- Volume 16 Issue 15
DOI QR Code
Repairing Facial Soft Tissue Defects by Swelling Anesthesia after Tumor Resection with Narrow Pedicle Flaps
- Huang, Chun-Hui ;
- Qian, Han-Gen ;
- Zhao, Xiao-Yu ;
- Shen, Guo-Liang ;
- Lin, Wei ;
- Qi, Qiang
- Published : 2015.10.06
Aims: To investigate the role of swelling anesthesia in repairing facial soft tissue defects after tumor resection and temporal superficial artery frontal branch of narrow pedicle flap. Materials and Methods: From January 2008 to June 2008, 16 patients from Department of Ophthalmology with eye or eyelid tumors after eyeball removal of eye and part resection of surrounding soft tissue, undergoing postoperative swelling anesthesia with superficial temporal artery flap repair to prevent facial soft tissue defect formation and bone exposure, were recruited. Results: In all 16 patients facial soft tissue defect repair had good effects, with limited bleeding, and short operation times. Seven days after surgery, all flaps were in good repair. On postoperative follow-up after 3 months, flaps showed a similar appearance as with facial tissue. Conclusions: Swelling anesthesia for superficial temporoparietal artery frontal branch of narrow pedicle flap to repair soft tissue defect after facial tumor resection is feasible, and is linked with good analgesic effects, high postoperative survival of skin flaps, and good cosmetic effects.
Swelling anesthesia;narrow pedicle skin flap;tumor resection
- Cong XG, Wang AG, Zhou KJ, et al (2003). Temporal shallow artery frontal flap of applied anatomy. J Anatomy, 26, 85-6
- Hurvize KA, Kobayashi M, Evans GR (2006). Current options in head and neck reconstruction. Plast Reconstr Surg, 118, 122-33
- Vaz JA, Cote DW, Harris JR, et al (2013). Outcomes of free flap reconstruction in the elderly. Head Neck, 35, 884-8. https://doi.org/10.1002/hed.23057
- Wei Q (2009). Analysis of clinical application of tumescent anesthesia in orthopedic surgery under local anesthesia in operation. Chin Medical Innovat, 7, 88-9.
- Wang W (1999). Editor in chief, Plastic surgery. Zhejiang Science Technology Press, 938-9
- Wehage IC, Fansa H (2011). Complex reconstruction in head and cancer surgery:decision making. Head Neck, 13, 14.
- Zhang PH, Hao XG, Luo SJ, et al (2010). Repair of facial tissue defect by using a full forehead flap of superficial temporal artery. Chin J microsurgery, 33, 415-7
- Zhou QG, He B (2007). Application of local swelling technique in cosmetic surgery. Chin J Aesthet Med, 11, 1586-7
- Zhu HX, GH He, Liu ZJ (1986). The micro cut of the forehead, parietal and temporal region vessels of flap. J Anatomy, 17, 119-126