간이력을 이용한 변위 추정 알고리즘에 관한 실험적 검증
- Joh, Sung-Ho (Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Chung-Ang University) ;
- Jeon, Jun-Chang (Construction Technology Consultant Co., Ltd.) ;
- Hwang, Seon Keun (Korea Railroad Research Institute) ;
- Lee, Hee-Hyun (Construction Technology Consultant Co., Ltd.)
- Received : 2015.03.24
- Accepted : 2015.05.20
- Published : 2015.08.31
In this study, displacement estimation algorithm, which is not requiring an absolute reference point unlike the conventional displacement measurement method, is developed using the geophone. To estimate displacement of the bridge, measured velocity time signal is integrated in the frequency domain. And, the estimated displacement is compared with the measured result using a conventional method. Based on the dynamic field test results, it was found that the estimated displacement by the present algorithm is similar to that of a conventional method. The displacement estimation algorithm proposed in this paper can be effectively applied to measure the displacement of a structure, which is difficult to install a displacement transducer at the fixed point.
Supported by : 국토교통과학기술진흥원
- S.W. Kim and N.S. Kim, "Verification of Multi-point Displacement Response Measurement Algorithm Using Image Processing Technique", Journal of Civil Engineering, KSCE, Vol.30, No.3A, pp.297-307, 2010.
- J.S Cho and Y. Huh, "Image Processing Technique for Measuring the Static Displacement of Bridges from General Inspection Photograph", Journal of Civil Engineering, KSCE, Vol.31, No.3A, pp.173-180, 2011.
- H.H. Nassif, M. Gindy and J. Davis, "Comparison of Laser Doppler Vibrometer with Contact Sensors for Monitoring Bridge Deflection and Vibration", NDT & E International, Vol.38, No.3, pp.213-218, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ndteint.2004.06.012
- B.S. Jung and O.D. Lee, "Assessment of the Dynamic Displacements Using the Response Conversion Algorithm", Journal of Civil Engineering, KSCE, Vol.20, No.4-A, pp.535-544, 2000.
- D. Bowness, A.C. Lock, W. Powrie, J.A. Priest and R.J. Richards, "Monitoring the Dynamic Displacements of Railway Track", Proceedings of Inst. Mech. Eng., F. J. Rail Rapid Transit, Vol.221, Part F., pp.13-22, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1243/0954409JRRT51
- B. Coelho, P. Holscher, J. Priest and F. Barends, "An Assessment of Transition Zone Performance". Proceedings of Inst. Mech. Eng., F. J. Rail Rapid Transit, Vol.224, Part F., pp.1-11, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1243/09544097JRRT287
- B.S. Jung, K.Y. Shin and C.M. Lee, "Estimation of Displacement Responses Using Acceleration Data Measured on Bridge Superstructure", Journal of Civil Engineering, KSCE, Vol.21, No.5-A, pp.677-686, 2001.
- M. Bell, T.W. Ma and N.S. Xu, "Recovering Bridge Deflections from Collocated Acceleration and Strain Measurements", Proceedings of SPIE, Vol.9435, 2015.
- K.T. Yang, "Problems in Double Integration of an Acceleration to Determine Displacement Characteristics of a Structure under Moving Load", Journal of Computational Structural Engineering, Vol.11, No.4, pp.135-146, 1998.
- Sercel, Geophones Specifications, 2014.
- D.I. Chang and H.H. Lee, "Impact Factor for Simple-Span Highway Girder Bridges", Journal of Structural Engineering, ASCE, Vol.120, No.3, pp.704-715, 1994. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9445(1994)120:3(704)
- H.H. Lee, J.C. Jeon and K.S. Kyung, "Determination of a Reasonable Impact Factor for Fatigue Investigation of Simple Steel Plate Girder Railway Bridges", Engineering Structures, Vol.36, pp.316-324, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.engstruct.2011.12.021
- A Method Estimating Displacement using Measured Strain Response of Simply Supported Girder Bridges vol.20, pp.3, 2016, https://doi.org/10.11112/jksmi.2016.20.3.018
- Development of Displacement Estimation Technique for Bridges Located under Poor Measurement Circumstances vol.19, pp.6, 2016, https://doi.org/10.7782/JKSR.2016.19.6.755