- Volume 29 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Optimization of distribution basin and ratio at valve opening in the water treatment process
정수공정에서 분배조 및 밸브 개도율 최적화
Cho, Youngman;Ryu, Dongchoon;Yoo, Pyungjong
- Received : 2015.09.02
- Accepted : 2015.10.05
- Published : 2015.10.15
Distribution basins are used widely in the water treatment process. Uniform distribution at the distribution basin is an important because it affect precipitation efficiency of sedimentation basin. Generally distribution basin has a free surface water and is consisted of a weir. Study result, when inflow of distribution basin is less, amount of overflow is much at the nearest weir from the inlet. But when inflow is much, amount of overflow is much at the far weir from the inlet. The difference of distribution amount at the pipe is affected by the curvature and length of the pipe. The magnitude of the effect is determined by the relative energy loss and the flow state of the distribution basin. Optimization of the response surface method for minimizing an amount of deviation of the distribution is a very useful technique to determine the optimal ratio of the valve opening.
Computational Fluid Dynamics;Distribution basin;Response surface method;Pipe
- A.G. El Samrani, B.S. Lartiges, and F. lieras (2008) Chemical coagulation of combined sewer overflow: Heavy metal removal and treatment optimization, Water Research, 42(4-5), 951-960 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.watres.2007.09.009
- Jian-Ping Wang, Yong-Zhen Chen, Xue-Wu Ge, and Han-Qing Yu (2007) Optimization of agulation-flocculation process for a paper-recycling wastewater treatment using esponse surface methodology, Colloids and Surfaces A: Physicochemical and Engineering Aspects, 302(1-3), 204-210. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.colsurfa.2007.02.023
- Shahin Ghafari, Hamidi Abdul Azizb, Mohamed Hasnain Isa, and Ali Akbar Zinatizadehd (2009) Application of response surface methodology (RSM) optimize coagulation-l flocculation treatment of leachate using poly-aluminum chloride (PAC) and alum, Journal of Hazardous aterials, 163(2-3), 650-656. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jhazmat.2008.07.090
- Yeseul Kim, jeill Oh(2015) Optimization of coagulant dosage using response surface methodology with central composite design, J. of korean society of water and wastewater, 29(2), 193-202 https://doi.org/10.11001/jksww.2015.29.2.193
- Dong-Young Lee, Jae-Min Choi, Jung-Kwang Kim, Sun-Kee Han, Chae-Young Lee(2015), Optimization of thermal alkaline pre-treatment for anaerobic digestio of flotation scum in food waste leachate using box-behnken design and response surface methodology, j. of korea society of water and wastewater, 29(2), 183-192 https://doi.org/10.11001/jksww.2015.29.2.183
- Se-Uk Jeong, Jae-Hyun Lee, Tae-Won Park, Yong Mo Kim (2014) Utilization of response surface methodology to optimize a coagulation-flocculation process for trnnel wastewater treatment, j. of korea society of water and wastewater, 28(5), 601-608 https://doi.org/10.11001/jksww.2014.28.5.601
- Gilbert M. Masters and Wendell P. Ela (2008) Introduction to Environmental Engineering and Science, Pearson Education, Inc.
- Co. Ltd. Teasung (2013) Workbench Mechanica optimization, Design of experiment and response surface 10-21
- Gil-Seong Lee (2012) Effect of CO2 injection on pH control and Coagulation in Water Treatment Plant, Changwon National University.
- Gregory S. Patience (2013) Experimental Methods and Instrumentation for Chemical Engineers, Elsevier.