- Volume 17 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Annotation Technique Development based on Apparel Attributes for Visual Apparel Search Technology
비주얼 의류 검색기술을 위한 의류 속성 기반 Annotation 기법 개발
- Received : 2015.02.04
- Accepted : 2015.08.25
- Published : 2015.10.31
Mobile (smartphone) search engine marketing is increasingly important. Accordingly, the development of visual apparel search technology to obtain easier and faster access to visual information in the apparel field is urgently needed. This study helps establish a proper classifying system for an apparel search after an analysis of search techniques for apparel search applications and existing domestic and overseas apparel sites. An annotation technique is developed in accordance with visual attributes and apparel categories based on collected data obtained by web crawling and apparel images collecting. The categorical composition of apparel is divided into wearing, image and style. The web evaluation site traces the correlations of the apparel category and apparel factors as dependent upon visual attributes. An appraisal team of 10 individuals evaluated 2860 pieces of merchandise images. Data analysis consisted of correlations between apparel, sleeve length and apparel category (based on an average analysis), and correlation between fastener and apparel category (based on an average analysis). The study results can be considered as an epoch-making mobile apparel search system that can contribute to enhancing consumer convenience since it enables an effective search of type, price, distributor, and apparel image by a mobile photographing of the wearing state.
mobile;annotation;apparel attributes;visual apparel
- Bain. (2013). Digital shopper survey. Retrieved May 4, 2014, from http://www.Bain.com.
- Choi, S. H., Park, H. S., Son, M. Y., & Jeon, Y. J. (2011). 21st Century fashion marketing. Seoul: Chang Ji Sa.
- Cisco Viaual Networking Index. (2013). Global mobile data traffic forecast update. 2012-2017.
- Compete Portable PC Shopper Study, Google. (2012, September). Retrieved May 4, 2014, from http://www.google.com.
- Investigation of the Availability State of Mobile Shopping. (2013, March). Korea DMC. Retrieved October 11, from http://www.dmcmedia.co.kr.
- Kang, G. H., Park, B. J., & Im, W. Y. (2013). Marketing display and limitation of consumer purchasing behavior AIDMA. Marketing Institute. Retrieved October 5, 2014, from http://www.msrkorea.co.kr.
- Kim, J. A. (2009). Usability evaluation of text-based search and visual search of a multidisciplinary library database. Unpublished master's thesis, Kyungki University, Seoul.
- Korea on-line Shopping Association. (2013, May). Prospect and understanding on the on-line shopping market. Retrieved October 9, 2014, from http://www.onlinead.or.kr.
- Lee, H. J. (2014). A study on purchase satisfaction and repurchase intention according to usage motivation when purchasing fashion products in social commerce. Fashion & Textile Research Journal, 16(4), 596-597. doi:10.5805/SFTI.2014.16.4.596 https://doi.org/10.5805/SFTI.2014.16.4.596
- Lee, J. Y. (2013). Prospect and domestic on-line shopping market real state-Focusing on internet mobile shopping. Broadcasting Communication Policy, 25(13), 96-108.
- Lee, S. J., Lee, K. D., Na, S. E., Jae, S. K., Jung, D. E., O, E. K., Seo, E. K., & Son, E. H. (2014). Mobile visual search: Technique and tendency of standardization. Korea Electronic Communication Institute. Retrieved October 12, 2014, from http://www.etri.re.kr.
- Mo, Y. I. (2010). A study on the development of semantic-Based visual image retrieval system. Unpublished master's thesis, Konkuk University, Seoul.
- Park, S. Y., & Park, E. J. (2013). Influence of the flow in shopping mall on consumer satisfaction through impulse purchase of fashion products. Fashion & Textile Research Journal, 15(4), 533-542. doi:10.5805/SFTI.2013.15.4.533 https://doi.org/10.5805/SFTI.2013.15.4.533
- Present State of Mobile Search Market. (2014). DMC Media. Retrieved October 9, 2014, from http://www.dmcmedia.co.kr.
Supported by : 한국전자통신연구원