- Volume 17 Issue 5
Recently, according to change of lifestyle and increase of concerning in health, needs of the smart clothing based on the vital sign monitoring have increased. Along with this trend, smart clothing for ECG monitoring has been studied various way as textile electrode, clothing design and so on. Smart clothing for ECG monitoring can become a comfortable system which enables continuous vital sign monitoring in daily use. But, smart clothing for ECG monitoring has a weakness on artifact during motion. One of the motion artifact caused by shifting of the electrode position was affected skin change by motion. The aim of this study was to suggest electrode locations for clothing of ECG monitoring to reduce of motion artifacts. Therefore, change of skin surface during the movement were measured and analyzed in order to find location to minimize motion artifacts in ECG monitoring clothing by 3D motion capture. For the experiment, the subjects consisted of 5 males and 5 females in their 20' with average physique. As a result, the optimal location for ECG monitoring was deducted under the bust line and scapula which have least motion artifact. These locations were abstracted to be least affected by movement in this research.
스마트 의류;심전도 모니터링;동작 잡음;체표 변화;센싱 위치
- Catherwood, P. A., Donnelly, N., Anderson, J., & McLaughlin, J. (2010). ECG motion artefact reduction improvements of a chestbased wireless patient monitoring system. In Computing in Cardiology (pp. 557-560). IEEE.
- Cho, G. S., Yang, Y. J., & Sung, M. S. (2008). Development and its present status of bio-monitoring smart clothing and e-textiles. Fashion & Textile Research Journal, 10(1), 1-10.
- Cho, H. K., Lee, J. H., Lee, C. K., & Lee, M. H. (2006). An exploratory research for development of design of sensor-based smart clothing-Focused on the healthcare clothing based on biomonitoring technology. Korean Journal of the Science of Emotion and Sensibility, 9(2), 141-150.
- Cho, H. K., Song, H. Y., Cho, H. S., Goo, S. M., & Lee, J. H. (2010). A study on the design of functional clothing for vital sign monitoring-based on ECG sensing clothing. Korean Journal of the Science of Emotion and Sensibility, 13(3), 467-474.
- 'Development of the smart clothing'. (2014, February 27). Nownews. from http://nownews.seoul.co.kr/news/newsView.
- Fletcher, G. F., Balady, G. J., Amsterdam, E. A., Chaitman, B., Eckel, R., Fleg, J., & Bazzarre, T. (2001). Exercise standards for testing and training a statement for healthcare professionals from the American Heart Association. Circulation, 104(14), 1694-1740. https://doi.org/10.1161/hc3901.095960
- Griffiths, A., Das, A., Fernandes, B., & Gaydecki, P. (2007). A portable system for acquiring and removing motion artefact from ECG signals. In Journal of Physics: Conference Series, 76(1), IOP Publishing.
- Han, S. A., Nam, Y. J., Yoon, H., Lee, S. H., & Kim, H. J. (2012). Development of sleeve patterns of structural firefighting protective clothing using by 3D body shape and 3D motion analysis. Fashion & Textile Research Journal, 14(1), 109-121. doi:10.5805/KSCI.2012.14.1.109 https://doi.org/10.5805/KSCI.2012.14.1.109
- Jang, S. E. (2006). Effect of fabric elasticity and body movement on performance of electrocardiogram signal monitoring clothing. Unpublished master's thesis, Yonsei University, Seoul.
- Jeong, Y. H., Kim, S. H., & Yang, Y. M. (2010). Development of tightfitting garments with a portable ECG monitor to measure vital signs. Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 34(1), 112-125. https://doi.org/10.5850/JKSCT.2010.34.1.112
- Kearney, K., Thomas, C., & McAdams, E. (2007). Quantification of motion artifact in ECG electrode design. In Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society, 2007. EMBS 2007. 29th Annual International Conference of the IEEE (pp. 1533-1536). IEEE.
- Kim, H. D., Min, C. H., & Kim, T. S. (2006). Adaptable noise reduction of ECG signals for feature extraction. Lecture Notes in Computer Science, 3973, 586-591.
- Kishimoto, Y., Kutsuna, Y., & Oguri, K. (2007). Detecting motion artifact ECG noise during sleeping by means of a tri-axis accelerometer. In Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society, 2007. EMBS 2007. 29th Annual International Conference of the IEEE (pp. 2669-2672). IEEE.
- Koo, S. M. (2008). A study on the design of re-modularized smart clothing for ECG-sensing. Unpublished master's thesis, Yonsei University, Seoul.
- Lee, Y. J., Lee, K. H., Lee, J. W., Kang, D. H., Cho, H. K., Cho, H. S., & Lee, J. H. (2008). Analysis and comparison of textile electrical characteristics in several shapes for biopotential signals. CICS : Conference on Instrumentation and Control Systems'08, 371-372.
- Liu, S. H. (2011). Motion artifact reduction in electrocardiogram using adaptive a portable system for acquiring and removing motion artefact from ECG signals filter. Journal of Medical and Biological Engineering, 31(1), 67-72. https://doi.org/10.5405/jmbe.676
- 'Motion capture system'. (2011, August 19). Dooree system. from http://www.dooreesystem.com/cafe/view.html
- 'New technology for heart rate Measurement with clothing [hitoe] by NTT DoCoMo' (2014, January 30). IT Media Online. from http://bizmakoto.jp/style/articles/1401/30/news090.html
- Park, H. J., Shin, S. C., Shon, B. H., & Hong, K. H. (2008). Improvement of ECG measurement for the elderly's U-healthcare clothing using 3D tight-fit pattern. Fashion & Textile Research Journal, 10(5), 676-682.
- Park, S. H., Cho, H. S., Yang, J. H., Yun, D. Y., Yun, K. S., & Lee, J. H. (2013). An exploration on the piezoelectric energy harvesting clothes based on the motion analysis of the extremities. Korean Journal of the Science of Emotion and Sensibility, 16(1), 85-94.
- Puurtinen, M., Viik, J., & Hyttinen, J. (2009). Best electrode locations for a small bipolar ECG device: signal strength analysis of clinical data. Annals of Biomedical Engineering, 37(2), 331-336. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10439-008-9604-y
- Such, O. (2007). Motion tolerance in wearable sensors-The challenge of motion artifact. In Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society, 2007. EMBS 2007. 29th Annual International Conference of the IEEE (pp. 1542-1545). IEEE.
- Yoon, S. W., Min, S. D., Yun, Y. H., Lee, S. P., & Lee, M. H. (2008). Adaptive motion artifacts reduction using 3-axis accelerometer in E-textile ECG measurement system. Journal of medical systems, 32(2), 101-106. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10916-007-9112-x
- A Study of Electrode Locations for Design of ECG Monitoring Smart Clothing based on Body Mapping vol.17, pp.6, 2015, https://doi.org/10.5805/SFTI.2015.17.5.844
- A Study of Sensing Locations for Self-fitness Clothing base on EMG Measurement vol.18, pp.6, 2016, https://doi.org/10.5805/SFTI.2015.17.5.844