- Volume 39 Issue 5
This study examined the e-WOM acception and transmission motive of Chinese online fashion product shoppers in their 20s and analyzed the effect of acception and transmission motive factors on acception and transmission behavior. This study investigated the effect of acception and transmission behaviors on purchase satisfaction. Analysis was conducted with data collected from 373 Chinese individuals in their 20s. Data were analyzed with factorial analysis, ANOVA, multiple regression analysis, chi-square test, paired t-test, and Cronbach's
e-WOM acceptance motive;e-WOM transmission motive;e-WOM acceptance behavior;e-WOM transmission behavior;Purchase satisfaction
- China apparel market 2014. (2015, February 4). SAMSUNGDESIGNNET. Retrieved June 29, 2015, from http://www.samsungdesign.net/ChinaInfo/IssueReport/content.asp?an=40008&glChk=G&block=0&page=1&cnt=9
- Dichter, E. (1966). How word-of-mouth advertising orks. Harvard Business Review, 44(6), 147-166.
- Kim, S. H., & Park, K. H. (2010). The relationships of shopping orientation, price perception, and purchase satisfaction of internet buying agent service users. Journal of the Korean Society for Clothing Industry, 12(4), 45-48.
- Kim, S. L. (2002). Study of consumer information search and satisfaction in e-commerce. Unpublished master's thesis Ewha Womans University, Seoul.
- Kim, S. R., Jo, S. K., Gao, Y., & Lee, H. H. (2014). The effect of consumer characteristics, awareness of korean fashion brands, and satisfaction with Korean fashion products on word of mouth (WOM) experiences and behavior-Focusing on Chinese students in Korea-. Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiels, 38(2), 216-230. doi:10.5850/JKSCT.2014.38.2.216 https://doi.org/10.5850/JKSCT.2014.38.2.216
- Kim, Y. G. (1993). A study on consumer information search and consumer satisfaction according to product characteristics. Journal of Korean Home Management Association, 11(1), 12-21.
- Lee, E. J., & Hong, B. S. (2006). The effect of service quality estimation and perceived risk on purchase intention and satisfaction of the fashion merchandise to internet shopping malls. Journal of the Korean Economics Association, 44(5), 79-87.
- Lee, E. J., & Shim, W. S. (2007). An empirical study on WOM effects in on-line: A comparative study on market and early adopter. International Commerce and Information Review, 19(4), 63-79.
- Borgida, E., & Nisbett, R. E. (1977). The differential impact of abstract vs concrete information on decision. Journal of Applied Social Psychology, 7(3), 258-271. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1559-1816.1977.tb00750.x
- Anderson, R. D., Engledow, J. L., & Becker, H. (1979). Evaluating the relationship among attitude toward business, product satisfaction, experience and search effort. Journal of Marketing Research, 16(3), 394-400. https://doi.org/10.2307/3150714
- Baik, S. L. (2005). An exploratory study of motives toward word of mouth activities on the internet. The Korean Journal of Advertising and Public Relations, 7(1), 108-144.
- Kim, E. Y. (2010). The effect of ambivalent shopping value on online word-of-mouth and purchase behavior of fashion products. Unpublished master's thesis Konkuk University, Seoul.
- Kim, K. J., Lee, K. D., & Kim, J. W. (2007). The effect of SCM and online word of mouth of internet shopping mall on customer satisfaction: An integrative approach. The e-Business Studies, 8(1), 131-153. https://doi.org/10.15719/geba.8.2.200706.131
- Kim, S. H. (2010). Online word-of-mouth: Motivation for writing product reviews on internet shopping sites. Journal of Fashion Business, 14(2), 81-94.
