- Volume 30 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Risk Priority Number using FMEA by the Plastic Moulding Machine
사출성형기의 고장모드 영향분석(FMEA)을 활용한 위험 우선순위
- Shin, Woonchul (Department of Safety Research, Occupational Safety and Health Research Institute, KOSHA) ;
- Chae, Jongmin (Department of Envirment & Safety, Samsung Display)
- Received : 2015.01.29
- Accepted : 2015.09.08
- Published : 2015.10.31
Plastic injection moulding machine is widely used for many industrial field. It is classified into mandatory safety certification machinery in Industrial Safety and Health Act because of its high hazard. In order to prevent industrial accidents by plastic injection moulding machine, it is necessary for designer to identify hazardous factors and assess the failure modes to mitigate them. This study tabulates the failure modes of main parts of plastic injection moulding machine and how their failure has affect on the machine being considered. Failure Mode & Effect Analysis(FMEA) method has been used to assess the hazard on plastic injection moulding machine. Risk and risk priority number(RPN) has been calculated in order to estimate the hazard of failures using severity, probability and detection. Accidents caused by plastic injection moulding machine is compared with the RPN which was estimated by main regions such as injection unit, clamping unit, hydraulic and system units to find out the most dangerous region. As the results, the order of RPN is injection unit, clamping unit, hydraulic unit and system units. Barrel is the most dangerous part in the plastic injection moulding machine.
- M. -s. Kang et al., "Design Failure Mode and Effect Anaylsis for Korean Fusion DEMO Plant", Fusion Engineering and Design, Vol. 87, pp. 412-417, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fusengdes.2011.11.007
- L. Kurt et al., "Failure Mode and Effect Analysis for Dairy Product Manufacturing: Practical Safety Improvement Action Plan with Cases from Turkey, Safety Science, Vol. 55, pp. 195-205, 2013. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ssci.2013.01.009
- K. Cicek et al., "Application of Failure Modes and Effects Analysis to Main Engine Crankcase Explosion Failure On-board Ship", Safety Science, Vol. 51, pp. 6-10, 2013 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ssci.2012.06.003
- K. -h. Shim and D. -h. Rie, "A Quantitative Risk Analysis of Related to Tower Crane using the Fmea", Journal of the Korean Society of Safety, Vol.25, No.6, pp. 34-39, 2010.
- B. -s. Kim et al., "Reliability Assessment of Machine Tools using Failure Mode Analysis Programs", Transactions of the Korean Society of Machine Tool Engineers Vol. 14 No. 1, pp. 15-23, 2005
- R. Ahmad et al., "Failure Analysis of Machinery Component by Considering External Factors and Multiple Failure Modes - A Case Study in the Processing Industry-", Engineering Failure Analysis, Vol. 25, pp. 182-192, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.engfailanal.2012.05.007
- BS EN 60812:2006 Analysis Techniques for System Reliability - Procedure for Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA), 2011.
- H. Arabian-Hosynnabadi et al., "Failure Modes and Effects Analysis(FMEA) for Wind Turbines", Electric Power and Energy Systems, Vol. 32, pp. 817-824, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijepes.2010.01.019
- D. H. Kim et al., "Failure Mode and Effect Analysis on the Temporary Electric Power Installations, Journal of Industrial Science and Technology Institute, Vol.18 No.1, pp.97-102, 2004.