- Volume 19 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
A Study of FC-NIC Design Using zynq SoC for Host Load Reduction
호스트 부하 경감 달성을 위한 zynq SoC를 적용한 FC-NIC 설계에 관한 연구
Hwang, Byeung-Chang;Seo, Jung-hoon;Kim, Young-Su;Ha, Sung-woo;Kim, Jae-Young;Jang, Sun-geun
- Received : 2015.08.21
- Accepted : 2015.10.07
- Published : 2015.10.30
This paper shows that design, manufacture and the performance of FC-NIC (fibre channel network interface card) for network unit configuration which is based on one of the 5 main configuration items of the common functional module for IMA (integrated modular Avionics) architecture. Especially, FC-NIC uses zynq SoC (system on chip) for host load reductions. The host merely transmit FC destination address, source memory location and size information to the FC-NIC. After then the FC-NIC read the host memory via DMA (direct memory access). FC upper layer protocol and sequence process at local processor and programmable logic of FC-NIC zynq SoC. It enables to free from host load for external communication. The performance of FC-NIC shows average 5.47 us low end-to-end latency at 2.125 Gbps line speed. It represent that FC-NIC is one of good candidate network for IMA.
Fibre channel;Integrated modular avionics;Network interface card;System on a chip;Direct memory access
- Richard L. Alena, Communications for Integrated Modular Avionics, Aerospace Conference, 2007 IEEE, 3-10 March 2007.
- Brian Sutterfield, John A. Hoschette, Paul Anton Lockheed Martin MS2 Tactical Systems Eagan, Minnesota FUTURE INTEGRATED MODULAR AVIONICS FOR JET FIGHTER MISSION COMPUTERS
- NATO, STANAG No.4626. Draft 1 Modular and Open Avionics Architectures
- Joao Craveiro and Jose Rufino Universidade de Lisboa, Faculdade de Ciencias, LaSIGE FCUL, Ed. C6, Piso 3, Campo Grande, 1749-016 Lisbon, Portugal Adaptability Support in Time- and Space-Partitioned Aerospace Systems ADAPTIVE 2010
- D. A. Aupers G. J. Heerink S. Willink, Simulation of a Cell Switched Network for the Control of a Switch Matrix in a High-Speed Avionics Network, National Aerospace Lab., Amsterdam (Netherlands). Div. of Electronics and Instrumentation. Conference proceedings, Oct 1996,16p
- ASSC, Guide to Digital Interface Standards for Military Avionics applications, ASSC/110/6/2-Issue 3, Sep. 2006.
- Brian Sutterfield, John A. Hoschette, Paul Anton, Future Integrated Modular Avionics for JET Fighter Mission Computers, Digital Avionics Systems Conference, 2008. DASC 2008. IEEE/AIAA 27th, Lockheed Martin MS2 Tactical Systems
- Jeff Levis, Brian Sutterfield, Rick Stevens, FIBER OPTIC COMMUNICATION WITHIN THE F-35 MISSION SYSTEMS, Avionics Fiber-Optics and Photonics, 2006. IEEE Conference,12-14 Sept. 2006.
- The ASAAC Program, Modular Open Avionics Architecture
- FIBRE CHANNEL PHYSICAL AND SIGNALLING INTERFACE - 2 (FC-PH-2) Rev 7.4 working draft proposed American National Standard for Information Systems September 10, 1996
- Aircraft Systems Mechanical, electrical, and aviconics subsystem integration Third Edition Ian Moir, Allan Seabridge Willy p447-470
- STANDARD FOR VITA 42.0 XMC Approved December 2008, ANSI
- American National Standard for XMC PCI Express Protocol Layer Standard, ANSI/VITA 42.3-2006
- Paper presented at the AGARD MSP Symposium on "Advanced Architectures for Aerospace Mission Systems", held in Istanbul, Turkey, 14-17 October 1996, and published in CP-581. p16-1-16-8
Grant : IMA용 파이버채널 기반의 초고속 직렬버스모듈 개발
Supported by : 산업통상자원부