- Volume 18 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
The Effects of Organic Manure and Chemical Fertilizer Application Levels on the Growth and Nutrient Concentrations of Yellow Poplar (Liriodendron tulipifera Lin.) Seedlings
유기질 및 화학비료 처리수준이 어린 백합나무 생장 및 양분농도에 미치는 영향
Han, Si Ho;An, Ji Young;Choi, Hyung-Soon;Cho, Min Seok;Park, Byung Bae
- Received : 2015.09.07
- Accepted : 2015.10.25
- Published : 2015.10.31
Soil nutrient management is important to maintain the constant productivity of seedling production in the nursery for successful forest restoration. This study investigated the effects of organic manure and chemical fertilizer application levels on the growth, soil properties, and nutrient concentrations of yellow poplar seedlings. One-year-old yellow poplar seedlings were treated with the combination of 3 level organic manures(0, 5 Mg/ha, 10 Mg/ha; mixture of poultry manure, cattle manure, swine manure, and sawdust) and 3 level nitrogen-phosphorus-potassium(NPK) chemical fertilizers(0, 1x(urea,
Aboveground biomass allocation;Growth performance;Nutrient treatment;Nursery system;Seedling production
- Adegbidi, H. G.․R. D. Briggs․E. H. White․L. P. Abrahamson and T. A. Volk. 2003. Effect of organic amendments and slow-release nitrogen fertilizer on willow stem biomass production and soil chemical characteristics. Biomass and Bioenergy. 25(4): 389-398. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0961-9534(03)00038-2
- Bailey, S. W.․S. B. Horsley․R. P. Long and R. A. Hallett. 2004. Influence of edaphic factors on sugar maple nutrition and health on the Allegheny plateau. Soil Science Society of America Journal. 68(1): 243-252. https://doi.org/10.2136/sssaj2004.2430
- Bhandari, A. L.․J. K. Ladha․H. Pathak․A. T. Padre․D. Dawe and R. K. Gupta. 2002. Yield and soil nutrient changes in a long-term rice-wheat rotation in India. Soil Science Society of America Journal. 66(1): 162-170. https://doi.org/10.2136/sssaj2002.0162
- Chand, S.․M. Anwar and D. D. Patra. 2006. Influence of long-term application of organic and inorganic fertilizer to build up soil fertility and nutrient uptake in mint-mustard cropping sequence. Communications in Soil Science and Plant Analysis. 37(1-2): 63-76. https://doi.org/10.1080/00103620500408704
- Chang, C.․T. G. Sommerfeldt and T. Entz. 1990. Rates of soil chemical changes with eleven annual applications of cattle feedlot manure. Canadian Journal of Soil Science. 70(4): 673-681. https://doi.org/10.4141/cjss90-069
- Chen, J. H. 2006. The combined use of chemical and organic fertilizers and/or biofertilizer for crop growth and soil fertility. Proceeding of International Workshop on Sustained Management of the Soil-Rhizosphere System for Efficient Crop Production and Fertilizer Use.
- Kaur, K.․K. K. Kapoor and A. P. Gupta. 2005. Impact of organic manure with and without mineral fertilizers on soil chemical biological properties under tropical conditions. Journal of Plant Nutrition and Soil Science. 168(1): 117-122. https://doi.org/10.1002/jpln.200421442
- King, L. D.․J. C. Burns and P. W. Westerman. 1990. Long-term swine lagoon effluent applications on 'Coastal' bermudagrass: II. Effect on nutrient accumulation in soil. Journal of Environmental Quality. 19(4): 756-760.
- Larcheveque, M.․A. Desrochers and G. R. Larocque. 2011. Comparison of manure compost and mineral fertilizer for hybrid poplar plantation establishment on boreal heavy clay soils. Annals of Forest Science. 68(4): 849-860. https://doi.org/10.1007/s13595-011-0081-3
- Likens, G. E.․C. T. Driscoll and D. C. Buso. 1996. Long-term effects of acid rain: response and recovery of a forest ecosystem. Science. 272(5259): 244-246. https://doi.org/10.1126/science.272.5259.244
- Liu, E.․C. Yan․X. Mei․W. He․S. H. Bing․ L. Ding․Q. Liu․S. Liu and T. Fan. 2010. Long-term effect of chemical fertilizer, straw, and manure on soil chemical and biological properties in northwest China. Geoderma. 158(3): 173-180. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.geoderma.2010.04.029
- Magdof, F.․L. Lanyon and B. Liebhardt. 1997. Nutrient cycling, transformations and flows: implications for a more sustainable agriculture. Advances in Agronomy. 60: 1-73. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0065-2113(08)60600-8
- Murmu, K.․D. K. Swain and B. C. Ghosh. 2013. Comparative assessment of conventional and organic nutrient management on crop growth and yield and soil fertility in tomato-sweet corn production system. Australian Journal of Crop Science. 7(11): 1617-1626.
- Park BB․Byun JK․Sung JH and Cho MS. 2013. Study of optimal fertilization with vector analysis in hardwood and softwood seedlings. Journal of Agriculture and Life Science. 47(5): 95-107. (in Korean with English abstract)
- Park BB․Cho MS․Lee SW․R. D. Yanai and Lee DK. 2012. Minimizing nutrient leaching and improving nutrient use efficiency of Liriodendron tulipifera and Larix leptolepis in a container nursery system. New Forests. 43(1): 57-68. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11056-011-9266-8
- Ryu KO․Jang SS․Choi WY and Kim HE. 2003. Growth performance and adaptation of Liriodendron tulipifera in Korea. Journal of Korean Forestry Society. 92(6): 515-525. (in Korean with English abstract)
- Ryu KO․Kim UJ․Kim IS․Choi HS․Lee DH and Kim YW. 2008. Liriodendron tulipifera L.-Growth characteristics and utilization technique-. Korea Forest Research Institute. Research Note 320: pp. 286. (in Korean)
- Singh, M.․S. R. Reddy․V. P. Singh and T. R. Rupa. 2007. Phosphorus availability to rice (Oriza sativa L.)-wheat (Triticum estivum L.) in a Vertisol after eight years of inorganic and organic fertilizer additions. Bioresource Technology. 98(7): 1474-1481. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.biortech.2006.02.045
- Timmer, V. R. 1996. Exponential nutrient loading: a new fertilization technique to improve seedling performance on competitive sites. New Forests. 13(1-3): 275-295.
- Tomati, U.․A. Grappelli and E. Galli. 1988. The hormone-like effect of earthworm casts on plant growth. Biology Fertility Soils. 5(4): 288-294.
- Warren, S. L. and W.C. Fonteno. 1993. Changes in physical and chemical properties of a loamy sand soil when amended with composted poultry litter. Journal of Environmental Horticulture. 11: 186-190.
- Whalen, J. K.․C. Chang․G. W. Clayton and J. P. Carefoot. 2000. Cattle manure amendments can increase the pH of acid soils. Soil Science Society of America Journal. 64(3): 962-966. https://doi.org/10.2136/sssaj2000.643962x
- Eghball, B. 1999. Liming effects of beef cattle feedlot manure or compost. Communications in Soil Science and Plant Analysis. 30(19-20): 2563-2570. https://doi.org/10.1080/00103629909370396
Supported by : 산림청