- Hennig-Thurau, T., Gwinner, K. P., Walsh, G., & Gremler, D. D. (2004). Electronic word-of-mouth via consumer-opinion platforms: What motivates consumers to articulate themselves on the Internet? Journal of Interactive Marketing, 18(1), 38-52. https://doi.org/10.1002/dir.10073
- 알리바바 티몰 '한국관' 개설, 한국 기업 중국진출... 한국인인턴도 채용 '우와!' [Alibaba T-mall opened 'Korean Pavilion', Korea enterprises entered in China…Korean intern adopted 'Wow!']. (2015, May 19). MBM. Retrieved June 30, 2015, from http://mbn.mk.co.kr/pages/news/newsView.php?news_seq_no=2355596
- 중국 온라인 쇼핑 동향과 새로운 변화 [China's online shopping trends and new changes]. (2014, April). Samjong KPMG ERI. Retrieved May 26, 2015, from https://www.kpmg.com/KR/ko/IssuesAndInsights/Articles-And-Publications/ERI-Publications/IssuesMonitor/Documents/IssueMonitorChinaOnline.PDF
- Kim, C. H. (2010). A study on the online words of mouth behavior:Structual analysis of the online WOM information searching, website visit, purchase and WOM information delivery. Journal of Distribution and Management Research, 13(5), 55-75. https://doi.org/10.17961/jdmr.13.5.201012.55
- Hong, B. S. (2011). The effects of internet shopping malls attributes on purchase satisfaction, repurchase intention and word of mouth intention of fashion consumer. Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 35(4), 476-487. https://doi.org/10.5850/JKSCT.2011.35.4.476
- Hong, B. S., Lee, E. J., & Ma, H. Y. (2009). The effect of merchandise characteristics of internet fashion shopping malls on the shopping values, purchase satisfaction, and repurchase intention of female consumers. Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 33(11), 1828-1838. https://doi.org/10.5850/JKSCT.2009.33.11.1828
- Hong, H. S. (2012). Motives for reading reviews of apparel product in online stores and classification of online store shoppers. Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 36(3), 282-296. doi:10.5850/JKSCT.2012.36.3.282 https://doi.org/10.5850/JKSCT.2012.36.3.282
- Hong, H. S., & Jin, I. K. (2011). An exploratory study of important information on consumer reviews in internet shopping. Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 35(7), 761-774. https://doi.org/10.5850/JKSCT.2011.35.7.761
- Hunt, H. K. (1997). CS/D-Overview and future research direction. In H. K. Hunt (Ed.), Conceptualization and measurement of consumer satisfaction and dissatisfaction (pp. 455-488). Cambridge, MA: Marketing Science Institute.
- Jang, J. H. (2006). Qualitative study on how purchasing fashion products in online shopping mall influences on consumer's attitude toward purchasing. Unpublished master's thesis, Kookmin University, Seoul.
- Jun, J. Y. (2007). A study on online product evaluation in internet shopping malls-Focus on clothing involvement-. Unpublished master's thesis, Ewha Womans University, Seoul.
- Kang, M. O., & Lee, S. S. (1998). Consumer satisfaction according to consumer's information search element. Journal of the Korean Economics Association, 36(5), 29-46.
- Lee, I. K., & Rhee, K. C. (1992). A study on amount of information search and consumer's past-purchase satisfaction according to consumer information sources. Journal of Korean Home Management Association, 10(1), 27-42.
- Lee, S. H., & Choi, E. H. (2009). A comparison analysis of brand attitudes and brand equity on on-line postscripts. Journal of the Korean Society of Design Culture, 15(3), 300-308.
- Lee, S. J., & Shin, S. Y. (2014). The effect of purchase reviews of intermet shopping mall on benefits sought of sales promotion, fashion customer's purchase satisfaction, repurchase intention, and word-of-mouth intention. Fashion and Textiles Research Journal, 16(1), 79-90. doi:10.5805/SFTI.2014.16.1.79 https://doi.org/10.5805/SFTI.2014.16.1.79
- Maslow, A. H. (1987). Motivation and personality (3rd ed.). New York, NY: Harper & Row.
- New Retail in China. (2013, April 29). SAMSUNGDESIGNNET. Retrieved January 8, 2014, from http://www.samsungdesign.net/ChinaInfo/IndustryWatch/Retail/List.asp?an=22044&keyword=new+retail+in+china
- Nyer, P. U., & Gopinath, M. (2005). Effects of complaining versus negative word of mouth on subsequent changes in satisfaction: The role of public commitment. Psychology and Marketing, 22(12), 937-953. https://doi.org/10.1002/mar.20092
- Oberndorf, S. (2000). When is a virus a good thing? Catalog Age, 17(1), 43-44.
- Oliver, R. L. (1981). Measurement and evaluation of satisfaction process in retail setting. Journal of Retailing, 57(3), 25-48.
- Hennig-Thurau, T., & Walsh, G. (2003). Electronic word-ofmouth: Motives for and consequences of reading customer articulations on the internet. International Journal of Electronic Commerce, 8(2), 51-74.
