- Volume 37 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Evaluation of Contamination Level of the Sediments from Chusori and Chudong Areas in Daechung Reservoir
대청호 추소 및 추동 수역 퇴적물의 오염도 평가
- Received : 2014.12.15
- Accepted : 2015.05.18
- Published : 2015.05.31
In order to analyze the contamination level of sediment samples taken from Chusori and Chudong areas in Daechung Reservoir, the particle size and concentrations of organics and nutrients were analyzed and phosphorus fractionation analysis was conducted. The average fraction of silt-sized particles was 92% in the sediments taken from Chudong area and Chusori area at the site adjacent to main current, which was higher than that from the upper Chusori area. The concentrations of total phosphorus in the sediments at Chusori and Chudong area were 999 (
Daechung Reservoir;Sediment;Phosphorus Fractionation;Internal Loading
- Park, H. K., "Survey method relating freshwater phytoplankton for the management of water resources," J. Korean Soc. Environ. Eng., 29(6), 593-609(2007).
- Oh, K. H., Jeong, D. H., Shin, S. H. and Cho, Y. C., "Simultaneous quantification of cyanobacteria and Microcystis spp. using real-time PCR," J. Microbiol. Biotechnol., 22(2), 248-255(2012). https://doi.org/10.4014/jmb.1109.09051
- Lee, Y. S. and Lee, K. S., "A study on release characteristics of sediment and its impacts on water quality in Daechung Dam Reservoir," Korean Sci. Environ. Impact Assessment, 9(2), 99-107(2000).
- Kim, D. H., "A study on the measurement of nutrients release from sediment," J. Environ. Sci., 11(12), 1333-1337(2002).
- Cho, Y. C. and Chung, S. W., "Sediment release rate of nutrients from Namyang Reservoir," J. Korean Soc. Environ. Eng., 29(12), 1345-1352(2007).
- Park, D. K., Maeng, J., Ahn, C. Y., Chung, A. S., Lee, J. H. and Oh, H. M., "Geomin concentration and its relation to environmental factors in Daechung Reservoir, Korea," Korean J. Limnol., 34(4), 319-326(2001).
- Oh, K. H., Jeong, D. H. and Cho, Y. C., "Quantification of toxigenic Microcystis spp. in freshwaters by quantitative realtime PCR based on the microcystin synthetase A gene," J. Microbiol., 51(1), 18-24(2013). https://doi.org/10.1007/s12275-013-2354-z
- Jeong, D. H., Lee, J., Kim, K., Lee, D., Hong, S., Yoon, J., Hong, S. and Kim, T., "A study on the management and improvement of alert system according to algal bloom in the Daecheong Reservoir," J. Environ. Impact Assessment, 20(6), 915-925(2011).
- Oh, K. H., Jeong, D. H., Yang, S. Y., Jeon, T. W. and Cho, Y. C., "Effects of submerged aerator on the growth of algae in Daechung Reservoir." J. Korean Soc. Environ. Eng., 35(4), 268-275(2013). https://doi.org/10.4491/KSEE.2013.35.4.268
- Geum River Watershed Management Committee, "A study on control measures of algal bloom for management of water quality in the Daechung and Boryeong Reservoirs," (2012).
- Chae, M. H., Yu, S. J., Hwang, J. Y., Cheon, S. U. and Lee, J. H., "Mitigation of algal bloom in Daecheong Reservoir by considering tributary inflow character," Proceeding of the 2006 Autumn Joint Conference of KSWW and KSWE, Daegu, pp. 509-514(2006).
- Chung, S. W. and Lee, H. S., "Analysis of Microcystis bloom in Daecheong Reservoir using ELCOM-CAEDYM," J. Korean Soc. Water Qual., 27(1), 73-87(2011).
- Kwon, Y. H., Han, S. I. and Lee, J. B., "Pollution loadings in DaeChungHo watershed," J. Korean Soc. Water Wastewater, 16(5), 581-595(2002).
- National Institute of Environmental Research, "Occurrence of harmful cyanobacteria, algal toxins and malodorous compounds in the Daechung reservoir," (2013).
- Geum River Environmental Research Center, National Institute of Environmental Research, "Water quality and phytoplankton development in the Daecheong Reservoir," (2007).
- Hedley, M. J., Stewart, J. W. B. and Chauhan, B. S., "Changes in inorganic and organic soil phosphorus fractions induced by cultivation practices and by laboratory incubations," Soil Sci. Soc. Am. J., 46, 970-976(1982). https://doi.org/10.2136/sssaj1982.03615995004600050017x
- Leytem, A. and Kpomblekou-A, K., "Total phosphorus in soil," In Methods of Phosphorus Analysis for Soils, Sediments, Residuals, and Waters, 2nd Ed, Kovar, J. L. and Pierzynski, G. M. (Eds), Virginia Tech University, pp. 44-49(2009).
- Zhang, H. and Kovar, J. L., "Fractionation of soil phosphorus," In Methods of Phosphorus Analysis for Soils, Sediments, Residuals, and Waters, 2nd Ed, Kovar, J. L. and Pierzynski, G. M. (Eds), Virginia Tech University, pp. 50-60(2009).
- Yu, S. J., Hwang, J. Y. and Chae, M. H., "Estimation of particle size and humosity of sediment at small watershed in a dam reservoir," Proceeding of the 2006 Spring Joint Conference of KSWE and KSWW, Incheon, pp. 1218-1221(2006).
- Jeong, H. Y., Chung, S. W., Lee, H. S., Ryu, I. G. and Maeng, S. J., "Estimation of sediment load in Saemangeum Reservoir using modified Einstein procedure," Proceeding of the 2009 Spring Joint Conference of KSWE and KSWW, Suwon, pp. 627-628(2009).
- Shin, J. K. and Cho, K. J., "The contents of nitrogen, phosphorus, siicon nutrient and algal growth potential (AGP) in the sediment of Taechong Reservoir," Korean J. Limnol., 34(2), 106-118(2001).
- KARICO, "A study on the deriving of sediments quality guideline for reservoir dredging and the use of dredged soil,"(2005).
- Hwang, J., Chung, W. and Chung, Y., "Phosphorus and metal content in the sediments from Daecheong and Keum-River Estuary Reservoirs," J. Korean Soc. Environ. Anal., 4(2), 85-91(2001).
- Lee, Y.-S. and Lee, K.-S., "Organic sediment distribution and release characteristics on Lake Daechung," J. Korean Soc. Environ. Eng., 26(6), 665-669(2004).
- Effect of Pollutants Control Measures in So-oak Watershed on the Control of Algae Growth in Daecheong Reservoir vol.25, pp.4, 2016, https://doi.org/10.14249/eia.2016.25.4.248
- Evaluation of the tributaries by influence index on the mid-lower portion of the Nakdong River basin vol.23, pp.2, 2017, https://doi.org/10.4491/eer.2017.067
Supported by : 충북대학교