- Volume 19 Issue 5
In the end of 1990's, future free flight technology had been developed and tested in America and government established the plan for free flight until 2017. Aircraft separation assurance must be secured essentially to avoid collision between aircrafts before Free Flight comes true. Now, Civil aircraft has rules about avoidance activity with traffic collision avoidance system (TCAS) but it can't apply to light aircraft. So there is a need about alternative method to apply light-aircraft because it has space and price problem to use TCAS. In this paper, TCAS algorithm has been modified and verified by simulating with LABVIEW program under ADS-B condition to get miniaturization and weight lighting cheaply. By simulating, collision alert algorithm is analyzed and verified with collision situation proposed by ICAO, and 100% checked for performing the alert announciation on all cases by TCAS standards.
Automatic dependance surveillance - broadcast;Traffic collision avoidance system;Collision warning algorithm;Free flight
- J. Y. Kang, J. H. Han, and J. H. Kim "Free flight concept and implementation in U.S.A. and EU," Journal of the Korean Society for Aviation and Aeronautics, Vol. 7, No. 7, pp. 25-28, June. 2007.
- J. Y. Kang and D. Y. Lee, "Comparative analysis of free flight conflict detection and resolution algorithm," Journal of the Korean Society for Aviation and Aeronautics, Vol. 19, No. 4, pp. 83-90, Dec. 2011.
- J. H. Kim, "Cooperative level turn maneuver for free flight separation assurance," Korea Aerospace University, Feb. 2011.
- J. H. Kim, "A study for standard about performance improve of traffic collision avoidance system(TCAS-II)," Korea Transport Institute, Korea Aerospace Research Institute, Dec. 2012.
- S. Y. Lee and M. S. Lee, "Next generation technology development for free flight," Ministry of Construction and Transportation, May, 1994
- Y. J. Seo and D. W. Lee, "Test of UAV tracking antenna system using Kalman filter based on GPS velocity and acceleration," Journal of the Korean Society for Space and Aeronautics, Vol. 39, No. 9, pp. 883-888, Sept. 2011. https://doi.org/10.5139/JKSAS.2011.39.9.883
- ICAO, "Aircraft operations", ICAO, Document Sales Unit 999 University Street Montreal Quebec Canada, Doc 8168 Vol.1, 5th edition, pp. I-2-3-1-I-2-3-3, Nov. 2006.
- Analysis of surveillance position error for airfield detection vol.90, pp.6, 2018, https://doi.org/10.1108/AEAT-09-2017-0207
Supported by : 중소기업청