- Song, S. J., & Hwang, J. S. (2007). The effect of online wordof-mouth on fashion involvement and internet purchase behavior. Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 31(3), 410-419. https://doi.org/10.5850/JKSCT.2007.31.3.410
- Statistical report on internet development in China. (2014, July). CNNIC. Retrieved October 14, 2015, http://www1.cnnic.cn/IDR/ReportDownloads/201411/P020141102574314897888.pdf
- Tax, S. S., Brown, S. W., & Chandrashekaran, M. (1998). Customer evaluations of service complaint experiences: Implications for relationship marketing. Journal of Marketing, 62(2), 60-76. https://doi.org/10.2307/1252161
- The growing e-commerce market in China. (2013, December 24). SAMSUNGDESIGNNET. Retrieved January 8, 2014, from http://www.samsungdesign.net/ChinaInfo/IndustryWatch/Retail/List.asp?an=22046&keyword=the+growing+e%2Dcommerce+market+in+china
- Xu, C., & Park, H. S. (2014). The effects of risk perception on e-WOM in internet shopping of Chinese consumers in their 20s. Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 38(5), 690-704. doi:10.5850/JKSCT.2014.38.5.690 https://doi.org/10.5850/JKSCT.2014.38.5.690
- Zhou, R., Lee, J. Y., & Park, J. O. (2013). Apparel purchase behaviors of Korean and Chinese consumers according to internet shopping orientation. Journal of the Korea Fashion and Consumer Design Association, 15(3), 51-67.
- 알리바바, 징동 등 잇따라 '한국관' 개설해 [Alibaba, Jingdon etc. opened 'Korean Pavilion' one after another]. (2015, May 21). Kotra globalwindow. Retrieved May 27, 2015, from http://www.globalwindow.org/gw/overmarket/GWOMAL020M.html?BBS_ID=10&MENU_CD=M10103&UPPER_MENU_CD=M10102&MENU_STEP=3&ARTICLE_ID=5028795&ARTICLE_SE=20302
- 중국 온라인쇼핑 시장현황과 히트상품 분석 [Status of China's online shopping market and selling products analysis]. (2013, July 31). Kotra globalwindow. Retrieved January 28, 2014, from http://www.globalwindow.org/gw/publishdata/GWPDIN020M.html?BBS_ID=30&MENU_CD=M10503&UPPER_MENU_CD=M10501&MENU_STEP=2&ARTICLE_ID=5005956
- 중국의 역(逆)직구족을 잡아라 [Catch the Chinese cross border e-commerce people]. (2014, September 22). SAMSUNGDESIGNNET. Retrieved June 29, 2015, from http://www.samsungdesign.net/ChinaInfo/IssueReport/content.asp?an=40008&glChk=G&block=0&page=1&cnt=9
- Park, K. Y., & Ryu, G. S. (2011). The impact of word-of-mouth transmission on communicator's affective responses: The role of word-of-mouth valence and motive. Journal of Consumer Studies, 22(4), 77-101.
- Park, S. Y., & Park, E. J. (2010). Effects of consumer innovativeness, shopping mall attributes, and satisfaction on eloyalty for fashion products. Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 34(5), 765-774. https://doi.org/10.5850/JKSCT.2010.34.5.765
- Schindler, R. M., & Bickart, B. (2005). Published word of mouth: Referable, consumer-generated information on the Internet. In C. P. Haugtvedt, K. A. Machleit, & R. F. Yalch (Eds.), Online consumer psychology: Understanding and influencing consumer behavior in the virtual world (pp. 35-61). Mahwah, NJ: Lawewnce Erlbaum Associates.
- Shin, H. K., & Hwang, J. S. (2010). The effect of fashion leadership on word of mouth communications on the internet. Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 34(8), 1242-1252. https://doi.org/10.5850/JKSCT.2010.34.8.1242
- Shin, S. W. (2005). A study on motivation of on-line word of mouth activity. Unpublished master's thesis, Ajou University, Suwon.
- Song, S. J. (2005). The effect of word-of-mouth communication of the internet on fashion goods purchase. Unpublished master's thesis, Konkuk University, Seoul.
- Segmentation of Chinese Fashion Product Consumers according to Internet Shopping Values and Their Online Word-of-Mouth and Purchase Behavior vol.18, pp.3, 2016, https://doi.org/10.5805/SFTI.2016.18.3.317