- Volume 21 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
A Study on a Two-Axis Solar Tracking System Based on Fuzzy Logic Control
퍼지 논리 제어를 기반으로 한 2축 태양광 추적시스템에 관한 연구
- Received : 2015.07.27
- Accepted : 2015.10.27
- Published : 2015.10.31
In order to maximize power output from the solar panels, one needs to keep the panels aligned with the sun. So solar tracker having high reliability must be designed. This paper cares about the design and evaluation of a two-axis solar tracker system based on fuzzy logic control with LabVIEW. The research focus on planning mechanical parts, making an intelligent controller which controls and monitors all parameters via user interface implemented of a fuzzy decision support system for control of photovoltaic panel movement. We also develop a real solar tracker system and analyze the influence indexes such as environment, weather, season, and light condition. The solar tracker is tested in real condition and all parameters related to the system operation are recorded and analyzed. The developed solar tracking system got a much higher efficiency about 38 % compare to fixed solar panel although the weather condition is affected a lot to the solar panel. So we confirmed the our auto tracking system is more effective and can allow more energy to be produced.
Two-axis solar tracker;Fuzzy control;LabVIEW;Solar energy;Renewable energy
- Bajpai, P. and S. Kumar(2011), "Design, Development and Performance test of an Automatic Two-Axis Solar Tracker System", Annual IEEE India Conference, Hyderabad, India, pp. 1-6.
- CleanTechnica(2014), http://cleantechnica.com/2014/09/04/solar-panel-cost-trends-10-charts/.
- Deepthi, S., A. Ponni, R. Ranjitha and R. Dhanabal(2013), "Comparison of Efficiencies of Single-Axis Tracking System and Dual-Axis Tracking System with Fixed Mount", International Journal of Engineering g Science and d Innovative Technology, Vol 2, pp. 425-430.
- Hughes, R. O.(1980), "Effects of tracking errors on the performance of point focusing solar collectors", Soar. Energy, pp. 83-92.
- Lee, C. Y., P. C. Chou, C. M. Chiang and C. F. Lin(2009), "Sun Tracking Systems: A Review", Sensors, pp. 3875-3890.
- Lho, T. J., S. H. Lee and M. Y. Park(2010), "Development of 2-Axis Solar Tracker with BLDC Motor-Cylinder Actuator and Hall Sensor Feedback", Vol. 11, No. 7, pp. 2334-2340. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2010.11.7.2334
- Photocells(2014), http://www.ladyada.net/learn/sensors/cds.html.
- Semma, R. P. and M. S. Imamura(1981), "Sun tracking controller for multi-kW photovoltaic concentrator system", Solar Energy Conference, pp. 375-380.
- Serhan, M. and L. El-Chaar(2010) "Two Axis Sun Tracking System: Comparison with a Fixed System", International Conference on Renewable Energies and Power Quality, pp. 23-25.
- Tamara, A. P. and M. Wong(2007), "Making Sense oLight Sensors", Application notes AN1311.0, Intersil Americas Inc. p. 5.
- Wang, J. M. and C. L. Lu(2013) "Design and Implementation of a Sun Tracker with a Dual-Axis Single Motor for an Optical Sensor-Based Photovoltaic System", Sensors, pp. 3157-3168.
- Yan, Z. and Z. Jiaxing(2010), "Application of Fuzzy Logic Control Approach in a Micro-controller Based Sun Tracking System", Conference on Information Engineering, pp. 161-164.