- Volume 37 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Evaluation of Correlation between Chlorophyll-a and Multiple Parameters by Multiple Linear Regression Analysis
다중회귀분석을 이용한 낙동강 하류의 Chlorophyll-a 농도와 복합 영향인자들의 상관관계 분석
- Received : 2015.03.23
- Accepted : 2015.05.11
- Published : 2015.05.31
In this study, Chlorophyll-a (chl-a) prediction model and multiple parameters affecting algae occurrence in Mulgeum site were evaluated by statistical analysis using water quality, hydraulic and climate data at Mulgeum site (1998~2008). Before the analysis, control chart method and effect period of typhoon were adopted for improving reliability of the data. After data preprocessing step two methods were used in this study. In method 1, chl-a prediction model was developed using preprocessed data. Another model was developed by Method 2 using significant parameters affecting chl-a after data preprocessing step. As a result of correlation analysis, water temperature, pH, DO, BOD, COD, T-N,
Nakdong River;Chl-a;Multiple parameters;Data Preprocessing;Multivariate Statistics
- Lee, C. S., Ahn, C. Y., La, H. J., Lee, S. H. and Oh, H. M., "Technical and Strategic Approach for the Control of cyanobacterial Bloom in Fresh Waters," Korean J. Environ. Biol., 31(4), 232-242(2013).
- Kim, H. B., Park, H. K., Shin, K. D. and Moon, J. S., "The Characteristics of Toxin Production in the Korean Toxic Cyanobacteria," J. Korean Soc. Water Qual., 26(5), 834-840(2010).
- Lee, K. L., Jheong, W. H., Kim, J. M., Kim, Y. S., Choi, H. J. and Kim, H. S., "Seaonal Variations of cyanobacterial Toxins (microcystins) in Yeongchun Reservoir," Korean J. Limnol., 41(2), 264-274(2008).
- Nakdong River Basin Environmental Office, "Analysis of hydraulic characteristics and development of hydraulic modeling technology for total water pollution management for the Nakdong river," Final report(2006).
- Park, H. K., "Survey Method relating Freshwater Phytoplankton for the Management of Water Resources," J. Korean Soc. Environ. Eng. Special Feature, 29(6), 593-609(2012).
- Joung, S. H., Park, H. K., Lee, H. J. and Lee, S. H., "Effect of Climate Change for Diatom Bloom at Winter and Spring Season in Mulgeum Station of the Nakdong River, South Kroea," J. Korean Soc. Water Environ., 29(2), 155-164(2013).
- Son, H. J., "Long-Term Variations of Phytoplankton Biomass and Water Quality in the Downstream of Nakdong River," J. Korean Soc. Environ. Eng., 35(4), 263-267(2013). https://doi.org/10.4491/KSEE.2013.35.4.263
- Chung, J. M., Choi, C. M. and Moon, S. G., "The Structure of Phytoplankton community in the Middle-Lower Part of the Naktong River," J. Korean Environ. Sci. Soc., 10(1), 41-45(2001).
- Cho, K. H., Kang, J. H., Ki, S. J., Park, Y. E., Cha, S. M. and Kim, J. H., "Determination of the optimal parameters in regression models for the prediction of Chlorophyll-a : A case study of the Yeongsan Reservoir, Korea," Sci. Total Environ., 407, 2536-2545(2009). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.scitotenv.2009.01.017
- Hwang, D. J., Lee, H. J., Yoon, J. S., Heo, S. N., Im, T. H., Kwon, Y. H., Shin, C. K. and Kim, H. W., "Study on Ecological Characteristic of Algal Species Forming Bloom during Spring-Winter Season in the Nakdong River(II)," Nakdong River Environment Research Center and Sunchon national University(2007).
