- Volume 21 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Suitable Site Assessment using Habitat Suitability Index for Ruditapes philippinarum in Gochang(Hajun)
서식지 적합지수를 이용한 고창 갯벌어장 바지락의 어장적지평가
Jeon, Seungryul;Choi, Yoon-Seok;Cho, Yoon-Sik;Kim, Yeong-Tae;Choi, Yonghyeon
- Received : 2015.09.07
- Accepted : 2015.10.27
- Published : 2015.10.31
The productivity of Manila clam(Ruditapes philippinarum) aquaculture farm is closely related to suitable site selection, so it is essential to assess the habitat suitable for aquaculture species in order to manage yield. This study evaluated the habitat suitable index(HSI) with 9 sites for tidal flat farm, Gochang(Hajun) on May 2014. The suitability index was selected Growth(hydrodynamics, chlorophyll a), Survival(sediment-sand, silt-clay) and Water Environment(dissolved oxygen, salinity). Both Weight and No weight were tried for objective judgment as HSI scoring method. As a result, it shows lower tidal flat(HSI; No weight: 0.60~0.76, Weight: 0.47~0.70) is higher than upper(HSI; No weight: 0.25~0.27, Weight: 0.09~0.10), hydrodynamics and sediment particle size are the most effective. This research can consider the potential suitable site for Manila clam through scientific approach, and provide the basis for optimal management practices in tidal flat farm.
Suitable site assessment;Habitat Suitability Index;Ruditapes philippinarum;Hydrodynamics;Fishery management
- Baek, M. J., Y. J. Lee, K. S. Choi, W. C. Lee, H. J. Park, J. H. Kwak and C. K. Kang(2014), Physiological disturbance of the Manila clam, Ruditapes philippinarum, by altered environmental conditions in a tidal flat on the west coast of Karea, Marine Pollution Bulletin, Vol. 78, No. 1-2 pp. 137-145. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.marpolbul.2013.10.050
- Chang, J. H., S. O. Ryu and Y. J. Jo(2007), Long-term Variation of Tidal-flat Sediments in Gomso Bay, West Coast of Korea, Journal of Korean Earth Science Society, Vol. 28, No. 3, pp. 357-366. https://doi.org/10.5467/JKESS.2007.28.3.357
- Chang, J. H. and Y. G. Jo(2000), Tidal Deposits of Gomso Bay, Western Coast of Korea: Sedimentary Environment, Stratigraphy and Holocene Sea-Level Changes, The Journal of Basic Sciences, Vol. 18. pp. 135-158.
- Cho, T. C., S. B. Lee and S. Y. Kim(2001), Sedimentological and Hydromechanical Characteristics of Bed Deposits for the Cultivation of Manila clam, Ruditapes philippinarum in Gomso Tidal Flat, Journal of Korean Fisheries and Aquatic Science, Vol. 34, No. 3, pp. 245-253.
- Cho, Y. S., S. J. Hong, W. C. Lee, H. C. Kim and J. B. Kim(2013), Suitable Site Assessment using Habitat Suitability Index for Styela Clava and Styela Plicata in Jindong Bay, Journal of the Korean society of marine environment and safety, Vol. 19, No. 6, pp. 597-605. https://doi.org/10.7837/kosomes.2013.19.6.597
- Cho, Y. S., W. C. Lee, S. J. Hong, H. C. Kim, and J. B. Kim(2012), GIS-based suitable site selection using habitat suitability index for oyster farms in Geoje-Hansan Bay, Korea, Ocean & Coastal Management, Vol. 56, pp. 10-16. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ocecoaman.2011.10.009
- Folk, R. L.(1968), Petrology of Sedimentary Rock, Hemphill Publishing Co., Austin TX, U.S.A, p. 170.
- Fostner, U. and G. T. W Wittmann(1981), Metal pollution in the Aquatic Environment, Springer-Verlag, New York, p. 486.
- Gibson, L. A., B. A. Wilson, D. M. Cahill and J. Hill(2004), Modelling habitat suitability of the swamp antechinus(Antechinus minimus maritimus) in the coastal heathlands of southern Victoria. Austr. Biol. Conserv., Vol. 117, pp. 143-150. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0006-3207(03)00288-X
- Jeong, Y. H., Y. T. Kim, K. H. Kim, S. Y. Kim, B. H. Kim and J. S. Yang(2006), Mass Balance of Salts, DIP, DIN and DON in the Gomso Tidal Flat, Journal of the Korean Society of Oceanography, Vol. 11, No. 2, pp. 68-81.
