- Volume 19 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Evaluation of Structural Behavior and Moment of Inertia on Modular Slabs Subjected to Cyclic Loading
반복하중을 받는 모듈러 슬래브의 거동 및 단면2차모멘트 평가
- Received : 2015.03.10
- Accepted : 2015.10.22
- Published : 2015.11.01
Recently, the maintenance activity for aging of bridge structures was difficult because of traffic jam, environment pollution and increasing cost. And to solve these problems, modular bridge research has been studied. After static and cyclic loading test was conducted for serviceability and bending performance with one way slab, effective moment of inertia of modular specimen was analyzed to estimate the deflection by KCI(2012). To conduct the test, one integral slab and three modular slabs were made for static loading and one integral and modular slab were made for cyclic. As a result of the test, the modular slab had the similar bending performance of the integral. But the ultimate deflection showed the insufficient which was smaller than 20%. In the cyclic loading test, the modular slab has different behavior of deflection with the integral, so it was evaluated difficult for serviceability. In addition, effective moment of inertia by KCI(2012) was not estimated for modular slab with connection. The new value of m which was ratio between moments is 4.53 based on result of test for predicting deflection of modular.
Modular bridge;Modular slab;Deflection;Moment of inertia;Cyclic loading
- ASCE (2013), 2013 Report Card for America's Infrastructure
- FHWA (2011), Accelerated Bridge Construction Manual
- Issa, M. and Abdalla, H. (2007), Structural Behavior of Single Key Joints in Precast Concrete Segmental Bridges, J. Bridge Eng., 12(3), 315-324 https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)1084-0702(2007)12:3(315)
- Shah, B., Sennah, K., Kianoush, M., Tu, S., and Lam, C. (2007), Experimental Study on Prefabricaated Concrete Bridge Girderto-Girder Intermittent Bolted Connections System, J. Bridge Eng., 12(5), 570-584 https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)1084-0702(2007)12:5(570)
- Zhu, P. Ma, Z., Cao, Q., and French, C., (2012), Fatigue Evaluation of Transverse U-Bar Joint Details for Accelerated Bridge Construction, J. Bridge Eng., 17(2), 191-200 https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)BE.1943-5592.0000257
- Lee, Y. H., Kim, M. S., Jung, B. N., Kim, H. C., and Kim, K. S., (2009), Experimental Study on Structural Behavior of Joints for Precast Concrete Segment, Journal of the Earthquake Engineering Society of Korea, 13(6), 59-65
- Shin, H. S., Lee, C. H., and Park, K. T., (2012), An Experimental Study on Bending Behavior of Steel Grid Composite Deck Joint, Journal of The Korea Institute for Structural Maintenance and Inspection, 16(5), 68-77 https://doi.org/10.11112/jksmi.2012.16.5.068
- Branson, D. E., (1963/1965), Instantaneous and Time-Dependent Deflection of Simple and Continous Reinforced Concrete Beams, HPR Report, Alabama Highway Department/U.S. Bureau of public Roads, 7(1), 78-
- Al-Zaid R. Z., and Al-Shaikh A. H., and Abu-Hussein, M., M. (1991), Effect of Loading Type on the Effective Moment of Inertia of Reinforced Concrete Beams, ACI Structural Journal, 88(2), 184-190
- Al-Shaikh A. H., and Al-Zaid R. Z. (1993), Effective of Reinforcement Ratio on the Effective moment of Inertia of Reinforced Concrete Beams, ACI Structural journal, 65(9), 144-149
- Kim, W., Lee, K. Y., and Jung, S. H., (2002), Dflection in High-Strength Concrete Flexural Members, Journal of the Korean Society of Civil Engineers, 22(3-a), 631-640
- Kang, J. O., Kim, K. S., Lee, D. H., (2010), Correlation Between Crack Widths and Deflection in Reinforced Concrete Beams, Journal of The Korea Institute for Structural Maintenance and Inspection, 14(2), 184-192
- Kim, D. H, (2014) An Experimental Study on Behavior of Top Flange for a modular T Girder Concrete Bridge, master thesis, Sungkyunkwan Univ.
- Korea Concrete Institute (2012), Concrete Structure Design Code.
- Korea Road Association (2010), Korea Highway Bridge Code
- Korea Institute of Industrial Technology Evaluation and Planing (2012), Modular bridge technology development and commercialization mid report, Modular Bridge R& BD.
- Park, J. H, (2015), A Study on the Curvature of Flexural Members with Connection in Cyclic Load, master thesis, Sungkyunkwan Univ.
- A Study on the Design of the Top Flange of a Modular T-Girder Bridge Using the Limit State Design Method vol.6, pp.12, 2016, https://doi.org/10.3390/app6120381
- An Experimental and Analytical Study on the Deflection Behavior of Precast Concrete Beams with Joints vol.7, pp.11, 2017, https://doi.org/10.3390/app7111198
Supported by : 국토해양부