- Volume 21 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Ultimate Strength Prediction Formula Estimation of Aluminium Alloy Plate Girders Subjected to Patch Loading
패치로딩을 받는 알루미늄 합금 플레이트 거더의 최종강도 예측식 추정
- Received : 2015.08.31
- Accepted : 2015.10.27
- Published : 2015.10.31
In this paper, Used on the bridge and ship, investigate the physical relationship of aluminium plate girders(A6082-T6) considering the marine environment. Plate girder will experience the patch loading such as moving load, surcharge in the product life cycle. The ultimate strength of aluminum plate girders subjected to these loads applied multiple numerical model and performed the elasto-plastic large deflection series analysis and was proposed the predicted formula for regression analysis. The predicted formula was shown by the relationship of ultimate strength and slenderness. If the slenderness is low(0-2.3), it causes a 9 % error, and If the slenderness is higher(2.3-4.0), it causes a 1-2 % error. Therefore, the propriety of proposed prediction formular was found to be assess rationally.
Plate girder;Elasto-Plastic Large Analysis;Regression Analysis;Prediction Formula;Ultimate Strength
- Amdahl, J., N. K. Langhelle and S. Lundberg(2001), Aluminium plated structure at elevated temperatures, Proceedings of OMAE 2001, 20th Offshore Mechanics and Arctic Engineering Conference, pp. 1-8.
- Balaz, I. and Y. Kolekova(2014), Critical buckling stress of patch loading, Engineering MECHANICS, Volume 21, No. 2, pp. 83-89.
- Evans, H. R. and M. J. Hamoodi(1987), The collapse of welded aluminium plate girders-an experimental study, Thin-Walled Structures, Volume 5, Issue 4, pp. 247-275. https://doi.org/10.1016/0263-8231(87)90007-3
- Johansson, B. and O. Lagerqvist(1995), Resistance of plate edges to concentrated forces, J. Construct. Steel Research 32, pp. 69-105. https://doi.org/10.1016/0143-974X(94)00010-F
- Oh, Y. C. and D. G. Bae, J. Y. Ko(2014), Basic Research for Resistance Prediction of Aluminium Alloy Plate Girders Subjected to Patch Loading, Journal of the Korean Society of Marine Environment & Safety, Vol. 20, No. 2, pp. 218-227. https://doi.org/10.7837/kosomes.2014.20.2.218
- Robert, T. M., A. W. Davies, A. C. Newmark. and A. S. Bhogal.(1998), Strength of aluminium alloy plate girders subjected to patch loading, Proc. Instn Civ. Engrs Structs & Bldgs 128, pp. 376-384.
- Robert, T. M. and F. Shahabian(2000), Design procedures for combine shear and patch loading of plate girders, Pro. Instn Civ, Engrs Structs & Bldgs, pp. 219-225.
- Winter, G.(1947). "Strength of thin steel compression flanges." Transactions, ASCE, 112, pp. 527-576.
- Zetlin, L.(1955), Elastic instability of flat plates subjected to partial edge loads, proceedings, ASCE, Vol. 81, Separate paper No. 795, pp. 1-24.