- Volume 18 Issue 5
When a train is delayed because of a disturbance, the time interval between successive trains increases and high-frequency metro lines can become unstable. Time interval control is therefore necessary in preventing such instabilities. In this paper, we propose an optimal interval control algorithm that is easy-to-implement and that guarantees system stability. In the proposed method, the controlled trains are determined from the time interval deviations between successive trains; the control algorithm for staying time is designed by use of a discrete traffic model to ensure an optimal time interval between successive trains. The results of a computer simulation are also given to demonstrate the validity of the proposed algorithm.
Train traffic control;Train interval control;Traffic model;Traffic regulation
- S.S. Lee (1998) A Study on the subway regulation based on fuzzy control, Master's Thesis, KAIST.
- H.G. Park (2002) Train regulation by the advanced algorithm for subway, Proceedings of the KIEE Conference, Seoul, Korea, 2002(11), pp. 330-333.
- H.G. Park (2003) Train interval regulation by the modified control algorithm for subway, Master's Thesis, Seoul National University of Science and Technology.
- V. Van Breusegem, G. Campion, G. Bastin (1991) Traffic modeling and state feedback control for metro lines, IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, 36(7), pp. 770-784. https://doi.org/10.1109/9.85057
- W.S. Sevine, M.S. Levino, M. Athans, (1996) On the optimal error regulation of a string of moving vehicles, IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, AC-11, pp. 355-361.
- G.G. Yu (1999) A study on the train regulation algorithm of the railway control, Journal of KNRG, 15, pp. 341-364.
- E. Bailly, S. Hayat, D. Jolly, A.M. Desodt (1996) Subway line one of Lille simulation and regulation based on fuzzy logic, Proceedings of the 12th International Conference on Systems Science, Wroclaw, Poland, 3, pp. 331-338.
- S. Yasunobu, S. Miyamoto, H. Ihara (1983) Fuzzy control for automatic train operation system, 4th IFAC International Conference on Transportation Systems, Baden-Baden, Germany, pp. 33-39.
- S. Yasunobu, S. Miyamoto (1985) Automatic train operation system by predictive fuzzy control, Industrial Applications of Fuzzy Control, North-Holland, pp. 1-18.
- Korea Railroad Research Institute (2008) Technology for urban railway system, Journal of KRRI, 2, pp. 135-163.
- G. Vernazza, R. Zunino (1990) A distributed intelligence methodology for railway traffic control, IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, VT-39(3), pp. 265-270.
- Traffic regulation algorithm for metro lines with time interval deviations vol.31, pp.2, 2016, https://doi.org/10.3233/JIFS-169029
Supported by : 서울과학기술대학교