- Volume 17 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
A Development of Functional Motorcycle Jacket for Quick Service Transporter
퀵서비스 운송업자를 위한 기능적 모터사이클 재킷 개발
Sohn, Jae Min;Oh, Song-Yun;Kim, Eun Kyong
- Received : 2015.07.07
- Accepted : 2015.09.17
- Published : 2015.10.31
This study aims to develop a spring/fall motorcycle jacket for quick service transporter. Depending on the results of the previous research, this study produced the tested jacket which was improved in material, pattern, and design. For the tested jacket, 100% polyester fabric excellent in strength, durability and abrasion-resistance was selected as a major material, and Cordura was used as a partial material to improve the strength and abrasion-resistance of the sleeve side lines, elbow and shoulder areas. The retro-reflection material was applied partially in order to improve visibility of the jacket in the night or in a dark place. A total of 7 pockets were composed in the jacket for the sufficient storage spaces. The functional design elements such as the 2-way zipper and the placket at the center front, the action pleats at the upper part of back armholes, the pit-zip at armpit were applied. In addition, the sleeve pattern was bent with the shape of elbow curvature in time of driving and the back length of the jacket was lengthened 4cm. As a result of the appearance assessment, there was a significant difference from the existing jacket in all items but chest size, shoulder width, cuffs circumference, and jacket hemline circumference. In motion adaptability and field activity appropriateness assessments, the assessment grade for all items was found to be commonly higher than that of the existing jacket, and thus, the tested jacket was assessed to be suitable for a motorcycle jacket design for the quick service transporters.
quick service;quick service transporter;motorcycle jacket;motorcycle wear;functional design
- Bae, H. S. (2001). Status quo analysis on the clothing practice of automaker's uniform. Journal of the Korean Home Economics Association, 39(7), 115-124.
- Choi, H. J. (1995). An ergonomic study on functional utility of movement in sleeves. Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 19(5), 826-841.
- Choi, H. S., Sohn, B. H., Do, W. H., Kim, E. K., & Kang, Y. S. (2003). Technical wear design. Seoul: Soohaksa.
- Hahm, O. S., & Jeong, H. L. (1981). An ergonomic study of the sleeve pattern according to arm movement-On expansion and contraction of the skin surface of the arm. Journal of the Korean Home Economics Association, 19(3), 21-32.
- Han, H. Y. (2004). 퀵서비스업의 실태에 관한 조사 연구 [Research on the actual condition of quick service]. 상지영서대학논문집, 24, 157-179.
- Kim, J. J. (2007). 퀵 서비스 노동자들의 상태와 조직화 문제 [Position and issue of systematization of dispatch rider]. 한국노동사회연구소, 118, 134-150.
- Kim, Y. S. (1995). A study on working clothes for industry worker: Focusing on dyeing complex worker. Unpublished master's thesis, Kookmin University, Seoul.
- 'Korea transportation safety authority, 2012's car mileage research result report'. (2013, November 11). Car TV News. Retrieved April 20, 2014, from http://blog.naver.com/cartvnews/10179682185
- 'Korea workers' compensation & welfare service, dispatch rider's 2010's experience of accident rate'. (2013, December 02). Ohmynews. Retrieved June 12, 2014, from http://www.ohmynews.com
- Oh, J. E. (2011). A study on minimizing of gaps in industrial accident compensation insurance: Focusing on motorcycle dispatch riders. The Korean Social Security Association, 27(4), 111-135.
- Park, W. M., Park, C. D., Lee, G. R., & Ra, J. E. (2002). Design process of outdoor-wear for improvement of comfort and appearance. Journal of the Korean Society of Costume, 52(8), 29-39.
- Park, Y. S. (1989). A study on the working class uniform of the firms. Unpublished master's thesis, Konkuk University, Seoul.
- Sohn, J. M., Choi, H. S., & Kim, E. K. (2015). A study of the wearing conditions of motorcycle jackets for quick service Transporter. Fashion & Textile Research Journal, 17(2), 247-257. doi:10.5805/SFTI.2015.17.2.247 https://doi.org/10.5805/SFTI.2015.17.2.247
- Watkin, S. M. (1998). CLOTHING The portable environment (H. S. Choi, Trans.). Seoul: Ewha Womans University Press. (Original work published 1987)
- '6th Investigating Business of Human Body Measurements'. (2014, October 13). Size Korea. Retrieved October 27, 2014, from http://sizekorea.kats.go.kr