- Volume 52 Issue 5
This research reports the development of a new yarn formation technology that operates on the two-for-one twisting principle, which enhances the twisting performance during the yarn formation process and maintains the standard qualities of the ring spun yarn. The spinning system comprises three components: first twisting component, second twisting component, and bobbin building component. Each operation unit is designed, manufactured, and assembled into a total system. To test the operational feasibility of the new system, two different colored filaments are delivered from the front roller of the draft bank and first twisted by means of a flyer, and second twisted by the take-up guide. The bobbin building motion is also tested. The results indicate that the new two-for-one spinning system works very well. The first and second twists are realized in the corresponding working zone. The bobbin shape is built, whereas the flyer driving torque is transferred to the bobbin. The repelling force of the magnets effectively actuated the take-up guide vertically.
two-for-one twisting;1st twisting;2nd twisting;bobbin building;flyer;take-up guide
- E. Kimmel, "Spinning", US Patent, US 401282 A (1889).
- H. Hoefer, "Apparatus for Spinning, Twisting Double Drahtgebung and Winding in One Operation of Rayon and Similar Products", German Patent, DE 441014 C (1927).
- Bianchini Ferier Fa., "Doppeldraht-Zwirspinndel", German Patent, DE 537584 C (1931).
- A. Meyer, "Doppeldraht-Zwirnspindel", German Patent, DE 577911 C (1933).
- N. Stoddard, "Textile Machine", US Patent, US 2125823 A (1938).
- J. Fiscella, J. Gannon, and P. Charles, "Apparatus for Twisting and Winding Yarns", US Patent, US 2664694 A (1954).
- L. Simon and M. Huebner, "Vorbereitungs-technik fuer die Weberei, Wirkerei und Strickerei", Springer Verlag, 1983, pp.182-189.
- Y. Huh and Ganbat T., "Two-for-One Spinning Apparatus and Spinning Method Using the Same", Korea Patent, KR-A-101470420 (2014).
연구 과제 주관 기관 : 한국연구재단