- Volume 21 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Seasonal Change of Phytoplankton Dominant Species Based on Water Mass in the Coastal Areas of the East Sea
동해 연안 수괴 특성에 따른 식물플랑크톤 우점종의 계절 변동
Shim, Jeong-Min;Kwon, Ki-Young;Kim, Sang-Woo;Yoon, Byong-Seon
- Received : 2015.09.01
- Accepted : 2015.10.27
- Published : 2015.10.31
In order to understand the seasonal change of phytoplankton as well as the effect of water physico-chemical parameters, we investigated 18 stations in coastal areas of the East Sea in February, May, August and November in 2009. The taxa of phytoplankton observed in this study were classified as 37 Bacillariophyceae, 22 Dinophyceae, 1 Euglenophyceae, 3 Dictyophyceae and 1 Cryptophyceae. Phytoplankton abundance ranged from
Phytoplankton dominant species;Species composition;Abundance;Correlation co-efficient;Water mass
- Bray, J. R. and J. T. Curtis(1957), An ordination of the upland forest communities of southern Wisconsin. Ecological Monographs, Vol. 27, pp. 325-349. https://doi.org/10.2307/1942268
- Buzz, F.(2002), Phytoplankton assemblages in two subbasins of lake como, Journal of Limnology, Vol. 61, pp. 117-128.
- Cho, C. H.(1985), Chlorophyll-a concentrations of microplankton and nannoplankton in the coastal seas of Korea in fall, Journal of Korean Fisheries Society, Vol. 18, No. 1, pp. 63-66.
- Choi, H. C., Y. S. Kang and I. S. Jeon(2004a), Phytoplankton community in adjacent waters of Ulchin nuclear power plant, Journal of Korean Environmental Biology, Vol. 22, pp. 426-437.
- Choi, H. C., Y. S. Kang, K. Choi, T. Y. Song and M. H. Yoo(2004b), Analysis on the pigment composition of phytoplankton assemblages using HPLC(High Performance Liquid Chromatography) in the adjacent waters of nuclear power plants in spring. Journal of Korean Society of Oceanography, Vol. 39, pp. 234-242.
- David, H. M.(1995), Marine life and the sea, Wadsworth publishing company, pp. 51-79.
- Jang, P. G., H. H. Shin, S. H. Baek, M. C. Jang, T. S. Lee and K. Shin(2013), Nutrient distribution and effects on phytoplankton assemblages in the western Korea/Tsushima Strait, New Zealand Journal of Marine Freshwater Research, Vol 47, No. 1, pp. 21-37. https://doi.org/10.1080/00288330.2012.718284
- Jeong, H. D., S. W. Kim, K. Y. Kwon, J. W. Lim and C. H. Kwoun(2013), Oceanographic features around aquaculture areas of the eastern coast of Korea, Journal of the Korean Society of Marine Environment & Safety Research, Vol. 19, No. 4, pp. 334-344. https://doi.org/10.7837/kosomes.2013.19.4.334
- Jung, S. W., J. K. Park, D. H. Jeong and D. I. Lim(2012), Seasonal changes in water masses and phytoplankton communities in the western part of south coastal waters, Korea, Journal of Korean Environmental Biology, Vol. 30, No. 4, pp. 328-338. https://doi.org/10.11626/KJEB.2012.30.4.328
- Kang, Y. S. and J. G. Choi(2002), Ecological characteristics of phytoplankton communities in the coastal waters of Gori, Wolseong, Uljin and Younggwang II. Distributions of standing crops and environmental variables(1992-1996), Journal of Korean Society of Oceanography, Vol. 7, No 3, pp. 108-128.
- Kang, Y. S., H. C. Choi, J. H. Lim, I. S. Jeon and J. H. Seo(2005), Dynamics of the phytoplankton community in the coastal waters of Chuksan harbor, East Sea, Algae, Vol. 20, pp. 345-352.
