- Volume 18 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
The Evaluation of Connectivity between Natural Environment (Forests and Rivers) and Neighborhood Parks Inside Cities in Gyeonggi-do
도시 내 자연환경(산림, 하천)과 근린공원의 연결 현황 평가 및 연결방안
Sung, Hyun-Chan;Kim, Su-Ryeon;Kang, Da-In;Hwang, So-Young
- Received : 2015.09.21
- Accepted : 2015.10.21
- Published : 2015.10.31
In this research, the connectivity status between natural environment (forests and rivers) and urban parks in view of ecological networks in a city is evaluated and on the basis of these evaluation results, a future connectivity enhancing recommendations are suggested. As a result, the 96.8% of the connectivity role of the neighborhood parks were core or connected parks and as in terms of the ecological pattern on the outer park, 84.1% of the case neighborhood parks were connected to the ecological element at least one side. Therefore, it can be expected to play a role as corridor that enables the direct connection with the natural environment if the connection plan is well established. As a result of connectivity evaluation of the parks, inside of the parks had low ecological element overall and had low connectivity, outside of the parks had 1.5 times more of low connectivity parks than high connectivity parks, and had similar disconnections such as facilities(fence, soundproof walls, breast walls, etc.), developments(roads, apartment complexes, industrial complexes, etc.), or poor greens regardless of the neighborhood with the ecological elements. To increase the connectivity of ecological network, the cities already built shall secure primarily green territory where can connect with the isolated park due to the surrounding with the developing areas and when planning for new cities or residential complexes, it shall establish a connection plan with the nearby at the beginning.
Ecological network;Urban park;Ecological connectivity;Corridor;Landscape ecology
- Ahn YJ․Lee DK․Kim HG and Mo JW. 2014. Applying Connectivity Analysis for Prioritizing Unexecuted Urban Parks in Sungnam. Journal of the Korea Society of Environmental Restoration Technology. 17(3): pp. 75-86. https://doi.org/10.13087/kosert.2014.17.3.75
- Kim MS. 2002. Assessment of urban green space connectivity and potential dispersal of wildlife from landscape ecological perspective. Ph. D. Seoul National Univ.
- Kim MR and Sung HC. 2014. Ecological Linkage Assessment of Urban Park by Using Connection Components in Establishment Green Network. Journal of the Korea Society of Environmental Restoration Technology. 17(6): pp. 61-72.
- Ryu YS․Lee HT and Ra JH. 2007. The Landscape Ecological Proposal of an Urban Park by Analysis of Its Connection, Circulation, and Isolation. Journal of the Korea Society of Environmental Restoration Technology. 10(6): pp. 15-32.
- SaGong JH․Ra JH and Cho HJ. 2007. Selection of the priority order for additional green spaces for urban park and green network. Journal of the Korean Institute of Landscape Architecture. 34(6): pp. 10-21.
- Sung HC․Kim MR․Hwang SY and Kim SR. 2014. A Basic Study on Connectivity of Urban Parks for the Urban Ecological Network Establishment. Journal of the Korea Society of Environmental Restoration Technology. 17(2): pp. 125-136. https://doi.org/10.13087/kosert.2014.17.2.125
- Hwang SY and Sung HC. 2013. A Preliminary Study on Assessment of Urban Parks and Green Zones of Ecological Attributes and Responsiveness to Climate Change. Journal of the Korea Society of Environmental Restoration Technology. 16(3): pp. 107-117. https://doi.org/10.13087/kosert.2013.16.3.107
Supported by : 환경부