- Volume 15 Issue 5
Purpose: This paper presents a framework development for BIM (Building Information Modeling)-based OOPM (Object-Oriented Physical Modeling) for Building Thermal Simulation. The framework facilitates decision-making in the design process by integrating two object-oriented modeling approaches (BIM and OOPM) and efficiently providing object-based thermal simulation results into the BIM environment. Method: The framework consists of a system interface between BIM and OOPM-based building energy modeling (BEM) and the visualization of simulation results for building designers. The interface enables a BIM models to be translated into OOPM-based BEM automatically and the thermal simulation from the created BEM model immediately. The visualization module enables the simulation results to be presented in BIM for building designers to comprehend the relationships between design decisions and the building performances. For the framework implementation, we utilized the Modelica Buildings Library developed by the Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory as a thermal simulation solver. We also conducted an experiment to validate the framework simulation results and demonstrate our framework. Result: This paper demonstrates a new methodology to integrate BIM and OOPM-based BEM for building thermal simulation, which enables an automatic translation BIM into OOPM-based BEM with high efficiency and accuracy.
건물 열부하 시뮬레이션;건축정보모델링;물리적 모델링
- NSTC, Federal Research and Development Agenda for Net-Zero Energy, High-Performance Green Building, 2008.
- 안광호, 김형근, 최용석, "에너지 시뮬레이션을 통한 친환경학교의 에너지절약 계획방안에 관한 연구", 대한건축학회 논문집: 계획계, Vol. 27, No. 12, 2011.12 // (Kwang-ho An, Hyung-Keun Kim, Young-Seok Choi, "A Study on Energy Conservation Plan of Eco-friendly School by EnergyPlus", Journal of Architectural Institute of Korea, Vol. 27, No. 12, 2011)
- 국토해양부, 건축물 에너지절감 혁신방안, 2007 // (Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport, The Innovation Strategies for Building Energy Saving, 2007)
- 이원길, 조원준, "BIM기반 건축물 설계 과정에서 실시간 에너지 성능 분석을 위한 기술 개발에 관한 연구", 한국생태환경건축학회 논문집, Vol. 13, No. 1, 2013.2 // (Yun-Gil Lee, Won-Jun Cho, "A Study on the Development of the Technology of Evaluating the Performance of Energy", Journal of the KIEAE, Vol. 13, No. 1, 2013)
- 문현준, 최민석, 유승호, 박진우, "BIM 기반 건축환경 성능분석 인터페이스 개선방안 연구", 대한건축학회 논문집: 계획계, Vol. 25, No. 10, 2009.10 // (Hyeun-Jun Moon, Min-Seok Choi, Seung-Ho Ryu, Jin-Woo Park, "Building Performance Analysis Interface based on BIM", Journal of Architectural Institute of Korea, Vol. 25, No. 10, 2009)
- Hyangok Oh, Daegu Cho, Hyang-In Jang, Soungwook Hong, and Myung Sik Lee, "Prototype Development for BIM based Thermal Insulation and Condensation Performance Evaluation of Apartment Housings", Architectural Research, Vol. 17, No. 2, 2015.
- 오세민, 김용진, 박철수, 김인한, "BIM 기반 시뮬레이션 모델의 상호운용성을 이용한 건물 에너지 성능평가", 대한건축학회 논문집:계획계, Vol. 27, No. 6, 2011.6 // (Se-Min Oh, Yong-Jin Kim, Cheol-Soo Park, In-Han Kim, "Building Energy Performance Assessment using Interoperability of BIM-based Simulation Model", Journal of Architectural Institute of Korea, Vol. 27, No. 6, 2011)
- 유정호, 김가람, "BIM과 연계된 에너지분석 시스템의 국내 적용 현황", 건설관리 학술지, Vol. 13, No. 3, 2012 // (Jeong-ho Yoo, Ka-ram Kim, "Domestic Application of BIM-bsaed Building Energy Analysis Tools", KICEM, Vo1. 13, No. 3, 2012)
- U.S. Department of Energy (U.S. DOE). Best Direction Building Energy Software Tools, 2015.
- T. Maile, M. Fischer, V. Bazjanac, "Building energy performance simulation tools-a life-cycle and interoperable perspective", Center for Integarted Facility Engineering (CIFE) Working Paper 107, 2007.
