- Volume 16 Issue 15
DOI QR Code
Temporal Epidemiological Assessment of Colorectal Cancer Incidence and Mortality in East Kazakhstan, 2004-2013
- Zhabagin, Kuantkan (Semey State Medical University) ;
- Igissinov, Nurbek (Central Asia Cancer Institute) ;
- Manambayeva, Zukhra (Semey State Medical University) ;
- Adylkhanov, Tasbolat (Semey State Medical University) ;
- Sandybayev, Marat (Semey Regional Oncology Center) ;
- Nurgazin, Murat (Semey State Medical University) ;
- Massadykov, Adilzhan (Ust-Kamenogorsk City Emergency Hospital) ;
- Tanatarov, Sayat (Semey State Medical University) ;
- Aldyngurov, Daniyar (Almaty Regional Oncology Hospital) ;
- Urazalina, Nailya (Semey State Medical University) ;
- Abiltayeva, Aizhan (Semey State Medical University) ;
- Baissalbayeva, Ainoor (Semey State Medical University) ;
- Zhabagina, Almagul (Semey State Medical University) ;
- Sabitova, Dinara (Semey State Medical University) ;
- Zhumykbayeva, Nurgul (Semey Regional Oncology Center) ;
- Kenbayeva, Dinara (Astana Oncological Hospital) ;
- Rakhimbekov, Alexander (Semey State Medical University)
- Published : 2015.10.06
Colorectal cancer incidence and mortality in Kazakhstan are relatively high but exact statistics have hitherto been lacking and trends over time are unclear. The present study was therefore undertaken to retrospectively assess data for East Kazakhstan, accessed from the central registration office, for the period 2004-2013. Approximate age standardized data for incidence and mortality were generated and compared across age groups, gender and year. It was determined that during the studied period 3,417 new cases of colorectal cancer were registered and 2,259 died of this pathology. Average cancer cancer incidence and mortality over the ten years were
Colorectal cancer;incidence;mortality;trends;age dependence;East Kazakhstan
- Abdifard E, Ghaderi S, Hosseini S, Heidari M (2013). Incidence trends of colorectal cancer in the West of Iran during 2000- 2005. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 14, 1807-11. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2013.14.3.1807
- Austin H, Henley SJ, King J, Richardson LC, Eheman C (2014). Changes in colorectal cancer incidence rates in young and older adults in the United States: what does it tell us about screening. Cancer Causes Control, 25, 191-201. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10552-013-0321-y
- Dudarev A, Chupakhin V, Odland J. (2013). Cancer incidence and mortality in Chukotka, 1999-2010. Int J Circumpolar Health. 2013;72:20470
- Ferlay J, Soerjomataram I, Ervik M, et al (2012). Cancer incidence and mortality worldwide: IARC cancerbase No. 11 [Internet]. Lyon, France.
- Ferlay J, Steliarova-Foucher E, Lortet-Tieulent J, et al (2013). Cancer incidence and mortality patterns in Europe: estimates for 40 countries in 2012. Eur J Cancer, 49, 1374-403. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejca.2012.12.027
- Igissinov S, Igissinov N, Moore MA, et al (2011). Trends of prevalent cancer incidences in the Aral-Syr Darya ecological area of Kazakhstan. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 6, 37-40.
