- Volume 19 Issue 5
This paper suggests detection system for the movement of patient on bed based on IEEE802.15.4 by using pressure pad and guard sensor. The system is designed to detect ordinary activities of patients on bed as well as patients' falling from the bed while sleeping at night. The node that is installed at bed sends data to gather when the pressure pad and sensor of guard detect patients' activities and falling. These data sent to gather are transmitted to monitor at help desk by TCP/IP communication. To remove unnecessary data that occurred due to switch chattering during tossing and turning, timer of MCU is used. Also, Communication module can change transmission power to apply this system to various environments of hospital room. Therefore, the nurse can take care of patients on bed in real time with data about patients' conditions.
Pressure pad;Guard sensor;Monitoring system;Falling;TCP/IP
- J. G. Shin, Prevalence and management of falls among elderly in a hospital, M.S. dissertation, Hanyang University, Feb. 2011.
- J. I. Shin and H. J. Kim, "A study on care helper insight and fall-related knowledge through fall prevention education," Society of Occupational Therapy for the Aged and Dementia, Vol. 6, No. 1, June 2012.
- M. Estudillo-Valderrama, L. M. Roa, J. Reina-Tosina, and D. Naranjo-Hernandez, "Design and implementation of a distributed fall detection system personal server," IEEE Transactions on Information Technology in Biomedicine, Vol. 13, No. 6, Nov. 2009.
- L. Tong, Q. Song, Y. J. Ge, and M. Liu, "HMM-based human fall detection and prediction method using tri-axial accelerometer," IEEE Sensors Journal, Vol. 13, No. 5, May 2013.
- W. S. Baec, Fall detection system design on wireless body area network environment, M.S. dissertation, Josun University, Feb. 2013.
- A. Arcelus, I. Veledar, R. Goubran, F. Knoefel, H. Sveistrup, and M.Bilodeau, "Measurements of sit-to-stand timing and symmetry from bed pressure sensors," IEEE Transactions on Instru -mentation and Measurement, Vol. 60, No. 5, May 2011.
- H. B. Kim, "The security requirement and zigbee technology in ubiquitous environment," Korea Institute of Information Security & Cryptology, Vol. 17, No. 1, pp. 79-88, 2007.
- Digi International Inc. XBee/XBee-PRO DigiMesh 2.4 RF Modules Datasheet [Internet]. Available : http://www.digi.com/support/productdetail?pid=3524&type=documentation.