- Volume 19 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Development and Verification of Lightning Induced Transient Protection Device for Avionics Computer
항공기 탑재 컴퓨터용 간접낙뢰 보호장치 개발 및 검증
- Received : 2015.09.07
- Accepted : 2015.10.08
- Published : 2015.10.30
This paper introduces the design details and test procedures of the lightning induced transient protection device for protecting the damage caused by indirect lightning strike on the computer mounted on the aircraft. Lightning induced surge voltage is bring a malfunction or damage to the aircraft electrical and electronic equipment, that is referred to indirect effects of lightning. In order to protect the electronic equipment on aircraft from the indirect effects of lightning, that is achieved by analyzing the effect on aircraft from lightning and protect design for each devices. In this paper, we introduce an indirect lightning strike level decisions, the protection circuit design method according to the chosen level through the RTCA DO-160G Section 22 category analysis and selection was performed in order to protect the damage caused by indirect lightning strikes in the protected equipment. In addition, we show the indirect lightning effects verification test performed to validate the designed protection circuits.
Lightning induced transient;Indirect lightning;RTCA DO-160G section22;Pin injection;Lightning protection
- J. P. Lee and J. S. Tae, "Indirect lightning test for T-50 aircraft", The Korean Society For Aeronautical And Space Sciences, pp. 883-888, Nov. 2006.
- S. H. Han, "Lightning indirect effects of aircraft certification test trends", Current Industrial and Technological Trends in Aerospace, Vol. 5, No. 2, pp. 87-97, Dec. 2007.
- Y. H Cheon, S. P. Lee, and J. H. Park, "Considering the multi-purpose display designed for aircraft lightning protection", Journal of Advanced Navigation Technology, Vol. 18, No. 5, pp. 445-454, Oct. 2014. https://doi.org/10.12673/jant.2014.18.5.445
- Radio Technical Commission for Aeronautics Inc : RTCA/DO-160G, Environmental conditions and test procedures for airborne equipment, section22 lightning induced transient susceptibility, RTCA, Inc : 1828 L Street, NW Suite 805 Washington, DC 20036, pp. 22-1-22-42, Dec. 2010.
- S. H. Han, "Certification of aircraft system and avionics equipment against lightning indirect effect", Aerospace Engineering and Technology, Vol. 4, No. 1, pp. 248-259, Jul. 2005.
- On Semiconductor Components Industries, LLC. Transientovervoltage protection [Internet].Available: http://www.onsemi.com/PowerSolutions/search.do?queryTND335-Dparam1=typeparam1_val=documentparam2=doc_typeparam2_val=White Papers
- M. Clark, Lightning protection for aircraft per RTCA/DO-160D and ARINC 429 protocol, Microsemi Corporation, Scottsdale, AZ, MicroNote 126, 2004.
- TVS diode surface mount - 5000W > 5.0SMDJ series, Littlefuse Inc : 8755 Higgins Rd #500, Chicago, IL 60631, pp. 90-95, Oct. 2014.
- S. Nayak, TVS devices & transmission rates, ProTek Devices, 2929 South Fair Lane Tempe, Arizona 85282, Technical Article 1057, Sep. 2013.