- Volume 21 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
A Study on Physical Characteristic of Ground water and Sediment Property in Intertidal Flat of Nakdong River Estuary
낙동강 하구 조간대 지하수의 물리적 특성 및 퇴적물 성상에 관한 연구
Kim, Heon-Tae;Kim, Kyunghoi;Ryu, Sung-Hoon;Lee, In-Cheol
- Received : 2015.07.23
- Accepted : 2015.10.27
- Published : 2015.10.31
In the present study, we investigated the physical characteristics of ground water behaviors and sediment properties in intertidal flat of Nakdong River Estuary. Variations in level and temperature of the groundwater depended on tides. And increase of river discharge led to increase in groundwater level and decrease in ground salinity at a depth of several ten cm. Difference in permeability of the intertidal flat sediments due to content of fine fraction affect velocity of groundwtaer level decrease at low tide. Furthermore, enhancement of groundwater flow due to the increase in permeability leaded to decrease of fine fraction in the intertidal flat sediments.
Sediment property;Groundwater;Intertidal flat;Nakdong River Estuary;Monitoring
- Busan Metropolitan City(2011), Monitoring for Nakdong River Estuary System, Busan Metropolitan City.
- Chang, J. H.(2008), Criteria and Evaluation of Local Tidal Flat for Designation Conservation Sites in the Southwestern Coast of Korea, Journal of Environmental Science, Vol. 17, pp. 1391-1402. https://doi.org/10.5322/JES.2008.17.12.1391
- Chang, N. K. and B. C. Kang(1977), Changes of Plant Communities to Continuum and Species Diversity on the Gradient of the Water Table in the Delta of the Nakdong-river, Korean Journal of Animal Science, Vol. 19, No. 6, pp. 453-458.
- Gabriel, B., M. Valerie, D. Julien, C. Olivier, L. Robert and D. Jean-Paul(2004), Chemical Characterization of Porewaters in an Intertidal Mudflat of the Seine Estuary: Relationship to Erosion-Deposition Cycles, Marine Pollution Bulletin, Vol. 49, pp. 163-176. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.marpolbul.2004.02.005
- Hibino, T., K. Komai, S. Fukuoka and M. Mizuno(2008), Effect of the Inflowing River Water through the Soil on the Ground Water in Tidal Flat, Proceedings of Hydraulic Engineering, JSCE, Vol. 52, pp. 1309-1314. (in Japanese with English Abstract)
- Hibino, T., K. H. Kim and K. Nagao(2011), Modeling of Settling and Deposition of Suspended Organic Matter considering Biodegradation, Coastal Engineering Journal, Vol. 53, pp. 180-200.
- Kang, H. Y., N. Kobayashi and C. R. Ryu(1997), Tide, Swash Infiltration and Groundwater Behavior, Journal of Ocean Engineering and Technology,l Vol. 11, pp. 153-162.
- Kim, K., M. Abe, K. Komai and T. Hibino(2009), An effect of pore water infiltration on the re-suspension of sea bottom sediment. Journal of Japan Society of Civil Engineers, Ser. B2. 65, pp. 971-975. (in Japanese with English abstract)
- Korea Meteorological Administration, http://www.kma.go.kr/.
- Kuwae, T., E. Kibe and Y. Nakamura(2003), Effect of Emersion and Immersion on the Porewater Nutrient Dynamics of an Intertidal Sandflat in Tokyo Bay. Estuarine, Coastal and Shelf Science, Vol. 57, pp. 929-940. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0272-7714(02)00423-7
- Kwater, http://busan.kwater.or.kr/.
- Lee, I. C., S. P. Lim, H. S., Yoon and C. R. Ryu(2008), Topographical Change Monitoring of the Sandbar and Estimation of Suspended Solid Flux in the Nakdong River Estuary, Journal of the Korean Society of Marine Environmental Engineering, Vol. 11, No. 2, pp. 70-77.