- Karawada, M.(1965), Diatoms in the Kuroshio waters neighboring Japan, Inform. Bull. Plankton Japan, Vol. 12, pp. 8-16.
- Kim, S. W., S. Saitoh, J. Ishizaka, Y. Isoda and M. Kishino (2000), Temporal and spatial variability of phytoplankton pigment concentrations in the Japan Sea derived from CZCS images, Journal of Oceanography, Vol. 56, pp. 527-538. https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1011148910779
- Kim, S. W., S. Saitoh and D. S. Kim(2002), Spatial distribution of pigment concentration around the east korean warm current region derived from satellite data-satellite observation in May 1980, Journal of Korean Society of Oceanography, Vol. 35, No. 3, pp. 265-272.
- Kim, S. W., Y. Isoda and T. Azumaya(2003), Seasonal variation of phytoplankton in the East Sea using a surface mixed layer ecosystem model, Journal of Korean Fisheries Society, Vol. 36, No. 2, pp. 178-186.
- Kim, A. R., S. H. Youn, M. H. Chung, S. C. Yoon and C. H. Moon(2014a), The influences of coastal upwelling on phytoplankton community in the southern part of East Sea, Korea, Journal of Korean Society of Oceanography, Vol. 19, No. 4, pp. 287-301.
- Kim, S. W., J. W. Im, B. S. Yoon, H. D. Jeong and S. H. Jang(2014b), Long-term variations of the sea surface temperature in the east coast of Korea, Journal of the Korean Society of Marine Environment & Safety Research, Vol. 20, No. 6, pp. 601-608. https://doi.org/10.7837/kosomes.2014.20.6.601
- Kwon, K. Y., P. G. Lee, C. Park, C. H. Moon and M. O. Park(2001), Biomass and species composition of phytoplankton and zooplankton along the salinity gradients the seomjin river estuary, ˹The Sea Journal of Korean Society of Oceanography, Vol. 6, No. 2, pp. 93-102.
- Lee, J. U. and M. Chang(2014), Size dependent analysis of phytoplankton community structure during low water temperature periods in the coastal waters of East Sea, Korea, Journal of Korean Environmental Biology, Vol. 32, No. 3, pp. 168-175 . https://doi.org/10.11626/KJEB.2014.32.3.168
- Lee, J. B., M. S. Han and H. S. Yang(1998), The ecosystem of the southern coastal waters of the East Sea, Korea, ( I ) Phytoplankton community structure and primary productivity in September, 1994, Journal of Korean Fisheries Society, Vol. 31, No. 1, pp. 45-55.
- Lee, W. H. and J. H. Shim(1990), Distribution of phytoplankton standing crop and the associated T-S properties in the southwestern East Sea(Sea of Japan), Journal of Korean Society of Oceanography, Vol. 25, No. 1, pp. 1-7.
- Matoda, S. and R. Marymo(1963), Plankton of the Kuroshio water, Proceedings of Symposium on the Kuroshio, pp. 40-61.
- Ministry of Land, Transport and Maritime Affairs(2010), Standard Method of Oceanic Environment, pp. 3-495.
- Moon, C. H. and H. J. Choi(1991), Studies on environmental characteristics and phytoplankton community the nakdong river estuary, Journal of Korean Society of Oceanography, Vol. 26, No. 2, pp. 144-154.
- Oh, H. J., Y. S. Suh and S. Heo(2004), The relationship between phytoplankton distribution and environmental conditions of the upwelling cold water in the eastern coast of the Korean peninsula, Korean Association of Geographic Information Studies, Vol. 7, pp. 166-173.
- Oh, H. J., S. H. Kim and S. Y. Moon(2008), The characteristics of phytoplankton community of cold water in the around sea of Wando in summer, 2005, Journal of Environmental Science, Vol. 17, pp. 949-956. https://doi.org/10.5322/JES.2008.17.9.949
- Park, J. S., C. K. Kang and K. H. An(1991), Community structure and spatial distribution of phytoplankton in the polar front region off the east coast of Korea in summer, Bulletin of Korean Fisheries Society, Vol. 24, No. 4, pp. 237-247.
