- Volume 21 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Wave Simulation for Submarine Cable Route of Southwest Sea Offshore Wind Farm Using the SWAN Model
SWAN 모델을 이용한 서남해 해상풍력단지 해저케이블 경과지의 파랑 수치모의
Ryu, Hwang-Jin;Kim, Sang-Ho;Kwoun, Chul-Hui;Cho, Kwang-Woo;Maeng, Jun-Ho
- Received : 2015.08.07
- Accepted : 2015.10.27
- Published : 2015.10.31
Submarine cable installation is essentials for grid connection between existing power grid and newly produced electricity which will be from offshore wind farm in Southwest sea area of Korea. Especially, submarine cable route and protection method is designed in order to ensure the economical efficiency, workability and stability of submarine cable installation. On this paper, we will give the basic information about the submarine cable route and protection method of offshore wind farm which will be built in Southwest sea area of Korea. For this, we have a numerical simulation at high and low tide based on the third-generation wave model SWAN(Simulating WAves Nearshore) using the long term wave data from Korea Institute of Ocean Science and Technology(KIOST). The results of the study, year mean Hs is 1.03m, Tz is 4.47s and dominant wave direction is NW and SSW When the incident wave direction is NW(Hs: 7.0 m, Tp: 11.76s), the distribution of shallow water design wave height Hs was calculated about 4.0~5.0m at high tide and 2.0~3.0m at low tide. When the incident wave direction is SSW(Hs: 5.84 m, Tp: 11.15s), the distribution of shallow water design wave height Hs was calculated about 3.5~4.5m at high tide and 1.5~2.5m at low tide. The wave direction on a dominant influence in the section of longitude UTM 249749~251349(about 1.6 km) and UTM 251549~267749(about 16.2 km) in the submarine cable route are each NW and SSW. Prominently, wave focusing phenomenon appears between Wi-do and Hawangdeung-do, in this sea area is showing a relatively high wave hight than the surrounding sea areas.
Submarine cable;Grid connection;Submarine cable route;Protection Method;Offshore wind farm
- Ahn, S. H. and D. S. Kim(2009), Submarine Cable Installation and Protection Methods according as Characteristics of Ocean Environment, Journal of the Korean Society of Marine Environment & Safety, Vol 15, No 1, pp 25-32.
- Booij, N., R. C. Ris and L. H. Holthuijsen(1999), A Third-Generation Wave Model for Coastal Regions, Part I. Model Description and Validation, Journal of the Geophysical Research, Vol. 104, C4, pp. 7649-7666. https://doi.org/10.1029/98JC02622
- Carter, D. J. T(1982), Prediction Wave Height and Period for a constant Wind Velocity using the JONSWAP Results, Journal of the Ocean Engineering, Vol. 9, pp. 17-33. https://doi.org/10.1016/0029-8018(82)90042-7
- Hwang, S. B., S. H. Ahn, K. W. Park, J. H. Do and H. J. Ryu(2012), Study on Submarine Cable Protection Facility for Grid Connection of Wave Power Generation Plant, The Korea Association of Ocean Science and Technology Societies, pp. 2376-2382.
- Kim, D. H.(2011), Korea Offshore Wind Power Feasibility Study and Strategy, Journal of the Korean Institute of Electrical and Electronic Material Engineers, Vol. 24, No. 3, pp. 13-20.
- Lee, D. Y., K. C. Jun, S. H. Kang, K. S. Park, S. I. Kim, J. S. Shim and P. S. Chu(2005), The Estimation Report of Deep Sea Design Wave around Korea Sea Area, Korea Ocean Research & Development Institute, p. 154.
- Ministry of Knowledge Economy(2008), 2030 National Energy Basic Plan, p. 179.
- Ris, R. C., N. Booij and L. H. Holthuijsen(1999), A Third-Generation Wave Model for Coastal Regions, Part II. Verification, Journal of the Geophysical Research, Vol. 104, C4, pp. 7667-7681. https://doi.org/10.1029/1998JC900123
- Ryu, H. J., K. Y. Hong, S. H. Shin, S. H. Kim and Y. D. Kim(2011), Study on Analysis of Wave energy Resources and Wave Energy Density Map of the Korean Sea area, The Korea Association of Ocean Science and Technology Societies, pp. 1464-1468.
- Ryu, M. S., K. S. Kang, J. S. Lee and J. Y. Kim(2010), Strategy for Domestic Offshore Wind Power Development based on the Analysis of Natural Resources and Technology Level, Journal of The Korean Society for New and Renewable Energy, Vol. 6, No. 1, pp. 20-28.
- Yoo, J. H.(2010), Offshore Wind Farm Road Map, Journal of electrical world, No. 408, pp. 56-59.
Supported by : 농촌진흥청