- Volume 16 Issue 15
DOI QR Code
Mortality Characteristic and Prediction of Nasopharyngeal Carcinoma in China from 1991 to 2013
- Xu, Zhen-Xi ;
- Lin, Zhi-Xiong ;
- Fang, Jia-Ying ;
- Wu, Ku-Sheng ;
- Du, Pei-Ling ;
- Zeng, Yang ;
- Tang, Wen-Rui ;
- Xu, Xiao-Ling ;
- Lin, Kun
- Published : 2015.10.06
Background: To analyze the mortality distribution of nasopharyngeal carcinoma in China from 1991 to 2013, to predict the mortality in the ensuing five years, and to provide evidence for prevention and treatment of nasopharyngeal carcinoma. Materials and Methods: Mortality data for Nasopharyngeal Carcinoma in China from 1991 to 2013 were used to describe its epidemiological characteristics, such as the change of the standardized mortality rate, sex and age differences, urban-rural differences. Trend-surface analysis was used to study the geographical distribution of the mortality. Curve estimation, time series, gray modeling, and joinpoint regression were used to predict the mortality for the ensuing five years in the future. Results: In China, the standardized mortality rate of Nasopharyngeal Carcinoma increased with time from 1996, reaching the peak values of
Nasopharyngeal carcinoma;standardized mortality;geographic distribution;prediction;China
- Cao SM, Simons MJ, Qian CN (2011). The prevalence and prevention of nasopharyngeal carcinoma in China. Chin J Cancer, 30, 114-9. https://doi.org/10.5732/cjc.010.10377
- Chen CZ, Li DR, Chen ZJ, et al (2008). [Long-term efficacy of prophylactic upper neck irradiation for stage N0 nasopharyngeal carcinoma]. Ai Zheng, 27, 295-8.
- Chen JY, Liu WW (2002). Analysis of 8 years follow up information of malignant tumor in industrial system of Guangzhou. Ai Zheng, 21, 1254-8.
- China health statistics yearbook (2005). Beijing: Peking Union Medical College Publication House.
- China health statistics yearbook (2006). Beijing: Peking Union Medical College Publication House.
- China health statistics yearbook (2007). Beijng: Peking Union Medical College Publication House.
- China health statistics yearbook (2008). Beijing: Peking Union Medical College Publication House.
- China health statistics yearbook (2014). Beijing: Peking Union Medical College Publication House.
- Hao J, Chen WQ (2012). Chinese cancer registry annual report 2012, Beijing,China., Military Medical Sciences Press.
- Hao J, Zhao P, Chen WQ (2012). Chinese cancer registry annual report 2011, Beijing,China., Military Medical Sciences Press.
- Lin K, Shen W, Shen Z, et al (2002). Dietary exposure and urinary excretion of total N-nitroso compounds, nitrosamino acids and volatile nitrosamine in inhabitants of high- and low-risk areas for esophageal cancer in southern China. J Intern du Cancer, 102, 207-11. https://doi.org/10.1002/ijc.10698
- P Z, WQ C 2010. Chinese cancer registry annual report 2010, Beijing,China, Military Medical Sciences Press.
- Qiu WL, Lin PJ, Ruan FQ, et al (2013). Requests for health education from Chinese cancer patients during their recovery period: a Cross-Sectional Study. J Cancer Education, 28, 428-34. https://doi.org/10.1007/s13187-013-0482-0
- Shi X-J, Au WW, Wu K-S, et al (2014). Mortality Characteristics and Prediction of Female Breast Cancer in China from 1991 to 2011. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 15, 2785-91. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2014.15.6.2785
- Tang W-R, Fang J-Y, Wu K-S, et al (2014). Epidemiological Characteristics and Prediction of Esophageal Cancer Mortality in China from 1991 to 2012. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 15, 6929-34. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2014.15.16.6929
- Wei WI, Sham JST (2005). Nasopharyngeal carcinoma. The Lancet, 365, 2041-54. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0140-6736(05)66698-6
- Xu ZJ, Zheng RS, Zhang SW, et al (2013). Nasopharyngeal carcinoma incidence and mortality in China in 2009. Chin J Cancer, 32, 453-60. https://doi.org/10.5732/cjc.013.10118
- Yin WB, Yu ZH, Xu GZ, et al 2008. Radidtion oncology, beijing,china, peking union medical college press.
- Zhao P, Chen WQ 2009. Chinese cancer registry annual report 2008, beijing,China., Military medical sciences press.
- Nasopharyngeal carcinoma incidence and mortality in China, 2013 vol.36, pp.1, 2017, https://doi.org/10.1186/s40880-017-0257-9
- Predictive Value of [18F]ML-10 PET/CT in Early Response Evaluation of Combination Radiotherapy with Cetuximab on Nasopharyngeal Carcinoma pp.1860-2002, 2018, https://doi.org/10.1007/s11307-018-1277-9
Supported by : National Science Foundation of China