- Malet, N., P. G. Sauriau, M. Ryckaert, P. Malestroit and G. Guiljou(2008), Dynamics and Sources of Suspended Particulate Organic Matter in the Marennes-Oleron Oyster Farming Bay: Insights Fromstable Isotopes and Microalgae Ecology, Estuarine, Coastal and Shelf Science, Vol. 78, pp. 576-586. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ecss.2007.11.001
- Park, Y. C., H. S. Yang, P. Y. Lee and P. J. Kim(1995), Environmental Characteristics of the Seawater and Surface Sediment in the vicinity of Pusan Harbor Area in Winter, Korean Journal of Fisheries and Aquatic Sciences, Vol. 28, No. 5, pp. 577-588.
- Park, J. H.(2015), A Study on the Characteristics of Internal-Waterlevel Fluctuation with a Topography at the Estuary Sand Bar, Doctoral Thesis, Pukyong National University, p. 54.
- Park, J. H., H. S. Yoon and I. C. Lee(2014), Analysis of Ground Watertable Fluctuation at the Sandy Barrier Island on Jinu-do in Nakdong River Estuary. Journal of the Korean Society of Marine Environment & Safety, Vol. 20, No. 4, pp. 382-388. https://doi.org/10.7837/kosomes.2014.20.4.382
- Parsons, T. R.(1975), Particulate Organic Carbon in the Sea. in J. P. Riley and G. Chemical Oceanography(ed. by J. P. Riley and G. Skirrow), 2nd ed., Academic Press, London, England, p. 647.
- Pocklington, R. and J. D. Leonard(1979), Terrigenous Organic Matter in Sediment of the St. Lawrence Estuary and the Saguenay Fjord, Journal of the Fisheries Research Board of Canada, Vol. 36, pp. 1250-1255. https://doi.org/10.1139/f79-179
- Redfield, A. C.(1958), The Biological Control of Chemical Factors in the Environment, American Scientist, Vol. 46, pp. 205-222.
- Rengarajan, R. and V. V. S. S. Sarma(2015), Submarine Groundwater Discharge and Nutrient Addition to the Coastal Zone of the Godavari Estuary, Marine Chemistry, Vol. 172, pp. 57-69. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.marchem.2015.03.008
- Shin, W. S., Y. D. Lee, M. Fujibayashi, Y. Nagahama, M. Nomura and O. Nishimura(2010), The Origin of Sediment Organic Matters at Tidal Flat in Estuary, Journal of Korean Society of Environmental Engineers, Vol. 32, No. 1, pp. 1177-1184.
- Turner, I. L.(1995), Simulation the influence of Groundwater Seepage on Sediment Transported by the Sweep of the Swash Zone across Macro-tidal Beaches. Marine Geology, Vol. 125, pp. 153-174. https://doi.org/10.1016/0025-3227(95)00026-U
- Woo, H. S., S. J. Chung and H. J. Cho(2011), A Field Survey and Analysis of Ground Water Level and Soil Moisture in a Riparian Vegetation Zone, Journal of Korea Water Resources Association, Vol. 44, No. 10, pp. 797-807. https://doi.org/10.3741/JKWRA.2011.44.10.797
- Yi, Y. M., U. S. Yeo and K. Sung(2014), Soil Properties of Barrier Island Habitats in the Nakdong River Estuary. Journal of Wetland Research, Vol. 16, No. 3, pp. 355-362. https://doi.org/10.17663/JWR.2014.16.3.355
- Yoon, H. S., C. H. Yoon, C. I. Ryu and J. H. Park(2010), Effects of Busan-Gimhae Precipitation Conditions on the Real Barrage Discharge in the Nakdong River Basin. Journal of the Korean Society of Marine Environment and Safety, Vol. 16, No. 2, pp. 169-174.
- Yoon, H. S., I. C. Lee and C. R. Ryu(2005), Numerical Simulation for Net-water Flux of the Cross-sectional area in the Nakdong River Estuary. Journal of the Korean Society of Marine Environmental Engineering, Vol. 8, No. 4, pp. 186-192.