- Son, H. J., "Changes of Dominaat Phytoplankton community in Downstream of the Nakdong River: From 2002 to 2012," J. Korean Soc. Environ. Eng., 35(4), 283-293(2013). https://doi.org/10.4491/KSEE.2013.35.4.283
- Kim, J. A., Kim, G. A., Yun, C. J., Park, H. G., Jung, E. Y., Cha, D. J., Choi, J. T. and Son, H. J., "A study on the Correlation between Odorous Compounds, Actinomycetes and Algae in Drinking Water Source of Nakdong River," J. Korean Soc. Environ. Eng., 35(3), 213-219(2013). https://doi.org/10.4491/KSEE.2013.35.3.213
- Cao, C., Zheng, B., Chen, Z., Huang, M., Zhang, J., "Eutrophication and algal blooms in channel type reservoirs : A novel enclosure experement by changing light intensity," J. Environ. Sci., 23(10), 1660-1670(2011). https://doi.org/10.1016/S1001-0742(10)60587-6
- David, M. B., "Suspended chlorophyll in the River Nene, a small nutrient-rich in eastern England: long-term and spatial trends," Sci. Total Environ., 251/252, 401-421(2000). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0048-9697(00)00419-8
- Cao, C., Zheng, B., Chen, Z., Huang, M. and Zhang, J., "Eutrophication and algal blooms in channel type reservoirs: A novel enclosure experiment by changing light intensity," J. Environ. Sci., 23(10), 1660-1670(2011). https://doi.org/10.1016/S1001-0742(10)60587-6
- Neal, C., Hilton, J., Andrew, J. W., Neal, M. and Wickham, H., "Chlorophyll-a in the rivers of eastern England," Sci. Total Environ., 365, 84-104(2006). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.scitotenv.2006.02.039
- Jeong, Y. H., Kim, H. S. and Yang, J. S., "Statistical Analyses of Long-Term water quality variation in the Geumgang-Reservoir; Focused on the TP Load by Migrating Birds Excrement," J. Korean Soc. Mar. Environ. Eng., 13(4), 223-233(2010).
- Yim, S. B., Kim, S. K., Seo, Y. S. and Park, S. H., "A study on Convergency of Tunnel Displacement using Control Chart Method," J. Eng. Geol., 17(2), 197-204(2007).
- Huang, W., Mukherjee, D. and Chen, S., "Assessment of Hurricane Ivan impact on chlorophyll-a in Pensacola Bay by MODIS 250 m remote sensing," Mar. Pollut. Bullet., 62, 490-498(2011). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.marpolbul.2010.12.010
- Rho, H. J., "Theory and Practice of Multivariate analysis by Excel and SPSS," pp. 244-261(2005).
- Seo, J. K., Lee, H. K. and Chung, I. K., "The Community Dynamics of Microbial Food Web during Algal Bloom by Stephanodiscus spp. in Downstream of Nakdong River," Korean J. Environ. Biol., 28(3), 172-178(2010).
- Cho, K. J. and Shin, J. K., "Persistent Blooms of Diatoms Stephanodiscus Hantzschii F. Tenuis and S. Parvus in the Naktong River," Korean J. Phycol., 10, 91-96(1995).
- Linda, E., Graham, James M. G. and Lee, W. W., ALGAE 2nd editioin(2009).
- Zheng, B. H., Cao, C. J., Qin, Y. W. and Huang, M. S., "Analysis of nitrogen distribution characters and their sources of the major input rivers of three gorges reservoir," Environ. Sci., 29(1), 1-6(2008).
- Hein, M.. "Inorganic carbon limitation of photosynthesis in lake phytoplankton," Fresh Water Biol., 37, 545-552(1997). https://doi.org/10.1046/j.1365-2427.1997.00180.x
- Guoqi, H., Zhimin, M. and Nancy, C., "Hurricane Igor impacts on the stratification and phytoplankton bloom over the Grand Banks," J. Mar. Systems, 100-101, 19-25(2012). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jmarsys.2012.03.012
- Analysis of Water Quality factor and Correlation between Water Quality and Chl-a in Middle and Downstream Weir Section of Nakdong River vol.39, pp.2, 2017, https://doi.org/10.4491/KSEE.2017.39.2.89
- Spatiotemporal and Longitudinal Variability of Hydro-meteorology, Basic Water Quality and Dominant Algal Assemblages in the Eight Weir Pools of Regulated River (Nakdong) vol.51, pp.4, 2018, https://doi.org/10.11614/KSL.2018.51.4.268
- A Study on the Origin of Organic Matter in Seawater in Korean Estuaries Using Chemical Oxygen Demand vol.24, pp.6, 2018, https://doi.org/10.7837/kosomes.2018.24.6.735
Supported by : 환경부, 한국연구재단