- Volume 19 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Transfer Alignment Using Velocity Matching/Parameter Tuning and Its Performance and Observability Analysis
속도정합 및 매개변수 조정을 사용한 전달정렬의 성능 및 가관측성 분석
- Received : 2015.08.28
- Accepted : 2015.10.12
- Published : 2015.10.30
This paper considers the transfer alignment in the inertial navigation system which has lever-arm and the time delay in the velocity measurement. We suggest a method to improve the performance of the velocity matching. First, we analyze the estimation performance of the velocity matching through the tuning of the two covariance matrices of process noise and measurement noise. Next we provide some maneuvering conditions of the vehicles to improve the estimation performance using the observability analysis. The analysis results are verified using the computer simulations, which show that cruise movements do not provide the azimuth estimation of the vehicles, while east or north accelerating movement can provide.
Inertial navigation system;Transfer alignment;Velocity matching;Observability analysis;Lever arm error
- H. Bertler, "Test facilities and procedures for strapdown system," in Symposium on Gyroscope Technology, Bochum; Germany, 1978.
- H. Hou, Modeling inertial sensors errors using Allan variance, Thesis for degree of master of science, University of Calgary, Calgary; Canada, 2004.
- N. El-Sheimy, H. Hou, and X. Niu, "Analysis and modeling of inertial sensors using Allan variance," IEEE Transactions on Instrumentation and Measurement, Vol. 57, No. 1, pp. 140-149, Jan. 2008. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIM.2007.908635
- B. M., Akesson, J. B. Jorgensen, and N. K. Poulsen, and S.B. Jorgensen, "A tool for Kalman filter tuning," in 17th European Symposium on Computer Aided Process Engineering, Bucharest; Romania, Vol. 24, pp. 859-86, 2007.
- S. Chattaraj, A. Mukherjee, and S.K. Chaudhuri, "Transfer alignment problem : algorithms and design issues," Gyroscopy and Navigation, Vol.4, No.3, pp. 130-146, 2013. https://doi.org/10.1134/S2075108713030036
- D. Goshen-Meskin and I. Y. Bar-Itzhack, "Unified approach to inertial navigation systems error modeling," Journal of Guidance and Control, Vol. 15, No. 3, May-June 1980.