- Volume 19 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Probabilistic Risk Assessment of Coastal Structures using LHS-based Reliability Analysis Method
LHS기반 신뢰성해석 기법을 이용한 해안구조물의 확률론적 위험도평가
- Received : 2015.07.15
- Accepted : 2015.09.02
- Published : 2015.11.01
An efficient and practical reliability evaluation method is proposed for the coastal structures in this paper. It is capable of evaluating reliability of real complicated coastal structures considering uncertainties in various sources of design parameters, such as wave and current loads, resistance-related design variables including Young's modulus and compressive strength of the reinforced concrete, soil parameters, and boundary conditions. It is developed by intelligently integrating the Latin Hypercube sampling (LHS), Monte Carlo simulation (MCS) and the finite element method (FEM). The LHS-based MCS is used to significantly reduce the computational effort by limiting the number of simulation cycles required for the reliability evaluation. The applicability and efficiency of the proposed method were verified using a caisson-type breakwater structure in the numerical example.
Coastal structures;Reliability analysis;Latin Hypercube sampling;Uncertainty;Random variables
- AASHTO (2007), AASHTO LRFD Bridge Design Specifications, 4th Ed.
- AISC (2010), Steel Construction Manual, 14th edition, American Institute of Steel Construction.
- Haldar, A. and Mahadevan, S. (2000), Probability, Reliability and Statistical Methods in Engineering Design, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY.
- Huh, J., Park, O-J., Kim, Y. S., and Hur, D. S. (2010a), Reliability Analysis of a Quay Wall Constructed on the Deep-Cement-Mixed Ground(Part I: External Stability of the Improved Soil System), Journal of Korean Society of Coastal and Ocean Engineers, 22(2), pp. 79-87.
- Huh, J., Park, O-J., Kim, Y. S., and Hur, D. S. (2010b), Reliability Analysis of a Quay Wall Constructed on the Deep-Cement-Mixed Ground(Part II: Internal Stability of the Improved Soil System), Journal of Korean Society of Coastal and Ocean Engineers, 22(2), pp. 88-94.
- Huh, J. and Haldar, A. (2001), Stochastic Finite-Element-Based Seismic Risk of Nonlinear Structures, Journal of Structural Engineering, ASCE, 127(3), pp. 323-329. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9445(2001)127:3(323)
- Jung, H.-W., Huh J., An, S.-W., and Lee, J.-H. (2012), Probabilistic Structural Safety Assessment of Quay Walls using LHS-based Reliability Analysis Method, Proceeding of 2012 KAOSTS Annual Conference, 1, pp. 1541-1545.
- Kim, D. H. and Yoon, G. L. (2009), Application of Importance Sampling to Reliability Analysis of Caisson Quay Wall, Journal of Korean Society of Coastal and Ocean Engineers, 21(5), pp. 405-409.
- Kim, S. R. and Park, C. M. (2003), Settlement prediction in the New Pusan Port Project Site (Design stage), Proc. Korea-Japan Joint Workshop, Characterization of Thick Clay Deposits, Reclamation and Port Construction, pp. 195-209.
- Lee, C-E. (2008), Reliability Analysis and Evaluation of Partial Safety Factors for Wave Run-up, Journal of Korean Society of Coastal and Ocean Engineers, 20(4), pp. 355-362.
- Melchers, R. (2001), Structural Reliability Analysis and Prediction, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY.
- Nagao, T. (2001), Reliability based design method for caisson type quay wall, Research report of National Institute for land and infrastructure management.
- Olsson, A. and Sandberg, G. (2002), Latin Hypercube Sampling for Stochastic Finite Element Analysis, Journal of Engineering Mechanics, 128(1), pp. 121-125. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9399(2002)128:1(121)
- Oumeraci, H., Kortenhaus, A., Allsop, W., de Groot, M., Crouch, R., Vrijling, H., and Voortman, H. (2001), Probabilistic Design Tools for Vertical Breakwaters, Balkema Publishers, New York.
- PIANC, W.G. (2003), Breakwaters with vertical and inclined concrete walls, Report, Maritime Navigation Commission (MarCom).
- Yang, I.-H. (2006), Uncertainty Analysis of Concrete Structures Using Modified Latin Hypercube Sampling Method, International Journal of Concrete Structures and Materials, 18(2E), pp. 89-95. https://doi.org/10.4334/IJCSM.2006.18.2E.089
- Reliability Analysis of the Long Caisson Breakwater Considering to the Wave Force Reduction Parameter vol.29, pp.2, 2017, https://doi.org/10.9765/KSCOE.2017.29.2.121
Grant : 에너지기반시설의 연계해석기술 사업팀