- Igissinov S, Igissinov N, Moore MA, et al (2012). Component analysis of the incidence of malignant tumors of the population of Kazakhstan from 1999 to 2010. Oncol Radiol Kazakhstan, 1, 3-8. https://doi.org/10.1007/s13566-012-0013-3
- Janakiram NB1, Rao CV (2014). The role of inflammation in colon cancer. Adv Exp Med Biol, 816, 25-52. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-0348-0837-8_2
- Joshi RK, Lee SA (2014). Obesity related adipokines and colorectal cancer: a review and meta-analysis. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 15, 397-405. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2014.15.1.397
- Jung KW, Won YJ, Kong HJ, et al (2015). Cancer statistics in Korea: incidence, mortality, survival, and prevalence in 2012. Cancer Res Treat,. doi: 10.4143/crt.2015.060. [Epub ahead of print] https://doi.org/10.4143/crt.2015.060
- Katanoda K, Matsuda T, Matsuda A, et al (2013). An updated report of the trends in cancer incidence and mortality in Japan. Jpn J Clin Oncol, 43, 492-507. https://doi.org/10.1093/jjco/hyt038
- Kutikhin AG, Yuzhalin AE, Brailovskiy VV, et al (2012). Analysis of cancer incidence and mortality in the industrial region of South-East Siberia from 1991 through 2010. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 13, 5189-93. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2012.13.10.5189
- Liu Z, Zhang Y, Franzin L, et al (2015). Trends and variations in breast and colorectal cancer incidence from 1995 to 2011: A comparative study between Texas Cancer Registry and National Cancer Institute's Surveillance, Epidemiology and End Results data. Int J Oncol, 46, 1819-26.
- Long N, Moore M, Chen W, et al (2010). Cancer epidemiology and control in North-East Asia - past, present and future. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 11 Suppl, 107-148.
- Moore MA, Eser S, Igisinov N, et al (2010). Cancer epidemiology and control in North-West Asia - past, present and future. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 11 Suppl, 17-32.
- Park HC, Shin A, Kim BW, et al (2013). Data on the characteristics and the survival of Korean patients with colorectal cancer from the Korea central cancer registry. 17. Ann Coloproctol, 29, 144-9. https://doi.org/10.3393/ac.2013.29.4.144
- Poddubnaya I, Axel E, Kipriyanova N, et al (2007). Component analysis of cancer incidence population (Yakutsk, 1990-2003). Siberian J Oncol, 2, 55-63.
- Robsahm TE, Aagnes B, Hjartaker A, et al (2013). Body mass index, physical activity, and colorectal cancer by anatomical subsites: a systematic review and meta-analysis of cohort studies. Eur J Cancer Prev, 22, 492-505 https://doi.org/10.1097/CEJ.0b013e328360f434
- Roya N, Abbas B (2013). Colorectal cancer trends in Kerman province, the largest province in Iran, with forecasting until 2016. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 14, 791-3. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2013.14.2.791
- Seydaoglu G, Ozer B, Arpaci N, Parsak CK, Eray IC (2013). Trends in colorectal cancer by subsite, age, and gender over a 15-year period in Adana, Turkey: 1993-2008. Turk J Gastroenterol, 24, 521-31. https://doi.org/10.4318/tjg.2013.0726
- Siegel R, Desantis C, Jemal A (2014). Colorectal cancer statistics, 2014. CA Cancer J Clin, 64, 104-17. https://doi.org/10.3322/caac.21220
- Shin A, Kim KZ, Jung KW, et al (2012). Increasing trend of colorectal cancer incidence in Korea, 1999-2009. Cancer Res Treat, 44, 219-26. https://doi.org/10.4143/crt.2012.44.4.219
- Somi MH, Golzari M, Farhang S, Naghashi S, Abdollahi L (2014). Gastrointestinal cancer incidence in East Azerbaijan, Iran: update on 5 year incidence and trends. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 15, 3945-9. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2014.15.9.3945
- Young JP, Win AK, Rosty C, et al (2015). Rising incidence of early-onset colorectal cancer in Australia over two decades: report and review. J Gastroenterol Hepatol, 30, 6-13.
- Zauber AG (2015). The impact of screening on colorectal cancer mortality and incidence: has it really made a difference? Dig Dis Sci, 60, 681-91. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10620-015-3600-5
- Zayeri F, Sheidaei A, Mansouri A (2015). Clustering Asian and North African countries according to trend of colon and rectum cancer mortality rates: an application of growth mixture models. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 16, 4115-21. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2015.16.9.4115
- Zhou Q, Li K, Lin GZ, et al (2015). Incidence trends and age distribution of colorectal cancer by subsite in Guangzhou, 2000-2011. Chin J Cancer, 6, 34.