- Jung, T. S. and J. K. Jeong(2013), Spatial Distribution and Time Variation of M2 Tide and M4 Tide in the Western Coast of Korea, Journal of Korean Society of Coastal and Ocean Engineers, Vol. 25, No. 4, pp. 255-265. https://doi.org/10.9765/KSCOE.2013.25.4.255
- KHOA(2015), Korea Ocean Observing and Forecasting System, [online] http:/www.khoa.go.kr/tdnet/, (accessed 08.29.15).
- Lee, I. T. and S. S. Chun(2001), Role of Sand Shoal in the Intertidal Flat Sedimentation, Gomso Bay, Southwestern Korea, Journal of Korean Earth Science Society, Vol. 22, No. 2, pp. 120-129.
- Longdill, P. C., T. R. Healy and K. P. Black(2008), An integrated GIS approach for sustainable aquaculture management area site selection, Ocean & Coastal Management, Vol. 51, pp. 612-624. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ocecoaman.2008.06.010
- Malouf, R. E. and W. P. Breese(1977), Seasonal changes in the effects of temperature and water flow rate on the growth of juvenile Pacific oysters, Crassostrea gigas Thunberg, Aquaculture, Vol. 12, pp. 1-13. https://doi.org/10.1016/0044-8486(77)90042-4
- MOF(2010), Marine environment standard methods, Ministry of Oceans and Fisheries, p. 495.
- MOF(2015), Fisheries Information Service, [online] http://www.fips.go.kr/jsp/sf/ss/ss_fishery_kind_list.jsp?menuDepth=070103, (accessed 08.28.15).
- Mulholland, R.(1984), Habitat suitability index models: Hard clam, Biological Report FWS/OBS-82/10.77, U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, U.S. Dept. Int, Washington D.C., p. 12.
- Nath, S. S., J. P. Bolte, L. G. Ross and J. A. Manjarrez(2000), Applications of geographical information systems (GIS) for spatial decision support in aquaculture, Aquacultural Engineering, Vol. 23, pp. 233-278. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0144-8609(00)00051-0
- NFRDI(2014a), 100 Items of Fishery Products(Shellfish), National Fisheries Research and Development Institute, pp. 118-136.
- NFRDI(2014b), 2/2 Technical Report of National Fisheries Research and Development Institute, p. 1151
- Park, J. S. and S. Y. Kim(2009), Growth status of Ruditapes philippinarum in Komso Bay, Journal of Korea Society for Fisheries and Marine Sciences Education, Vol. 21, No. 2, pp. 230-236.
- Park, K. I., H. S. Yang, D. H. Kang and K. S. Choi(2010), DENSITY DEPENDENT GRWOTH AND MORTALITY OF MANILA CLAM Ruditapes philippinarum REARED IN CAGES IN GOMSO-BAY, KOREA, The Korean Journal of Malacology, Vol. 26, No. 1, pp. 91-95.
- Park, K. I., K. S. Choi and J. W. Choi(1999), Epizootiology of Perkinsus sp. Found in the Manila Clam, Ruditapes philippinarum in Komsoe Bay, Korea, Journal of Korean Fisheries and Aquatic Science, Vol. 32, No. 3. pp. 303-309.
- Shin, Y. K., Y. Kim, E. Y. Chung and S. B. Hur(2000), Temperature and Salinity Tolerance of the Manila Clam, Ruditapes philippinarum, Journal of Korean Fisheries and Aquatic Science, Vol. 33, No. 3, pp. 223-218.
- USFWS(1980), Habitat as a basis for environmental assessment, Ecological Services Manual 101. Division of Ecological Services, U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, U.S. Dept. Int., Washington, D.C., p. 29.
- Vincenzi, S., G. Caramori, R. Rossi and Giulio A. DE Leo(2006), A GIS-based habitat suitability model for commercial yield estimation of Tapes philippinarum in a Mediterranean coastal lagoon (Sacca di Goro, Italy), Ecological Modelling, Vol. 193, No. 1, pp. 90-104. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ecolmodel.2005.07.039
- A Study on the Habitait Suitability Considering Survival, Growth, Environment for Ruditapes philippinarum in Geunso Bay (Pado and Beopsan) vol.22, pp.6, 2016, https://doi.org/10.7837/kosomes.2016.22.6.723
Grant : 곰소만.근소만 갯벌 어장 환경 생태 연구
Supported by : 국립수산과학원