- Volume 39 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
The Suitability of the Size Classification of Dress Shirts on the Market
시판 드레스셔츠의 치수 구분 적합성
- Received : 2015.03.04
- Accepted : 2015.06.15
- Published : 2015.10.31
This study provides basic data that are helpful to prepare a sizing system for dress shirts that improves the wearer's size fitness. The 16 different parts of the dress shirts were measured for 24 pieces of dress shirts with three kinds of size (95, 100 and 105) among the eight different brands on the market. The measurement sizes of the dress shirts analyzed the accuracy of the size information, size classification by size designation, and differences of size by brand. The results of the study were: 1. The size information of dress shirts differed from customer demand. 2. The size increments between size designations differed from each other even though measurement sizes of the dress shirts increased as the size designation increase. 3. Measurement sizes of the dress shirts were different between brands even for dress shirts of the same size designation. It is necessary that manufacturers secure an accurate and standardized sizing system and provide accurate information for the measurement sizes of dress shirts on an online shopping mall.
Dress shirts;Size classification;Suitability
- Apparelnews corporation. (2012). 2012/2013 Korea fashion brand annual. Seoul: Author.
- Hwang, Y. M., & Lee, J. R. (2003). A study on the pattern and grading rule for dress shirts. Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 27(1), 48-59.
- Jang, S. E. (2008). A study on sizing system and preferable ease in a men's dress shirt for virtual mass customization system. Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 32(1), 99-109. https://doi.org/10.5850/JKSCT.2008.32.1.099
- Jang, S. E., & Jang, J. H. (2008). A study on a men's dress shirt pattern by somatotype for mass customized system. Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 32(2), 294-306. https://doi.org/10.5850/JKSCT.2008.32.2.294
- Kim, D. H., & Jang, J. A. (2012). The actual wearing conditions and preferences for domestic men's slim-fit dress shirts. Journal of the Korean Society for Clothing Industry, 14(6), 983-991. https://doi.org/10.5805/KSCI.2012.14.6.983
- Kim, K. H., & Cho, K. S. (2005). Clothing shopping orientations and purchasing practices for dress shirts of male office workers. Korean Journal of Human Ecology, 14(4), 683-692.
- Kim, K. H., & Choi, J. M. (2006). The wearing practices and subjective fabrics preferences for spring and fall dress shirts of male office workers. The Research Journal of the Costume Culture, 14(2), 299-309.
- Koo, I. S. (2006). A study on the shirt style preference and the shirt purchase attitude. Journal of Fashion Business, 10(2), 40-59.
- Korea Consumer Agency. (2006, November). 오픈마켓의류의 상품정보 신뢰성 확인시험 [Reliability test of openmarket clothing information]. Korea Consumer Agency. Retrieved December 30, 2014, from http://www.kca.go.kr/brd/m_46/view.do?seq=70&srchFr=&srchTo=&srchWord=&srchTp=0&itm_seq_1=2&itm_seq_2=0&multi_itm_seq=0&company_cd=&company_nm=&pitem=10&srchword2=&srchPubDtFr=2006&srchPubDtTo=2006&page=1
- Korean Agency for Technology and Standards. (2014). KS K 0050 Sizing systems for male adult's garments. Korean Standards & Certifications. Retrieved January 30, 2015, from https://standard.go.kr/KSCI/standardIntro/getStandardSearchView.do
- Lee, J. Y. (2011). A study on the perceived size related risk and clothing behaviors according to perceived body characteristics and satisfaction with body characteristics-Focus on internet fashion consumers-. Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 35(5), 575-586. https://doi.org/10.5850/JKSCT.2011.35.5.575
- Lim, H. W., & Sohn, H. S. (2000). A research on the consumer's actual condition for men's dress shirt I. Journal of Fashion Business, 4(4), 135-151.
- Oh, G. E. (2012, February 16). 올 봄에는 슬림핏 아이템을 입자! [Let's wear slim fit items this spring!]. bntNews. Retrieved August 30, 2014, from http://bntnews.hankyung.com/apps/news?popup=0&nid=02&c1=02&c2=02&c3=00&nkey=201202152335333&mode=sub_view
- Shin, K. H., & Suh, C. Y. (2011). A survey on the brand school uniforms for high school girl's and comparative analysis on their size system of brand uniform. Journal of the Korean Home Economics Association, 49(10), 49-56.
- Survey on the Wearing and Fit of Dress Shirts for Middle-Aged Men-Focused on Difference according to Stature Group vol.20, pp.6, 2018, https://doi.org/10.5805/SFTI.2018.20.6.679
- Survey on the Brand of Online Custom Dress Shirts and Analysis of the Sizing System vol.20, pp.5, 2018, https://doi.org/10.5805/SFTI.2018.20.5.556