- Volume 17 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
A Development of Baseball Uniforms for Social Baseball Players
사회인 야구 참여자의 야구복 개발에 관한 연구
- Received : 2015.08.13
- Accepted : 2015.10.15
- Published : 2015.10.31
This study develops baseball uniforms for amateur baseball players with excellent appearance and functional movement. This study selected a conventional baseball uniform and developed a new one for amateur baseball players with improved function and appearance based on previous research results. In case of developed baseball uniform materials, this study used polyurethane mixed fabric for the top to improve flexibility. A mesh material was used at the armpit, back, and bottom of the top, side line of pants and pockets to improve breathability. In addition, quilted material was added to the knee to improve durability and protection. For the patterns and design, this study used a gusset under the arm to assist in comfortable movement as well as reduced the length of the top and circumference of the hem to decrease unnecessary parts. For the pants, this study used a waistband gripper to avoid the top riding up, added darts behind the knees to bend comfortably, and added additional fabric inside the hem to prevent dirt. In addition, we reduced the width and length of the pants. Wearing evaluation was divided into appearance evaluation by experts and on-site-wearing test by baseball players. The wearing evaluation results for the developed baseball uniform indicated higher evaluations than a conventional baseball uniform in all sections as well as showed significant differences in all sections. The result of movement adaptability evaluation showed the highest satisfaction for 'the top does not ride up' and 'dirt do not get in'.
baseball;social baseball;baseball uniform;sports uniform
- 'A new model proposal of social baseball stadium'. (2014, October 08). Kookje newspaper. Retrieved August 03, 2015, from http://www.kookje.co.kr/news2011/asp/newsbody.asp?code=1700&key=20141009.22025194848
- 'Baseball season coming, know-how to be able to enjoy 100 times'. (2014, April 04). Hankook-ilbo. Retrieved August 03, 2015, from http://sports.news.naver.com/sports/index.nhn?category=kbo&ctg=news&mod=read&office_id=038&article_id=0002490440
- Choi, H. S., Park, J. H., Lee, K. M., Do, W. H., & Kim, E. K. (2001). Active sports-wear design. Seoul: Soohaksa.
- Hwang, H. J., Kim, H. S., Park, J. H., & Choi, K. M. (2013). Production system design of baseball uniform pants for customized mass production. Design Forum, 39, 229-240.
- 'Is there a big leaguer from social baseball team or not?'. (2015, April 22). Sports Seoul. Retrieved August 03, 2015, from http://www.sportsseoul.com/?c=v&m=n&i=202264
- Kang, H. M. (2011). Sports injuries of armature and professional baseball players. Unpublished master's thesis, Yeungnam University, Gyeongsan.
- Kang, I. A., Cho, K. M., & Jun, J. I. (2011). Design classification and development of pattern searching algorithm based on pattern design elements-with focus on automatic pattern design system for baseball uniforms manufactured under custom-MTM system-. Fashion & Textile Research Journal, 13(5), 734-742. doi:10.5805/KSCI.2011.13.5.734 https://doi.org/10.5805/KSCI.2011.13.5.734
- Kim, Y. J., Choi, H. S., & Kim, E. K. (2015). A study on the wearing conditions of social baseball uniforms. Fashion & Textile Research Journal, 17(2), 237-246. doi:10.5805/SFTI.2015.17.2.237 https://doi.org/10.5805/SFTI.2015.17.2.237
- Nah, K. W. (1989). A study on the wearing condition and functionality of the baseball uniform. Unpublished master's thesis, Konkuk University, Seoul.
- Paula J. Myers-McDevitt. (2009). Complete Guide to Size Specification and Technical Design 2nd Edition. London: Fairchild Books.