- Volume 17 Issue 5
This study analyzes the characteristics by age and type for middle aged and elderly women foot shapes aged 40-69 years. ANOVA, factor, and cluster analyzed middle aged and elderly women's foot shapes. The results of the study are as follows. First, higher age groups tended to have smaller foot lengths, ball/instep circumferences, circumferences, and ball heights with larger heel height values and higher degrees of gathering of toe 1 and toe 5 toward the feet reference axis. Second, foot lengths were 220 mm-240 mm and the ball circumference's size symbol in high frequency sections were distributed from E to EEEE in the 40s and 60s groups and from D to EEEE in the 50s group. Third, eight factors were extracted through the factor analyses of middle aged and elderly women's foot measurement items. Fourth, a cluster analyses classified the subjects into four types. Type 1 is a normal foot type with medium foot length and small ball circumference and type 2 is a long and flat foot type with a type with large foot length and ball circumference values as well as small ball height values. Type 3 is a thick foot type with a medium foot length, large ball circumference, large ball height and type 4 is a toe deformation foot type with medium foot length, small ball circumference, and a high degree of toe gathering toward the center.
middle aged and elderly women;foot shape;foot measurement;3D scan;shoes size
- Choi, K., Ko, M. K., & Chung, S. J. (2011). Middle aged women's buying behavior according to their lifestyles. Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 35(4), 385-395. https://doi.org/10.5850/JKSCT.2011.35.4.385
- Chun, J. S., & Choi, S. H. (1999). A study on foot shape of women in Korea. Journal of the Ergonomics Society of Korea, 18(1), 109-120.
- Chung, S. J. (2013). Effects of self-esteem and body satisfaction of middle-aged women on their clothing satisfaction and clothing selection criteria. Fashion & Textile Research Journal, 15(1), 84-94. doi:10.5805/SFTI.2013.15.1.084 https://doi.org/10.5805/SFTI.2013.15.1.084
- Kim, G. B. (2011). A study on the elderly women's clothing purchasing behavior according to their lifestyle. Unpublished master's thesis, Sookmyung Women's University, Seoul.
- Kim, N. S., & Do, W. H. (2014). Classification of elderly women's foot type. Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 38(3), 305-320. doi:10.5850/JKSCT.2014.38.3.305 https://doi.org/10.5850/JKSCT.2014.38.3.305
- Korean Agency for Technology and Standards. (2012). 3D body shape measurement project report of middle aged and elderly persons. Retrieved June 1, 2015, from http://sizekorea.kats.go.kr/02_data/outline.asp
- Lee, J. E., & Do, W. H. (2013). Classification of sloe types for female high school students by 2D scan data. Fashion & Textile Research Journal, 15(6), 977-984. doi:10.5805/SFTI.2013.15.6.977 https://doi.org/10.5805/SFTI.2013.15.6.977
- Lim, J. Y. (2007). Analysis of foot characteristics according to the classification of foot types of junior high school girls. Fashion & Textile Research Journal, 9(3), 319-326.
- Park, J. K., & Nam, Y. J. (2004). Characteristics of elderly women's foot shape compared with young women. Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 28(11), 1495-1506.
- Park, J. E. (2011). Classification of adult women's foot shape and their morphological characteristics by age-By using 3D foot data of Size Korea-. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Kyung Hee University, Seoul.
- Park, S. J., & Chae, H. S. (2008). Analysis on foot measurements of elderly women for ergonomics shoes design. Fashion & Textile Research Journal, 10(1), 83-91.
- Suh, C. Y., & Suk, E. Y. (2003). A study on foot shape of women. Journal of the Korean Home Economics Association, 41(6), 1-12.