- Volume 19 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Deployment of a Sea Based Sensor Platform for the Detection of a SLBM
잠수함 발사 탄도미사일 탐지를 위한 해상 센서플랫폼의 배치에 관한 연구
- Received : 2015.09.15
- Accepted : 2015.10.13
- Published : 2015.10.30
This paper describes deployment of a sea based sensor platform for the detection of a submarine launched ballistic missile (SLBM). Recently, North Korea successfully conducted the underwater launching test of the SLBM, which will seriously threaten the global security. To defend these threats successfully, a sensor platform of the ballistic missile defense (BMD) should be deployed in the area of high detection probability of the missile. The maximum detection range characteristics of the typical radar sensor system, however, depend on the radar cross section (RCS) and flight trajectories of the target. In this point of view, this work analyzed the flight trajectories based on the tactics and calculated the RCS of the SLBM. In addition, sea based sensor platform position is proposed from the analysis of the detection time.
Sensor deployment;Submarine launched ballistic missile;Radar cross section;Ballistic missile defense
- J. W, Kim and Y. S, Kwon, "An analysis of the ballistic missile detection characteristics of a radar depending on RCS," Korean Journal of Military Arts and Science, Vol. 71, No. 2, pp.1-17, Jun.2015.
- L. Gronlund and D. C. Wright, "Depressed trajectory SLBMs: a technical evaluation and arms control possibilities," Science & Global Security, Vol 3, pp. 101-159, 1992. https://doi.org/10.1080/08929889208426380
- N. G, Kim, "A study on the analysis of the flight trajectory characteristics for ballistic missiles," Master's Degree dissertation, Korea National Defense University, Seoul, 1999.
- Y. S, Kwon and B.S, Choi, "Analysis of the flight trajectory characteristics of ballistic missile," Journal of the Military Operations Research Society of Korea, Vol. 32, No. 1, pp.176-187, Jun. 2006.
- J. W, Kim and Y. S, Kwon, "Analysis of flight trajectory characteristics of the MRBM by adjusting the angle of a flight path," Journal of the Korea Institute of Military Science and Technology, Vol. 18, No. 2, pp.173-180, 2005.
- D. C. Wright and Timur Kadyshev, "An analysis of the North Korean Nodong missile," Science & Global Security, Vol. 4, pp.129-160, 1994.
- http://www.globalsecurity.org/wmd/world/russia/r-27-specs.htm (Date : 2015.8.12.)
- http://www.b14643.de/Spacerockets/Diverse/R-27/index.htm (Data : 2015.8.12.)
- D. Wilkening, "European ballistic missile defense options," Center for International Security and Cooperation Stanford University, p.37, Sep. 2009.