- Rey, P. A., J. C. Taylor, A. Laas, L. Rensburg and A. Vosloo(2004), Determining the possible application value of diatoms as indicators of general water quality: a comparison with SASS 5. Water SA., Vol. 30, pp. 325-332.
- Sverdrup, H. U.(1953), On conditions for the vernal blooming of phytoplankton, J. Cons. Cons. Int. Explor. Mer., 18, pp. 287-295. https://doi.org/10.1093/icesjms/18.3.287
- Shim, J. H. and W. H. Lee(1983), Plankton study in the southeastern sea of Korea, ( I ) Phytoplankton distribution in September, 1981, Journal of Korean Society of Oceanography, Vol. 18, No. 2, pp. 91-103.
- Shim, J. H., W. H. Lee and S. Y. Bak(1985), Studies on the plankton in the southwestern waters of the East Sea(Sea of Japan), (II) Phytoplankton-standing crop, nanofraction, and primary production, Journal of Korean Society of Oceanography, Vol. 20, No. 3, pp. 37-54.
- Shim, J. H. and W. H. Lee.(1987), Distribution of phytoplankton species and associated environmental factors in the southwestern waters of the East Sea(Sea of Japan), Korea: A canonical correlation analysis, Journal of Korean Society of Oceanography, Vol. 22, No. 1, pp. 34-42.
- Shim, J. H., H. G. Yeo and J. G. Park(1992), Primary production system in the southern waters of the East Sea, Korea, ( I ) Biomass and productivity, Journal of Korean Society of Oceanography, Vol. 27, No. 2, pp. 91-100.
- Shim, J. H.(1994), Illustrated encyclopedia of fauna & flora of Korea. Marine Phytoplankton. Ministry of Education Republic of Korea, Vol. 34, p. 487.
- Shim, J. H., H. G. Yeo and J. G. Park(1995), Primary production system in the southern waters of the East Sea, Korea, (II) The structure of phytoplankton community, Journal of Korean Society of Oceanography, Vol. 30, No. 3, pp. 163-169.
- Thomas, C. R.(1997), Identifying marine phytoplankton, Florida Marine Research Institute, St. Petersburg, Academic Press, p. 858.
- Yamada, K., J. Ishizaka, S. J. Yoo, H. C. Kim and S. Chiba(2004), Seasonal and interannual variability of sea surface chlorophyll a concentration in the Japan/East Sea (JES), Progress in Oceanography, Vol. 61, pp. 193-211.
- Yoo, S. J. and H. C. Kim(2004), Suppression and enhancement of the spring bloom in the southwestern East Sea/Japan Sea, Deep Sea Research II, Vol. 51, No. 10-11, pp. 1093-1111. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0967-0645(04)00102-X
- Survival Strategy of Dominant Diatom Chaetoceros debilis and Leptocylindrus danicus as Southwestern parts of East Sea vol.22, pp.2, 2016, https://doi.org/10.7837/kosomes.2016.22.2.212
- Effects of Dissolved Organic Nitrogen on the Growth of Dominant Phytoplankton in the Southwestern Part of East Sea in Late Summer vol.22, pp.1, 2016, https://doi.org/10.7837/kosomes.2016.22.1.042
- Phytoplankton Spring Bloom and Environmental Factors in the Southern East Sea, Korea vol.30, pp.1, 2018, https://doi.org/10.13000/JFMSE.2018.02.30.1.19
- Maturity and spawning of the pointhead flounder, Hippoglossoides pinetorum in the coastal waters off Gangwon-do, East Sea vol.54, pp.4, 2018, https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFOT.2018.54.4.296
Grant : 적조 모니터링 및 발생 메커니즘 연구
Supported by : 국립수산과학원