- Volume 17 Issue 5
Sustainability has been a important issue in fashion industry that reflects the modern phase of the time. More education institutions than ever before are beginning to offer specialized courses, certificates and degrees related to sustainability in fashion, and many fashion institutions are working to embed sustainability issues into the educational contents. In this study, I investigate how sustainability is being integrated into the curriculum of leading fashion institutions, corporate management activity across the world and overview the world leading educational programmes related to sustainable fashion, pulling out the unique expertise and areas of specialization for each institution. In conclusion, the sustainable fashion were still not widely promoted domestical fashion institutions compare with other foreign leading fashion institutions. This happens in fashion business as well. Korean fashion institutions have to make educational program and certificates and degrees related to sustainability because the educational program can transform domestic fashion industry to sustainable fashion leading country level.
sustainable fashion;upcycling;recycling design;CSR;fashion education
- Bae, J. Y. (2008). A study on environmentally friendly fashion design. Unpublished master's thesis, Ewha Womans University, Seoul.
- Choi, S. L., Choi, E. H., & Do, W. H. (2014). Upcycling awareness research fashion clothing goods for Korean university students. Fashion & Textile Research Journal, 16(1), 111-117. doi:10.5805/SFTI.2014.16.1.111 https://doi.org/10.5805/SFTI.2014.16.1.111
- Choi, M. S. (2012). A study on up-cycling design for resource saving and environmental improvement. Unpublished master's thesis, Hongik University, Seoul.
- 'Emma Watson for people tree'. (2010, February 5), Coolspotters. Retrieved March 22, 2015, from http://coolspotters.com.
- 'Fast Fashion'. (2012, April 9). Seoul Finance. Retrieved June 17, 2013, from http://www.seoulfn.com/news/articlePrint.html?idxno=19886
- 'FROM TRUCK TILL BAG'. (n. d.). Freitag homepage. Retrieved September 22, 2014, from http://www.freitag.ch.
- 'GRAMEEN UNIQLO'. (2011, November 29). Uniqlo blog. Retrieved September 10, 2014, from http://blog.naver.com/uniqlo
- 'Great Bags Made of Candy Wrappers'. (2010, January 15). The Girl. Retrieved July 19, 2014, from https://everydayfacts.wordpress.com
- Ha, J. S. (2011). Fashion design education in the world : Sustainable fashion design education at California college of the arts. Fashion Information and Technology, 8, 78-84.
- 'H&M conscious collection'. (n. d.). H&M homepage. Retrieved March 22, 2015, from http://about.hm.com/en/About/sustainability.html.
- Irene Fanebust Eknes. (2014, February 23). Good winter and remember the deadline of 3 March. Dynamic Views template. Retrieved March 5, 2015, from http://dh-osteroy.blogspot.kr/2014_02_01_archive.html
- Jeong, H. J. (2009). Buying behavior of eco-friendly fashion products according to eco-friendly attitude. Unpublished master's thesis, Kyunghee University, Seoul.
- Jeong, Y. R. (2012). A study of up-cycle and re-cycle in fashion goods industry by using the waste. Unpublished master's thesis, Ewha Womans University, Seoul.
- Kim, S. H. (2007). A study on the sustainable design in contemporary fashion. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Kookmin University, Seoul.
- Kim, S. H., & Lee, J. J. (2006). The concept of sustainable fashion design and the principles. Korean Society of Basic Design & Art, 7(3), 225-237.
- Kwan, J. S. (2012). Based on the perspective of sustainability, the characteristics of upcycle fashion design. Fashion & Textile Research Journal, 14(1), 13-23. doi:10.5805/KSCI.2012.14.1.013 https://doi.org/10.5805/KSCI.2012.14.1.013
- Lee, J. E., & Do, W. H. (2012). A study on up-cycle redesign using secondhand colothes. Journal of Human Ecology, 22, 111-122.
- Lee, Y. S. (2013). Developing design education program concerning sustainable fashion. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Dongduk University, Seoul.
- 'Looptworks laptop sleeve'. (n. d.). Northshorekid homepage. Retrieved March 22, 2015, from http://northshorekid.com.
- MacDonald, J. (2009). Jewellery from recycled materials. London: A&C Black.
- 'M&S launch Sustainable Fashion Lab'. (2012, April 18). LCF News. Retrieved September 10, 2014, from http://blogs.arts.ac.uk
- Palmer, A., & Clark, H. (2005). Old clothes, new looks-Second hand fashion. New York: Berg.
- 'Recycling leather wallet'. (n. d.). Eopartymeary homepage. Retrieved March 22, 2015, from http://www.mearry.com
- Sarah Ditty. (2012, May 25). Top 10 sustainable fashion programmes and courses Sourceintelligence. Retrieved September 22, 2014, from http://www.ethicalfashionforum.com
- Svia, S. (2013, July 25). Hermes' petit h arrives in Singapore. poisepolish. Retrieved March 23, 2014, from http://www.poisepolish.com
- 'Shwopping'. (2012, May 29). Slowalk. Retrieved September 20, 2014, from http://slowalk.tistory.com
- Syn, H. Y. (2011). A study on redesign for upcycling in fashion industry. Korean Society of Basic Design & Art, 12(3), 259-268.
- 'Traidmade'. (n. d.). HTaidmade homepage. Retrieved March 20, 2015, from http://www.traid.org.uk/traidremade
- 'Upcycling bags by touch4good'. (n. d.). Touch4good homepage. Retrieved March 22, 2015, from http://www.mearry.com
- Development of Modular Sustainable Fashion Education Program and Educational Video vol.67, pp.6, 2017, https://doi.org/10.7233/jksc.2017.67.6.023