- D. B. Crawley, J. W. Hand, M. Kummert, B.T. Griffith, "Contrasting the capabilities of building energy performance simulation programs", Building and Environment Journal, Vol. 43, 2008.
- S. Attia, "State of the Art of Existing Early Design Simulation Tools for Net Zero Energy Buildings: A Comparison of Ten Tolls." Technical report. Louvain La Veuve, Belgium, 2011.
- E. Gratia, de A. Herde, "A Simple Design Tool for the Thermal Study of an Office Buildings", Energy and Buildings, Vol. 34, 2002.
- S. Punjabi, V. Miranda, "Development of an Integrated Building Design Information Interface", Proceedings of IBPSA '05 Building Simulation Conference, 2005.
- J. Clarke, "Energy Simulation in Building Design", Oxford, UK: Butterworth Heinemann, 2001.
- F. C. Winkelman, B. E. Birsdall, W. F. Buhl, K. L. Ellington, A. E. Erdem, J. J. Hirsch, S. Gates, "DOE-2 supplement, version 2.1E", Technical Report, Report No. LBN-34947, Lawrence Berkely National Laboratory, Berkely, CA, 1993.
- M. Wetter, "Modelica-based Modeling and Simulation to support Research and Development in Building Energy and Control Systems." Journal of Building Performance Simulation, Vol. 2, No. 2, 2009.
- J. Good, A. Frisque, D. Phillips, "The Role of Wind in Natural Ventilation Simulations using Airflow Network Models." Proceedings of the third national conference of IPSA-USA, Berkeley, CA. 2008.
- DesignBuilder Software, "DesignBuilder - Building Design, Simulation and Visualization - Building Simulation ... Made Easy", 2015.
- Integrated Environmental Solutions", 2015.
- A. Aksamija, "Analysis and Computation: Sustainable Design in Practice", Design Principles and Practices: An International Journal, Vol. 4, No. 4, 2010.
- C. M. Eastman, P. Teicholz, R. Sacks, K. Liston, "BIM Handbook: A Guide to Buildilng Information Modeling for Owners, Managers, Designers, Engineers and Contractors", Hoboken, NJ: Wiley, 2008.
- G. Lee, R. Sacks, C. M. Eastman, "Specifying Parametric Building Object Behavior (BOB) for a Building Information Modeling System", Automation in Construction, Vol. 15, No. 6, 2006.
- General Services Administration, "3D-4D Building Information Modeling", 2015.
- V. Bazjanac, "IFC BIM-Based Methodology for Semi-Automated Building Energy Performance Simulation", Berkeley, CA, 2008.
- M. Wetter, "Modelica-based Modeling and Simulation to Support Research and Development in Building Energy and Control System", Journal of Building Performance Simulation. Vol. 2, No. 2, 2009.
- P. Fritzson, "Principle of Object-Oriented Modeling and Simulation with Modelica 2.1", Piscataway, NJ:IEEE Press, 2010.
- P. Fritzson, P. Bunus, "Modelica - A General Object-Oriented Language for Continuous and Discrete-Event System Modeling and Simulation", Proceedings of the 35th annual simulation symposium, San Diego, California, Vol. 35, 2002.
- M. Wetter, "Modelica Buildings library", Journal of Building Performance Simulation. Vol. 7, No. 4, 2014.
- National Institute of Standards and Technology(NIST), "FIPS Publication 183: Integration Definition of Function Modeling(IDEF0)", Gaithersburg, MD, 1993.
- Judkoff, R., J. Neymark, "International Energy Agency Building Energy Simulation Test (bestest) and Diagnostic Method." NREL/TP-472-6231. National Renewable Energy Lab., Golden, CO, 1995.
- Pedersen, C. O., R. J. Liesen, R. K. Strand, D. E. Fisher, "A Toolkit for Building Load Calculations", Atlanta, GA: American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers, Inc., 2001.
- ASHRAE, "ASHRAE Standard. Standard Method of Test for the Evaluation of Building Energy Analysis Computer Programs (ANSI/ASHRAE Standard 140-2007)", Atlanta, GA: American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers, 2010.
- Nouidui, T. S., M. Wetter, W. Zuo., "Validation and Application of the Room Model of the Modelica Buildings Library." Proceedings of the ninth international Modelica conference, Munich, Germany, September. Modelica Association., 2012.
연구 과제 주관 기관 : National Research Foundation of Korea(NRF)