- Volume 4 Issue 5
The "stamp rally" is an event that participants go the round with predetermined points for the purpose of collecting stamps. They bring the stamp card to these points. They, however, sometimes leave or lose the card. In this case, they may not reach the final destination of the stamp rally. The purpose of this research is the construction of the stamp rally system which distinguishes each participant with his or her hand instead of the stamp card. We have realized our method distinguishing a hand posture by the image processing. We have also evaluated it by 30 examinees. Furthermore, we have designed the data communication between the server and the checkpoint to implement our whole system. We have also designed and implemented the process for the registering participant, the passing checkpoint and the administration.
Stamp rally;Web application;Gesture interface;Posture recognition;Image processing
- T. Takahashi, S. Hori, R. Matsumoto, H. Kobayashi, "Development and Evaluation of FeliCa Stamp Rally Ver. 2 System," The Institute of Electronics, Information and Communication Engineer, IEICE technical report, pp. 23-28, January 2012 (in Japanese).
- A. Suganuma, Y. Kunitomo, "A method estimating the postures of a hand with a single camera for Hand Posing Rally System," Research reports of the Ariake Technical College, Vol.50, pp. 15-22, October 2014 (in Japanese).
- K. Fujimoto, T. Matsuo, N. Shimada and Y. Shirai, "High Speed 3-D Hand Posture Measurement by Tree-based Learning Contour Features," Meeting on Image Recognition & Understanding 2010 (in Japanese).
- T. Matsuo, Y. Yamada, Y. Shirai and N. Shimada, "Feature Extraction and State Decomposition for Image-based Japanese Sign Language Words Recognition Using HMM," The Transactions of Human Interface Society, Vol. 15, No. 1, pp. 85-94, 2013, (in Japanese).
- Y. Mizuchi, H. Kawai, Y. Hagiwara, H. Imamura and T. Iyota, "A Method to Estimate the Position and Orientation of a Hand Regardless of the Bending Degree and Distance Degree of fingers Using a Single WEB Camera," SICE Hokkaido Branch Annual Conference, pp.109-110, 2010 (in Japanese).
- Mathematical Algorithms (Convex Hull of Points), (in Japanese).