- Volume 19 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Development of Vessel Communication System for Integrated Management and Inter-exchange of Maritime Data
해상 데이터 통합 관리 및 상호교환을 위한 선박 통신 시스템 개발
Kang, Nam-seon;Kim, Ji-goo;Lee, Seon-ho
- Received : 2015.09.07
- Accepted : 2015.10.14
- Published : 2015.10.30
In this study, for integrated management and inter-exchange of operational data generated by ships and land-side information on safe and business, a vessel communication system with modular functions was designed that applied high efficiency compression, least-cost algorithms and Inmarsat FBB connection automation system. Performance test at the KTsat Kumsan satellite earth station; system was found to delivered an average transfer speed of 7 kB/S, which was significant improvement from the existing commercial product's average speed of 5 kB/S. It also delivered twice the efficiency of the existing product in terms of compression rate and transfer of the most widely used office files in maritime businesses.
4S(Ship to ship, Ship to shore) communication;Vessel communication system;Inmarsat FBB auto connection management;Connection scheduler;Marine data management
- G. I. Lee and J. H. Park, "Convergent technology in e-Navigation and ship communication," Journal of Korea Information and Communication Society, Vol. 30, No.10, pp.46-52, Oct. 2013.
- U. G. Kim, "Ship operational data as a convergence model between ICT and shipbuilding & maritime industries," Journal of Korean Society of Mechanical Engineers, Vol. 54, No. 12, pp. 49-52, Dec, 2013.
- S. H. Jung, G. S. Yang, D. K. Park and J. C. Kim, "The improvement of maritime data communication system for e-Navigation," Journal of Advanced Navigation Technology, Vol. 15, No. 6, pp. 668-676, Dec. 2011.
- S. H. Lee, J. H. Kim, K. D. Moon, K. I. Lee and J. H. Park, "Performance analysis on integrated ship area network," Journal of Korea Information and Communication Society, Vol. 38C, No. 3, pp. 247-253, 2013. https://doi.org/10.7840/kics.2013.38C.3.247
- Trends in digital maritime communication technology and outlook, Korea Communication Agency, 16. Jan. 2014.
- D. H. Kim, Development of maritime digital wireless communication technology for e-Navigation, ETRI, 2013.
- LTE-based 100 km maritime communication service, IDOLINK CO.,Ltd. [Internet]. Available: http://www.gobizkorea.com/catalog.
- Factsheet on infocomm@seaport program, Maritime and Port Authority of Singapore(MPA), Available: http://www.mpa.gov.sg/sites/.
- Design issues of ship to ship communication for e-Navigation services, ETRI, 2011.
- S. H. Jung, G. S. Yang, G. R. Jeong, D. K. Park and J. C. Kim, "The improvement of maritime data communication system for e-Navigation," Journal of Advanced Navigation Technology, Vol. 15, No. 6, pp. 939-945, Dec. 2011.
- S. M. Mun, W. S. Jang, J. Y. Son and G. S. Yang, "Development of a 4S multiple media switching server and an information exchange system," Journal of Navigation and Port Research, Vol. 37, No. 3, pp. 275-281, June. 2010.
- U. G. Kim, "A short discussion of smart ship strategy as a driving force behind e-Navigation," Journal of Korea Institute of Information Scientists and Engineers: computer system and theory, Vol. 31, No.1, pp.40-45, Jan. 2013.
- Corporate Presentation Inmarsat plc, June. 2014.[Internet]. Available: http://www.inmarsat.com/wp-content.
- Inmarsat plc Investor Day, inmarsat, 24. Sep. 2014.[Internet]. Available: http://www.inmarsat.com/wp-content.
Grant : "4S(SHIP TO SHIP, SHIP TO SHORE) 다중매체 통신 기반 선박 원격 상태모니터링과 최적, 안전운항 지원 시스탬 개발"