- Volume 37 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Characteristics of Chrysotile and Amosite by Acid and Heat Treatment
산 및 열처리 과정에 따른 주요 석면의 특성변화에 관한 연구
- Lee, Jin Hyo ;
- Lee, Su Hyun ;
- Kang, Mi Hye ;
- Bae, Il Sang ;
- Kim, Ik Soo ;
- Han, Kyu Mun ;
- Eo, Soo Mi ;
- Jung, Kweon ;
- Koo, Ja Yong
- Received : 2015.05.15
- Accepted : 2015.06.26
- Published : 2015.06.30
This study is purposed to seek the characteristics of both asbestos in accordance with acid and heat treatment for chrysotile and amosite used mainly as building materials. Results of acid treatment, the refractive index, the elongation sign, the extinction of acid-treated chrysotile were mostly similar to those of untreated chrysotile regardless of pH, elapsed time. But the characteristics of acid-treated chrysotile were different from those of untreated chrysotile after 8 weeks, at pH 1.2 acidic solution. When chrysotile treated with acid, weight ratio (%) of O and Mg fluctuated greatly in accordance with acid treatment unlike Si. But the change of constituents ratio (%) was small as time passed after acid treatment. The refractive index, the elongation sign and the extinction of acid-treated amosite were mostly similar to those of untreated amosite regardless of pH, elapsed time. When amosite was treated with acid, weight ratio (%) of Fe slightly increased. But in case of O, a contrary tendency was seen. Results of heat treatment, the higher the temperature, the more increased the refractive index of chrysotile. When chrysotile was heated for 10 minutes at
Asbestos;Acid Treatment;Heat Treatment;Polarized Light Microscope (PLM);Scanning Electron Microscope (SEM)
- Korea Occupational Safety and Health Agency, "How to manage asbestos-containing building,"(2012).
- Kim, H. W., "Asbestos Content in Friable Sprayed-on Surface Material and Airborne Fiber Concentrations in Commercial Buildings," Korean Ind. Hyg. Assoc. J., 5(2), 137-146(1995).
- Oh, S. M., Shin, Y. C., Park, D. Y., Park, D. U. and Chung, K. C., "A Study on Worker Exposure Level and Variation to Asbestos in Some Asbestos Industries," Korean Ind. Hyg. Assoc. J., 3(1), 100-109(1993).
- Kim, G. Y., Kim, S. Y., Hwang, J. H. and Lee, E. Y., "Airborne Fiber Concentrations in Asbestos Removal Work by Building Materials Types," In Proceeding of the 46th Meeting of KOSAE, KOSAE, Seoul, p. 542(2008).
- Oze, C. and Solt, K., "Biodurability of chrysotile and tremolite asbestos in simulated lung and gastric fluids," Am. Mineral., 95, 825-831(2010). https://doi.org/10.2138/am.2010.3265
- Artvinii, M. and Bais, Y. I., "Malignant mesotheliomas in a small village in the Anatolian region of Turkey," An Epidemiol. Study JNCI, 63, 17-22(1979).
- Christopher, B. M., Val, V. and Brooke, T. M., "Diseases caused by asbestos: mechanisms of injury and disease development," Int. Immunopharmacol., 2, 191-200(2002). https://doi.org/10.1016/S1567-5769(01)00172-2
- Lee, J. H., Lee, S. H., Kim, J. Y., Kim, J. H., Chung, S. N., Kim, J. A., Oh, S. R., Kim, I. S., Shin, J. H., Eo, S. M., Jung, K. and Lee, J. S., "A Study on the Efficient Measurement of Airborne Asbestos Concentrations at Demolition Sites of Asbestos Containing Buildings, etc. in Seoul," J. Korean Soc. Occup. Environ. Hyg., 24(2), 113-121(2014). https://doi.org/10.15269/JKSOEH.2014.24.2.113
- Robert, P. N., Malcolm, R., Gordon, L. N., Charles, W. A., Jeffrey, P. O., Stanislav, G. D., Bertram, P. and Richard, W., "Risk Assessment for Asbestos-Related Cancer from the 9/11 Attack on the World Trade Center," J. Occup. Environ. Med., 47, 817-825(2005). https://doi.org/10.1097/01.jom.0000167273.17109.6d
- Ministry of Environment, "Official Waste Test Method,"(2011).
- Chung, Y. H. and Han J. H., "Assessment of Acid Solubility Test on Korean Asbestos by Transmission Electron Microscope Equipped with Energy Dispersive X-ray Spectrometer," J. Korean Soc. Occup. Environ. Hyg., 24(2), 146-151(2014). https://doi.org/10.15269/JKSOEH.2014.24.2.146