- Volume 21 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
An Empirical Study on the Improvement of Marine Traffic System at the Pyeong-taek Adjacent Areas
평택항 접근수역의 해상교통시스템 개선에 관한 실증적 연구
Yoon, Byoung-Won;Park, Jin-Soo;Park, Young-Soo
- Received : 2015.07.30
- Accepted : 2015.10.27
- Published : 2015.10.31
This study focused on the investigating of the improving measure of marine traffic system around Pyung-Taek Pilotage area. First, we analyzed the marine traffic environment on the study area based on the expert point of view of pilot and shipmasters. Then suggested the following countermeasures to improve the traffic safety according to the analytic results of the hazardous items on the Jangan-Seo and Ippa pilot embarking/disembarking area. We suggested to establish Mokdeok-do TSS and TSS in Ando area, and to adjust the width of Jangan-seo TSS to improve the congestion on the TSSs. Also suggest to put lightbuoys along the outer limit of the TSS. In addition, recommend to establish traffic safety specific area on the Jangan-seo/Ippa-do water, and to suggest expand the anchorage area of Ippa and Jangan-seo anchorage. It is anticipated to improve the traffic safety on the study area through the marine traffic system improvements.
Marine accident;Pyeong-taek adjacent water;Marine traffic congestion;Marine dangerous parameter;Traffic safety specific area;TSS
- Choi, K. Y., D. S. Lee and Y. S. Park(2011), A Study on the Analysis of Present Navigation Method at the Ulsan waterways from the viewpoint of Pilot, Journal of Navigation and Port Research, Vol. 35, No. 6, pp. 469-475. https://doi.org/10.5394/KINPR.2011.35.6.469
- IMO(2013), "Ships' Routeing, 2013 Edition".
- Kim C. S., S. H. Park, J. Y. Jeong and J. S. Jeong(2014), "Maritime Traffic Safety Audit Scheme for 'A' District Pier Design of Hyundai Steel", Mokpo Maritime University, pp. 3-27.
- Lee, C. H. and H. H. Lee(2014), A Study on Expansion of Anchorage according to increased Trading Volume at Pyeongtaek Port, Journal of the Korean Scociety of Marine Environment & Safety, Vol. 20, No. 6, pp. 663-670. https://doi.org/10.7837/kosomes.2014.20.6.663
- Ministry of Oceans and Fisheries(2005), "Design Standard for Harbour and Fishing Port", Korean Port Association, pp. 684-685.
- Park, Y. S. and H. Y. Seo(2013), A Basic Study on Vessel Traffic Service Area and the Marine Traffic Dangerous Degree of Korean Ports, 2013 Proceeding of Navigation and Port Research, pp. 354-356.
- SPIDC(2015), http://www.spidc.go.kr/.
- The United Kingdom Hydrographic Office(2011), "Admiralty List of Radio Signal - Pilot Services, Vessel Traffic Services and Port Operations-", Vol. 6, Part 6, pp. 250-251.
- A Study on the Establishment of Specific Traffic Safety Areas at Pyeongtaek Port vol.22, pp.6, 2016, https://doi.org/10.7837/kosomes.2016.22.6.660